10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Okay guys I'm going to list off junglers that I want since I had a batch of RP I bought since a paycheck came in (1158 RP).

Skarner (sale), Maokai, Rengar, Diana, Darius, Hecarim, Nautilus, Shyvana, Lee Sin (personally the one I'm thinking about), Nocturne, and Jarvan.

Out of all of those which one would you guys choose, just clear something... Lee Sin is on my list the one I'm thinking about the most because he has a great early game and I have a knack for early game junglers. Maokai probably second.
    my vote goes for shyvana. She has a really fast clear speed, is really safe, does a lot of damage and becomes absurdly tanky with few items. Her main problem is that her ganking sucks. Though you can take exhaust to sort of remedy that.

Lee sin is a total boss too. One of my favorite junglers, but I don't often play him due to his rather lack luster late game. If you're fed out the ass or something, you'll destroy people, but I find that his late game is rather boring and somewhat useless. He is very strong in the early game though.

I would also try jarvan next week too. He is more of a tank jungler and you won't really be building aggressive on him, but he has very good ganks, and his ult is amazing. Though it has a lot of potential to screw your team over too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shhh, don't tell them my dirty but posted everywhere in the LoL section secret about how I love Shaco.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 02:45 PM ----------

Bought Lee Sin, just going to get 4800 IP for Maokai.
    Should of got Skarner. Everyone always forget him, but I've carried some insane games as him.

Deleted
    Skar skar is like the perfect hybrid of a tank and bruiser jungle, you should try him. He has the endgame CC to stay relevant throughout the game while still having decent early damage. He is a great initiator which is really useful in solo queue. I always get fed when I play him for some reason.

Okay guys I'm going to list off junglers that I want since I had a batch of RP I bought since a paycheck came in (1158 RP).

Skarner (sale), Maokai, Rengar, Diana, Darius, Hecarim, Nautilus, Shyvana, Lee Sin (personally the one I'm thinking about), Nocturne, and Jarvan.

Out of all of those which one would you guys choose, just clear something... Lee Sin is on my list the one I'm thinking about the most because he has a great early game and I have a knack for early game junglers. Maokai probably second.
    Maokai, Nautilus, Lee Sin are pretty good junglers (although I suck with Lee) with Nautilius and Maokai there 1-3 are pretty slow compared to Udyr, Shyvana, Diana. Diana has godly clear speed and can smash faces after 2 or 3 early ganks.

Never seen a good Rengar jungle to say he is good.

Hecarim I am reserving opinion about because I am still learning him. The others I've rarely used (Nocturne) or never jungled with (Darius) and lastly don't have (J4, Rengar, Shyvana)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had a normal game as Lee Sin, pretty much have the skillshot down, I'm already sure I can play him ranked and be successful. 13/2/16 was the record I had but it was only because his ganks are just so god damn strong.
    Hey everyone

So this may be a little odd, but I saw this on the red tracker from Kades:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...23780#29123780

Probably the most, "quit being a little jackass" response I have ever seen from someone who works on staff for a game.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post

Probably the most, "quit being a little jackass" response I have ever seen from someone who works on staff for a game.
    Kades picks fight with forum troll.

Kades uses logic.

It's super effective.

Forum troll feints.

That red post is exactly why I love Riot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Jarvan, Janna, Cho'gath, Corki, Varus, Riven, Mordekaiser, Mundo, Vladimir and Annie

EDIT: ^from tomorrow
    Nobody fun but nobody cancer either.
    I guess I can play again.

15+ Year Old Account

That red post is pretty awesome, but I have to also give the OP's post some props as well.

dunno if it was already posted, but...
    Week 42 free champions:

Annie
    Jarvan
    Janna
    Cho' Gath
    Corki
    Varus
    Riven
    Mordekaiser
    Dr.Mundo
    Vladimir

Pretty frustrating for me as I already have most of these and 3 of them are top picks for me ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    dunno if it was already posted, but...
    Week 42 free champions:

Annie
    Jarvan
    Janna
    Cho' Gath
    Corki
    Varus
    Riven
    Mordekaiser
    Dr.Mundo
    Vladimir

Pretty frustrating for me as I already have most of these and 3 of them are top picks for me ><
    yeeeeesss Ive wanted to try corki for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Kades picks fight with forum troll.

Kades uses logic.

It's super effective.

Forum troll feints.

That red post is exactly why I love Riot.
    I just loved that he went in and did it. Kades is quickly becoming my favorite poster to read stuff from. It's probably the first time I've seen someone do that. I also thought about the BLOWUP that would have happened on say, any Blizzard game had an employee done that. Shows that they're very passionate about the game.

10+ Year Old Account

That's pretty awesome. Some of the red posters are pretty amazing.

It was very tactfully done, but with the whole stfu thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    That's pretty awesome. Some of the red posters are pretty amazing.

It was very tactfully done, but with the whole stfu thing going on.
    I also REALLY like it when Lyte is like, "No, you're a jerk, you deserved the ban."

