10+ Year Old Account
    Playoff time always brings about the best fan videos. One for my Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    It's amazing how badly this team has fallen apart; first half of the season they were on fire, an unstoppable juggernaut that looked to be a clear threat in the playoffs. Now? Now we're back to being the laughing-stock of the NHL because can't even beat the teams who failed to make the playoffs, and these losses aren't even that close. No one is skating or playing like they want to win, Pekka has gone from being one of the top goalies in the league to one of the worst, and Franson is still Franson.

Why the hell did we trade for him, exactly? I think pretty much everyone but Poile recognized this to be a horribly bad idea.

And what's going on in the locker room? Has coach Lavy given up, too?

I find the posts on the Preds facebook amusing; express any concern and you're a "bandwagon fan" and this is all "just a (minor) slump" and we're still the best team in the NHL... No, just no... I want the team to do well, but at some point people have to be realistic and admit there's a problem and too many people seem to be in denial.
    That's funny because on the HF boards everyone is pretty much ready to jump off a cliff. People saying they are selling their tickets, blah blah. Granted there are some people on their that weren't even happy when we were winning every game, something was always wrong.

The Franson trade I didn't have a huge issue with at the time, in reality I think he was back up in case Ellis just couldn't go. I don't think he would be that bad in another system, he is just too slow for this one, and pairing him with Ellis who is another slow skater is the dumbest crap I've seen. His poor play probably isn't all on him, but he hasn't done anything to impress me at all. I'm not so sure he isn't worse than he was before he went to Toronto.

That said, the first of the year really was due too some guys playing way above their heads. I was expecting a correction, but damn I didn't see it getting this bad. At this point I say call the young guys up and get them some experience with it, we aren't beating anyone with the way we are playing right now.

In regards to Franson, it is hard for any player to get going when you don't even get 10 minutes a game, and 0 minutes on the PP... which is where he got like almost half his points as a Leaf. That being said, everyone in Toronto thought they got underpaid for Franson.. I personally thought a first was a huge mistake on Nashville's part. That whole trade has worked out very poorly for you guys :/ Santo doesn't even dress most nights as far as I understand?

Anyway... I am really torn between whether I want the Pens or Bruins to miss the playoffs... but I can still fully see Ottawa missing, even though they control their own fate now. Get a point and in against Philly.. Pittsburgh needs a point against Buffalo if Boston wins in SO, or 2 if Boston wins in regulation. Boston is playing Tampa, who could still win the division if they win and Montreal loses in regulation. Tonight is going to be fun

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sens are in! Now we see if the Bruins don't make it. I fully expect the Pens to win. Since they are playing Buffalo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a crazy season for Canadian teams besides the 2 punching bags.

At least Toronto will get Strome in the draft if they don't win the lottery. I think he's the better option over Marner when you consider Kessel and Nylander and JVR.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-04-11 at 11:41 PM.

Unless someone with a worse chance wins the lottery... if Edmonton ends up having to pick 4th, what do they do... take the 11th best prospect overall because he's a D man or package the pick for prospects/players? :x Not taking Strome in the 4 spot would be an awful idea unless you really think Barzal has that much upside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruins out of the playoffs.

And Fishsticks lose home ice advantage.
    Last edited by Reg; 2015-04-12 at 02:09 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Unless someone with a worse chance wins the lottery... if Edmonton ends up having to pick 4th, what do they do... take the 11th best prospect overall because he's a D man or package the pick for prospects/players? :x Not taking Strome in the 4 spot would be an awful idea unless you really think Barzal has that much upside.
    Trade pick bump back to around the top 10 (or try to move up) and grab Provorov or Werenski is what I'd imagine they would do if they lose 3rd overall to someone leaping over in the lottery. Provorov is still a very good defenseman but they really want Hanifin I'd imagine. Think it's gonna go Mcdavid then Eichel then Hanifin then Strome if the top 4 stays the same. Things get iffy after that, it's hard to pass on Marner but Carolina at #5 doesn't really need anymore small forwards. Lots of people like Crouse but I don't see it, power forward is a crap shoot and Marner is the better player. Reality is Carolina could pick any one of those high projected players and be good off since their prospect cupboards are pretty barren. This draft is crazy deep and I don't see any of those 3 top D men making it out of the top 8. So many of those teams need defensive help badly. Carolina, New Jersey, Philly, Columbus, Colorado all need D big time. I could easily see Marner going 5 then Provorov and Werenski going 6, 7 to New Jersey and Philadelphia. Makes it interesting to see who will be available by time the Flames pick. We need a D man but if any of those wingers fall I'd be thrilled to take one.

