Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why stacking mastery sucks

Not being able to swap to afflic and do remotely good dps...
    Primarily on beth I'm very useless due to demon's not being able to hit the spinners and if I swap to afflic then my dps is crap with only 20% haste fully buffed

Deleted
    Pretty much true as the two specs are differed in their reforge profiles, but that's the case for now, choose one spec and stick with it.
    I don't see a reason to complain tbh.
    Or get two sets of gear :P

no. its you who suck.

on fight like beth, where you have a lot of multidoting, mastery gives you more dps than haste.
    your dots gain 1.63% dps per point of mastery and only 1% per point of haste.

and, by the way, demon can do more damage on spinners than affliction.

Keep it civil ~Prozac
    Last edited by mmocd9f934ed2c; 2011-09-23 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Death Strike isn't the only button we hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Way to read.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    -Nietzsche
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Quote Originally Posted by Seph696 View Post
    Pretty much true as the two specs are differed in their reforge profiles, but that's the case for now, choose one spec and stick with it.
    I don't see a reason to complain tbh.
    Or get two sets of gear :P
    Well I don't need valor anymore so that might be worth doing...

Yes, getting two sets would probably be the best answer here. Even without different roles to fill, it seems blizzard is pushing DPS to get two sets of gear just like tank/dps, tank/heal, and heal/dps.

time is money, afterall

Get reforgesaver addon, create profile for Demo, create profile for aff... drop summon stone, hearth, press "reforge affliction" wait 30 seconds, get summoned back, win.

Sad thing for demo locks is a lot of our BiS actually favours Aff this tier, it costs me 350g to reforge my gear for Demo as there so little mastery on my gear, and only 68g to forge back to Affliction.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-09-23 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    i dont get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    i dont get it
    Don't worry about it. Firebert is the person that didn't get it. Anyways OT. I agree the drawback on going demonology is that you can't really change specs and play optimal unless you reforge back to the other stats. Oh wells. Hopefully they will buff destruction soon so I can go back to that .

IF YOU are like me then you dont switch to affliction anymore, except for heroic alys, in which case you do not need to reforge for haste if you fly. demo is the best anyways

Quote Originally Posted by warician View Post
    IF YOU are like me then you dont switch to affliction anymore, except for heroic alys, in which case you do not need to reforge for haste if you fly. demo is the best anyways
    hmmm ?

demo you mean mastery, as aff, for alyz flying ? would make more sense.

altho, i just simmed my char, and, at my gear lvl, as demo, haste = mastery. 1.79 each. So i just play as a haste demo (18% haste 12 mastery unbuffed), only switching trinkets and a ring when i change back to aff.

still using chalice, and its working great so far. 30k ish as demo, ilvl 380 equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    hmmm ?

altho, i just simmed my char, and, at my gear lvl, as demo, haste = mastery. 1.79 each. So i just play as a haste demo (18% haste 12 mastery unbuffed), only switching trinkets and a ring when i change back to aff.

still using chalice, and its working great so far. 30k ish as demo, ilvl 380 equipped.
    How much time do you have to wait for the chalice to come off CD? even with all mastery reforge I end up waiting 30seconds+ sometimes

Deleted
    hmmm ?

Thats not impressive at all, i do 30k ish with 373 equipped ilvl, with a mastery build

hmmm ?

Remember that value change as you swap reforges, they might show as equal with your current reforges, but if you stack more mastery or more haste those value change.

I have ilvl382 and I go full mastery when I'm seriously playing Demo (read: for Heroic Ragnaros), and it nets me 19.12 Mastery, and 12% haste (unbuffed), I'd honestly go lower on haste and higher on mastery if it were possible, but with my current gear, its not.

With the doomguard doing 1-1.5M per pop, he's pretty stellar for Rag's burn phase, as well as the huge boost due to Meta, mastery provides far more burst than haste ever will, and for Rag that's important. Also, if you get more than 4 procs on Impending Doom due to higher haste, it isn't helping you at all since you have to save meta for Chalice anyhow... Without chalice, haste might prove more valuable since Meta isn't reliant on trinket CD, and as such can be used more often.

Proc decimation off one of the 1st spinners then just chain soulfire on the rest. cast one or two corruptions on the 2nd set when they drop to maybe proc some free SBs. Blow meta on the 1st drone for some meter padding. usually she comes down just a little after meta is back up.
    I've been holding up fairly evenly w/ our two aff locks on most fights. Just different gameplay.

You say Mastery sucks for Demonology because it isn't good for Affliction... You realize how silly that sounds, right? That's like saying a Boomkin shouldn't stack Intellect because it doesn't help them when they switch to Feral...

hmmm ?

i mean that i only use aff for alys because i have to fly, the haste buff is enough to where there is no need to reforge to haste.

if you are reforging to haste as a demo lock you are just silly

i think i came out wrong.

it is know that a "haste" demo lock doenst suck as bad as a "mastery" affliction lock.

i was just saying that when i need to play demo, i can just keep my current reforging (haste) and put chalice on and end up being decent. It wasnt meant to be "impressive" in any way (although, i'd love to see 30k dps with 373 ilvl tho)

Aff is my main spec, im only demo when the other lock is absent (and i always know it when the raid starts, he can'T be on in advance)

i guess i could just wait at the reforging guy like a nub before the raid starts and reforge right before we zone in... I prefer aff so it might just be wishful thinking

-------

impeding doom does fuck up my chalice/meta timing, it can vary as much as 15 seconds to almost 1 minute

-------

someone mentioned "reforge saver" i really liked it.

-------
    Last edited by Morggane; 2011-09-23 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    The best way more or less is to sim your character, period.
    I for instance go for heavy mastery which for my ilvl (361) and i easily pull over 25k in zandalari hc's and i dont even got chalise yet.
    The build has insane burst yes, but you must keep in mind that all the procs and cd's, know when to pop meta without the chalise (yes it may be necessary in some cases).
    Its not an easy build to play cause it has a lot peaks and valleys and its not forgiving if you make an error.
    That been said do not hurry to judge your performances based on a few examples cause fight to fight things change.
    Demo as it is atm needs dedication to perform and thats what draws me back to the spec again.