10+ Year Old Account
    Kades is awesome. My gosh. That was awesome.

New Twisted Fete skin revamp inc in the next couple of months. YAY!
    But no Legendary changes to my Magnificent TF

I really want this proposed Heimer revamp to occur soon!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just finished playing in my first tournament. It was by no means a super serious event, since it was just a local one at my university, but our team made it to the finals before we lost. Our team was one 1900, two 1500s, one 1400, one 1200 or so. Their team was one 2100, one 1900 and three 1500s. So they had the slight advantage elo wise, but they definitely had the coordination advantage.

Even though we ended up losing, it was still really fun to play it in an "organized" (I use quotes because that was the most disorganized thing i've participated in) LoL event. Though supposedly the next tournament our university has is going to be sponsored by Riot. I'm not really sure how that works, since we don't really have any stellar teams or anything, but hey i'm not gonna complain.

So that was really cool. It makes me appreciate the professional players that much more. I'm not going to try to compare myself to them, but when you play in a tournament, even a casual one, you get the adrenaline and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel really bad for this Irelia I just played against. Fantastic player, one of the most fun games I've played top lane in a while and my first game Jayce top lane since his release. We were evenly matched throughout the game. Traded kills once. She got the jump on me, I got the jump on her. It's one of those rare games where the junglers leave you alone to just duke it out, but neither really lose or win.

So why did the junglers leave us alone and why do I feel bad for her? Well, for starters, she had a jungle Akali on her team. I shit you not. And it was a ranked game. Then, I actually grabbed a small early advantage, so our jungle Diana left top alone and focused on bot lane who was failing hardcore. So we get top lane to ourselves. I know it's a jungle Akali, so I play more aggressive than usual, and Irelia knows Diana is busy bot lane so she also plays more aggressive. We just end up harassing each other until one person gets low enough for a full commit. Irelia's awesome sustain kept her in lane, and I rushed a wriggles to keep myself in lane. I was ridiculously fun. I ended up coming out on top in our little war, but it didn't end there. I knew I had to shut down Vayne, Irelia knew I was the only one smart enough to do so. We end up in another war over the life of her Vayne. Thankfully, after a few team fights where I was able to weaken Vayne before I died (I was the only frontline. We had no tank), my Katarina finally started getting kills and snowballing, so instead of one person, Irelia now has to worry about two (she had a Taric but he was terrible and focused the really underfed Corki). We eventually pulled out a win as I got more tanky so I didn't melt while still keeping up the damage (Fratmas YAY!).

After the game I talked to the Irelia for about 5 min about random stuff that happened during the game, how much fun top lane was, and how bad her Akali was (multiple towerdives with no hope of survival bad). Like I said, fantastic player and she didn't rage, was just more sad that she met her match and couldn't do anything about it because they were essentially down a player.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    So I just finished playing in my first tournament. It was by no means a super serious event, since it was just a local one at my university, but our team made it to the finals before we lost. Our team was one 1900, two 1500s, one 1400, one 1200 or so. Their team was one 2100, one 1900 and three 1500s. So they had the slight advantage elo wise, but they definitely had the coordination advantage.

Even though we ended up losing, it was still really fun to play it in an "organized" (I use quotes because that was the most disorganized thing i've participated in) LoL event. Though supposedly the next tournament our university has is going to be sponsored by Riot. I'm not really sure how that works, since we don't really have any stellar teams or anything, but hey i'm not gonna complain.

So that was really cool. It makes me appreciate the professional players that much more. I'm not going to try to compare myself to them, but when you play in a tournament, even a casual one, you get the adrenaline and everything.
    College tournaments are wicked fun. My college just started them up this year, we are trying for one every weekend. Apparently if we get official funding from the school, MLG might come out and host an official tournament here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    [snip]

College tournaments are wicked fun. My college just started them up this year, we are trying for one every weekend. Apparently if we get official funding from the school, MLG might come out and host an official tournament here.
    I've had that happen like once, and it was really amazing. That pretty much says duo Q partner all over it if you sent a friend request. I talked to their ranged AD (the 2100 guy) after the games and asked him for some tips and he was super friendly about it and gave me a bunch of pointers. It's nice to see people being friendly and stuff.

I think if we tried to recruit people for the LoL club, it would get quite big quite fast. It seems like almost everyone I talk to here has played LoL or plays it, or has at least heard of it. I think it would be pretty amazing to get a regular tournament setup. I'ma have to talk to the people running it more to see what they were told from Riot (or if Riot has some sort of collegiate LoL thing i've never stumbled upon)

I think we could probably get one going every weekend if we really wanted to, but it might be awhile before that happens. Would be pretty awesome though.

Deleted
    Kades is my hero. That is just plain epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    Kades is my hero. That is just plain epic.
    It's nice that people are tackling some of the toxicity of the community, but doing it in such terribly sexist terms really doesn't improve anything.