Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well as a former navy seal, we never got a bayonet.
    British Army do and they have seen recent use too.

does the British Army still use horses in their cavalry as well?

I jest. But really I'm sure a bayonet get some use, however you would use your rifle as your main weapon for most of the time.

Deleted
    does the British Army still use horses in their cavalry as well?

I jest. But really I'm sure a bayonet get some use, however you would use your rifle as your main weapon for most of the time.
    Yes, but if you are in close like any tank in Wildstar then a bayonet can only be beneficial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Yes, but if you are in close like any tank in Wildstar then a bayonet can only be beneficial.
    Indeed. Aiming a Rifle when the span of the rifle is bigger than the distance between the soon to be deceased, might aswell impale the bastard.

Jedi, schmedi
    :O

And in general... applying real world logic to a MMO is always a bad idea

Patch notes are out. I noticed there are character body type options on character create now so perhaps that will satisfy the folks who felt that area was lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep the UI patch notes can be found at

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...4/#entry304801

Too large to copy and paste.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    More hairstyles and body types are always welcome in my book. Can't wait to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    More hairstyles and body types are always welcome in my book. Can't wait to see them.
    Kinda sad I uninstalled the beta client a bit ago now >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Some key patch notes:

*Added new character hair options in Character Creation.
    *Character Creation now offers various body types for all races and genders.
    *A completely revamped User Interface has been introduced to the game! The UI will continue to be polished over the coming months, so please pardon our dust.
    *Changes have been made that should reduce game latency when realms have high player populations.

*Stun Breakout Gameplay has been changed based on feedback. This change is intended to remove the button spamming, while also making keyboard macros less viable.
    -Players no longer have to rapidly press the interact button to get out of Stuns.
    -Now a random movement button (Forward, Backward, Left or Right) is selected.
    -Holding down the corresponding button will allow you to get out of the stun faster.

*Higher difficulty encounters and creatures have been added throughout the world. These creatures will grant larger quest credit and XP for those willing to take on the added difficulty.
    *World Taxis now have more direct flights to various locations.
    *The Group XP bonus has been increased for open world groups. Ungrouped players should no longer earn more per kill than players that are grouped.
    *Experience rewards for open world public events have been tuned. These events now have a median level for purposes of distributing experience. Players more than five levels below the event will not be eligible for participation in most events, and players more than three levels above will be able to participate but will not receive experience rewards. Players above the experience threshold will continue to receive item rewards for participating.

And they added some more VO's and so on...
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well hot sauce. If they can make several patches like this prior to launch, I think they may be able to clean up many a mess that has been made.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well hot sauce. If they can make several patches like this prior to launch, I think they may be able to clean up many a mess that has been made.
    Isn't this the release candidate? Bug fix aside? Swear i read those words together on another forum post somewhere.

Isn't this the release candidate? Bug fix aside? Swear i read those words together on another forum post somewhere.
    2 months out? >.>

I mean, I'm not expecting any more dramatic overhauls like this between now and launch, but I'd still expect tweaks to a number of systems, especially stuff that's been overhauled like the UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    2 months out? >.>

I mean, I'm not expecting any more dramatic overhauls like this between now and launch, but I'd still expect tweaks to a number of systems, especially stuff that's been overhauled like the UI.
    Maybe i mistook the context of those words in their forums, i can't really remember the thread i read it at. Still 2 months out, i doubt we will see many more big changes.

The new breakout mechanic is interesting ... but I hope "right or left" works with strafe. I don't ever have right or left in my keybinds :/

Or did I read that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I have a weird feeling that there are going to be way too many Stalkers at launch ><
    Melee combat isn't even my 'thing', definitely not how I ever start out any game (I prefer ranged DPS), but stalker was my favorite class when I was in beta. I haven't played since they discontinued persistent access, but at the time it was the only class that didn't feel underpowered to me.

Functionally, I preferred the spellslinger, but their DPS was just too low to warrant playing one for long. Esper, I never could get the hang of their (at least early on) lack of mobility. Engineer DPS was also too awful to play. Never liked medic or warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Some key patch notes:

*Added new character hair options in Character Creation.
    *Character Creation now offers various body types for all races and genders.
    I have to say, this really surprises me. Carbine have to be the first ever MMO developer I've encountered who actually bothered to add more character creation options between beta and launch based on feedback. Last I heard, they had no further additions planned until post launch.

I just hope the options look good and weren't rushed.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i mistook the context of those words in their forums, i can't really remember the thread i read it at. Still 2 months out, i doubt we will see many more big changes.
    I didn't expect them to be capable of making changes like this either, but they did. Shows what I know. I don't expect them to rectify half of the problems I have, which addons will likely have to fix, but they are heading good directions. I'm pretty sure they'll have some significant updates after they launch the new UI because a game simply can't launch with a halfway done UI.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Important question before i preorder teh Star of Wild; Which Beta will let us test the game on EU servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Important question before i preorder teh Star of Wild; Which Beta will let us test the game on EU servers?
    The weekend Betas, which the next one will be NEXT weekend. That is unless there's another bonus weekend this weekend. I doubt there will be, but stranger things have happened.