POM Not on the Tank?

In certain situations is it better to use the pom on the raid if you know there will be damage coming rather than let it possibly ping once on a tank?

Has anyone worked out how much 5x POM heals equals?

Uh, multiply the tooltip by 5 and you'll find out, add 60% of one charge to that and voila.

I always use it where it will bounce the most

Yeah, it is, because if it ticks on the tank before anyone has suffered damage, I'm not quite sure whom it will go to (if it isn't wasted entirely), and you know the tank will take damage, usually the most, so it's likely they'll get a heal off it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Yeah, it is, because if it ticks on the tank before anyone has suffered damage, I'm not quite sure whom it will go to (if it isn't wasted entirely), and you know the tank will take damage, usually the most, so it's likely they'll get a heal off it anyway.
    Hmm oki Thanks

If the tank is so far away from the raid then it's going to be better to drop it on a random DPS/Healer in the raid group rather than the tank, otherwise drop it on the tank. Once damage is already going out it's also beneficial to drop it on a low health DPS/Healer.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    It doesn't get wasted (assuming your tank isn't out of range of everyone) if no one else has taken any damage then it just bounces to a random person.

Also... I find your sig disturbing but I don't know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Are they naked slap boxing? I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    If the tank is so far away from the raid then it's going to be better to drop it on a random DPS/Healer in the raid group rather than the tank, otherwise drop it on the tank. Once damage is already going out it's also beneficial to drop it on a low health DPS/Healer.
    This is pretty much the case. Sometimes an ability will target a few people in the raid and do significant damage over time for a few seconds (4-5). For things like this, it is better to hold ProM and cast it immediately on one of the one's chosen so it bounces between them, chewing up all charges quickly. Also, be careful about casting ProM on low health anyone, b/c ProM isn't Mini-GS. If the next damage kills you, ProM will not save you.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Also, be careful about casting ProM on low health anyone, b/c ProM isn't Mini-GS. If the next damage kills you, ProM will not save you.
    By low health I didn't mean near death, haha.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

This reminded me someone I used to know that whenever they took any damage they had some addon or something that would automatically /y that he needed healing... was super annoying.

PoM doesn't bounce if it is on someone with a shield does it? Basically since the shield absorbs the damage then the person doesn't actually take damage to activate the PoM?

PoM doesn't bounce if it is on someone with a shield does it? Basically since the shield absorbs the damage then the person doesn't actually take damage to activate the PoM?
    Correct, so you can PW:S->ProM and ProM will not bounce until PW:S is either fully absorbed or falls off.

EDIT: That's why for the "three or four" people take aggressive DoTs damage pattern I'll PW:S first, then ProM the last person I shielded so when their shield breaks, they'll get the 60% boost and ProM can freely bounce to everyone else b/c their shields are broken already. Kinda like a time delay heal.

---------- Post added 2011-07-08 at 10:18 AM ----------

Right, was clarifying at large.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always start out on the tank since, glyphed, PoM hits harder on first target.. also, you know it's going to bounce before it expires. I'll use it on a raid member in an "oh shit" scenario, but not often.
    Also, be sure to use the PoM Tracker addon. Not sure if it's updated for 4.2 yet, but it'll tell you how many charges are left and who the PoM is on. Awesome addon to save mana and track a passive heal.

EDIT: PoM Tracker creator has not updated and it doesn't look like a new one has been made. Only current addon for tracking is PoM Assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotormon View Post
    EDIT: PoM Tracker creator has not updated and it doesn't look like a new one has been made. Only current addon for tracking is PoM Assist.
    Well that maybe the only addon that only does that others can do it too like x-perl, vuhdo, grid are the ones that come to mind right off the top of my head. Others do too.

It's part of an album cover, make of it what you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    off topic sig comment: they're underwater Pendulum <3

on topic: I usually use it on tanks if the whole raid is clumped in preparation for incoming damage (Majordomo for example) if I know the RAID is going to take srs aoe damage, then ill just put it on myself or whoever im hovered over at the time. It won't save a tank from near death bc it only crits for like 35k D: (wont save a tank in raids). Maybe it will however, provided the rare scenario that he gets hit twice for 1/3 of his health, then once again, has 5k hp left, PoM crits, paladin Divine Light DOESN'T crit but with your PoM + DL tank is miraculously saved.
    [/CENTER]