Page 36 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    You mean as they do on wow currently? You are in denial, bots get by blizzard day in day out for extended periods of time. When they do eventually catch them, enough money has been made to just go buy another key.
    i think you misunderstand those 2 games for the same principle do you?

in wow theres a few thousand accounts in one world while in d3 you will have to open a private(or public, whatever it is...) game in wich you will be listed seperately. its very easy to scan one game with one person in it instead of a giant world with then tousand people in there?

just move the shit away from comparing diablo with wow....

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Is no one else's neckbeard tingling? We'll finally be able to (legally) make cash off playing video games. Bring it on.
    Exactly what im thinking. I don't see any problem with this at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    that sounds all kinds of lame
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 64bitjedi View Post
    Not to everyone.

Some folks feel the time spent farming gold is enough validation to circumvent and whip out the credit card.
    Like in Diablo 2.

I sell items to some noobs who just can't wait for loot, transfer the money to wow sub and I play for free. And Blizzard gets money, too. Everyone's happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    Wow, just wow. Your complete lack of reading comprehension amazes me. My point was that wow cashes in on game sales, monthly fees and micro transactions and all of them big time, while other competitors only cash in on one or two of them. That is a simple fact, where was this proven wrong? And what do you want to tell me with all that 0x10=/=15 stuff and my numbers being wrong? Are you really that horrible in math that you don't recognize that you are just about to make a complete fool of yourself? If i say the income is at least 10 times as much and we compare income of 15 vs 0 than 0x10 does not have to be equal to 15, it just has to be lower. And guess what? IT IS!!! I am starting to feel like talking to a child here.
    Try again. You didn't say, "At least". You said 2-10 times. Sorry champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    As they explain (very well) in the FAQ on Diablofans, the goal of this system is to allow savvy players to pile up a good amount of currency through the Auction House so that they eventually are able to maintain their Auction House transactions without adding additional money from their own pocket.

This system basically means that Blizzard will see an initial moderate income from the Auction House, however as players start accumulating money the amount of actual currency being deposited to Blizzard will begin to recycle itself. The end result is that they will never make more money than they do at the highest peak of currency transfers during the launch period (when the game is going to be most popular).

Quote Originally Posted by 64bitjedi View Post
    Not to everyone.

Some folks feel the time spent farming gold is enough validation to circumvent and whip out the credit card.
    I think you have missed the point of my original post and the post I was replying to. Basically we don't need an insertion fee, because when it's REAL money no one is going to buy junk items or stuff that is easy to obtain. Why is the fee there then? To line Blizzards pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    and blizzard will detect your botting actions, have fun in banland!
    you cant actually believe that. almost every day, in every BG i go into there is a bot. they don't detect them automatically, players report them, then they monitor them closely. they don't have the resources to individually monitor every player playing, and if people didn't report them, chances are they would never get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    i think you misunderstand those 2 games for the same principle do you?

in wow theres a few thousand accounts in one world while in d3 you will have to open a private(or public, whatever it is...) game in wich you will be listed seperately. its very easy to scan one game with one person in it instead of a giant world with then tousand people in there?

just move the shit away from comparing diablo with wow....
    The number of players per server have nothing to do with blizzards inability to control bots, they are just as rampant on dead servers as the heavily populated ones.

The repercussinos of this are somewhat scary to me. Instead of taking 10 hours or so to farm the needed in-game gold to purchase an item from an AH, I can instead pay something like $3. In the past, I justified not doing that because it was illegal and could result in a ban; but now, how can I reasonably not do that? I work a job, making $XX thousand a year, so how can I not be willing to spend a few bucks to avoid a boring grind?

The "boring" grind is the game though...we do the grind to get the feeling of accomplishment, but now that feeling is gone too. I can have anything I want anytime I want it and I know anyone else that has something could have done the same. So instead of grinding for ten hours, I open my wallet -- but then what do I do with the time I saved? Watch TV? Than why did I buy the item?

The flip side to that then becomes to why not try and profit off the system? Spend time earing gear other's will pay for and sell it for real money. So what does that accomplish? Do the painful grind for cash? It's then like having a second job.

I love Blizzard, but this choice will very likely take all the fun out of the game. It's almost as if they've ignored the obvious psychological addictions people have for these games -- they've made the carrot to easy to reach. I will never be able to justify not purchasing something with actual dollars...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juikkinen View Post
    what the heck are you talking about?

Does it mean if i make alot of sales that im a botter?

Example i got about 600k gold in wow atm and I post about 1000 auctions per day (and they sell more/less everyday) that im a botter?

Im not selling gold, but going towards the cap.

How ever in d3, i am going to make irl profit and if i use real money to buy too cheap but good item and resell. and do this with alot of other items and farm stuff at the same time with my high geared char.

This doesent mean im a botter does it?

Just because you earn alot doesen't mean you bot.
    I also look forward to turning a RL profit from a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    "Time is money" is such an overstated phrase I think it has lost all of its original meaning.

Yes time is 'valuable' but only in a metaphorical sense. It doesn't mean people should live their lives with their credit card always in their hand, always thinking of money and the profit margin. It means don't waste your time, your life doing stuff you don't want to do.
    I don't want to farm gold. :P But, I agree with you. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Can we please stop talking about WoW on this thread? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    This is why you don't let Activision in on anything..greedy fucks...
    You really think this is just on Activision and not Blizzard as well?

Fanboy much?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I think you have missed the point of my original post and the post I was replying to. Basically we don't need an insertion fee, because when it's REAL money no one is going to buy junk items or stuff that is easy to obtain. Why is the fee there then? To line Blizzards pockets.
    Why is there a fee on every other auction browser? To line their pockets.

You complain about something every other auction house in real life has.

except for the moneytrading being 100% optional and you being able to cut their additional cash mashine by not trading in real money... right?

That's a point I can agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    This is why you don't let Activision in on anything..greedy fucks...
    not at all actually, blizzard always go with the market. Look outside your box... almost all the game out there have a RL money related to their game. Like bying gear, item, gold, mount, skin, maps... I don't say that i approve it, do not think that activision's fault or even blizz fault, they are compagny and sadly, compagny is here for profit.. almost all the games out there do that except blizz game, for now, and they want to follow that awful market...sadly...
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2011-08-01 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalAim View Post
    You really think this is just on Activision and not Blizzard as well?

Fanboy much?
    Activision doesn't make games, they publish them. Activision "may" have some limited touch on things, but game design is still in the hands of <whatever team> Blizzard has working on Diablo 3. This is still on Blizzard. :X