Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Music] Lady Gaga's " Born this way"

Lady Gaga steps out of a translucent egg to perform her new song "Born This Way" at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles

Lady Gaga's " Born This Way " has become the fastest-selling single ever on Apple's iTunes store worldwide, racking up more than one million downloads in five days, Apple said on Friday.

Apple said the song -- a Madonna-influenced dance track that the 24 year-old singer performed after "hatching" from a giant egg at the Grammy Awards -- had hit the No. 1 spot on iTunes in 23 countries.

"Born This Way", the title track of a new album to be released in May, also went straight to the top of the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 singles charts earlier this week.

The flamboyant performance artist also revealed her secret for staying so thin, and how she gets her creative juices flowing.

"I am on the drunk diet," she told Sirius XM radio on Friday.

"I live my life as I want to, creatively. I like to drink whiskey and stuff while I am working. But the deal is I've got to work out every day, and I work out hung over if I am hung over. And it's about the cross-training and keeping yourself inspired. I have to say, I do a ton of yoga," she added.

The singer said in a television interview last weekend that she also smoked marijuana while writing her songs.

After headline-grabbing outfits, live performance stunts and a best-selling tour, Lady Gaga may be turning her thoughts to a possible new career -- in movies.

Asked if she saw herself becoming an actress, she told Sirius XM ; "I think at some point, yes. I think I'm sort of destined for that screen at some point."

But if there was a movie of her life, Lady Gaga said she would like to be played by Marisa Tomei -- the Oscar-winning actress from "My Cousin Vinny".

"I am such a Marisa Tomei fan. All my friends call me Marisa when I get angry. Because my New York accent just flies out of my body and I start smacking my gum," she said.it's written by 564213qq on 2.21

Deleted
    random thread is random

10+ Year Old Account
    whats this ... i dont even.. wh..

Lady Gaga's name is derived from the Queen hit song Radio Gaga. The irony is in the fact that Radio Gaga is about crap on the radio.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Music Subforum.
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2011-02-21 at 06:15 AM.

Do I dare say it? Cool.. Story..

Yeah, that's it. It was a cool story. Albiet very.. random?

10+ Year Old Account
    So much wasted talent in that girl.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    i <3 Lady GaGa and Born This Way is a freakin AWESOME song. I went to her concert on 27th of March 2010 and we sung happy Bday to her (28th is her Bday) and at the concert i found her as a role model (seriously) she blow me away and i love to see her as actress

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    she's smart. and rich.

TL;DR

Gaga makes songs people buy, drinks lots and wants to wuss out and become an actress

As much as I appreciate this kind of thread, it lacks something like "SO WAT DOES MMO THUNK OF TEH WHISKY DIET" or some shit

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    So wat does mmo thunk of teh whisky diet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    So wat does mmo thunk of teh whisky diet?
    Thanks for your highly constructive post, you're well on your way.

I'm a huge Gaga fan, and I love the new single (can't wait for the full album either). I bought that song on iTunes the day it was released, and I listen to it several times a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I'm a huge Gaga fan, and I love the new single (can't wait for the full album either). I bought that song on iTunes the day it was released, and I listen to it several times a day.
    Bought...? Someone wanna explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    Bought...? Someone wanna explain this?
    itunes is actually an acceptable way to buy music, about 90% of the money actually goes to the artist, the problem with cds / record stores in general is that less than 30% of the money goes to artists, the majority goes towards producers / advertisers / record companies.

I still dont understand her appeal.
    I find her nothing short of off putting.

But she is successful, so good for her.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    her music is good, only thing i dont like about her attention whoring. i still dont get why some ppl think her dressing style is to expres her creativity, since its pretty obvious its a marketing trick(wich succeeded with no doubt)

Quote Originally Posted by grimmx View Post
    her music is good, only thing i dont like about her attention whoring. i still dont get why some ppl think her dressing style is to expres her creativity, since its pretty obvious its a marketing trick(wich succeeded with no doubt)
    Her style is definitely a marketing ploy, that's for sure. Maybe her creativity is sewn in there too.

BUT, the girl has talent. She has a very good voice. She doesn't need to strut around in meat and travel in an egg to get noticed, but she does it all the same. Don't really care either way - I like her music and her, and that's all I care about.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2011-02-21 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Her style is definitely a marketing ploy, that's for sure. Maybe her creativity is sewn in there too.

BUT, the girl has talent. She has a very good voice. She doesn't need to strut around in meat and travel in an egg to get noticed, but she does it all the same. Don't really care either way - I like her music and her, and that's all I care about.
    audiotune gives anybody talent

Quote Originally Posted by posessor View Post
    audiotune gives anybody talent
    Just because she uses it doesn't mean she needs it, she has talent her voice is amazing she sounds even better live. Auto-tune barely has a presence in any of her songs except for star struck and a couple others but still, one of the best performers live she goes ALL out. Legend.