I hope the Leafs end up with Strome, he'd be perfect for you guys and having Strome - Kadri - Bozak is solid down the middle depth but I personally don't like Bozak that much. I think they should try to get something in the way of draft pick(s) and/or prospect(s) for him. He's pretty good at faceoffs so he might relish in the 3rd line center role, but he's not a top line center in the NHL. Not sure how he is defensively but I know Strome is 2 way. He's also projected to be a top line centerman so having Strome - Kadri as your 1 - 2 is solid. Nylander is doing great for the Marlies, I really like him as a prospect. I know he's either a center or a winger but I was under the impression he'd be a winger in the NHL (correct me if I'm wrong, that would be some sick depth at C otherwise). Nylander - Strome - Kessel would be a deadly line in 2-3 years time. That Connor Brown kid is playing well too, he's always been a scoring machine. Not sure how he translates to the big league but that could be another good 3rd liner for you guys. Your blue line is a complete mess though, Rielly is great but he's still young. Dion is a plug and I think he'll be traded this off season.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-04-12 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone put up on my Facebook feed. The Avs finished last in the central division with 90 points. The Central is really the division of death.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, who is setting up our bracket this year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I have a bias or anything... but GO RANGERS! lol

Deleted
    Great to see so many Canadian teams on the playoffs. Fans in Calgary and Winnipeg really deserve a winning team after so many disappointing seasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else having trouble sending / receiving invites via e-mail for the nhl.com bracket thing?

I did the comma-separated list to all my buddies and family...no one's received an e-mail yet. I hit "submit" and it says "Loading E-mail Client" then just doesn't do anything else. Using Chrome...I tried IE just for kicks and it had a "mailto" prompt, then didn't go any further.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2015-04-12 at 10:29 AM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble sending / receiving invites via e-mail for the nhl.com bracket thing?

I did the comma-separated list to all my buddies and family...no one's received an e-mail yet. I hit "submit" and it says "Loading E-mail Client" then just doesn't do anything else. Using Chrome...I tried IE just for kicks and it had a "mailto" prompt, then didn't go any further.
    try with ; instead of , maybe?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    In regards to Franson, it is hard for any player to get going when you don't even get 10 minutes a game, and 0 minutes on the PP... which is where he got like almost half his points as a Leaf. That being said, everyone in Toronto thought they got underpaid for Franson.. I personally thought a first was a huge mistake on Nashville's part. That whole trade has worked out very poorly for you guys :/ Santo doesn't even dress most nights as far as I understand?

Neither of them have done anything to deserve playing time. Franson does good to get 10, and other than maybe an argument for replacing Jones, he isn't going to replace, Weber, Josi. or Ellis on the PP. Its the reason many didn't want him to begin with, he was a very redundant piece. Santo has been given ample opportunity, but has done nothing but turn the puck over, and get bounced around like a rag doll. He's getting benched in favor of Stalberg and Cullen, so that should tell you something about his play.

There have been rumors that the original trade didn't even involve Santo but rather Kessel, and Franson was to be coming back to fill a hole for us ( so I'm guessing the trade probably involved Jones). It fell through and instead of just walking away they morphed it into this. In all honesty I fill bad for the two, they didn't help us, and did nothing but hurt their FA value.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    try with ; instead of , maybe?
    Think its more of a scripting thing. I tried a single e-mail address and got nothing.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That's funny because on the HF boards everyone is pretty much ready to jump off a cliff. People saying they are selling their tickets, blah blah. Granted there are some people on their that weren't even happy when we were winning every game, something was always wrong.
    Yeah, I know; I lurk the HF boards a lot. Really the facebook page and the HF boards seem to be the two different ends of the spectrum: greatest team ever or worst team in the history of everything.

I'm trying to stay somewhere in the middle, but each passing game makes it harder and harder to stay even remotely positive.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought my tickets for game 3 boys, paid 280 each for 2nd bowl and now prices are upwards of 400+ per ticket wow.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So less than 12 hour after their season ended the Leafs have started cleaning house. Nonis, Horachek and assistants have been fired. Looks like Shanahan is going to keep his promise.
    Last edited by Elta; 2015-04-12 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance, as a fan I am so glad the season is over, now we don't have to listen to retards like Damien Cox blather on about the Leafs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Just bought my tickets for game 3 boys, paid 280 each for 2nd bowl and now prices are upwards of 400+ per ticket wow.
    You must be smoking a bowl if you are paying those kind of prices, that is flat out absurd.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    nonis gone horacek gone. damien cox wont be done quite yet brother!