Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret or Holy for 3s in Season 10?

I can't really decide what will be best in Season 10 arenas. Ret or Holy?

From a personal standpoint, I've always played Ret in pvp and pve since TBC and have gotten at least 2k rating every season.

From a practical standpoint, Holy would allow me greater flexibility with team composition, and the major problem I've found with getting a good 3s team together on my server the past three month I've been here is the lack of any resto shamans or disc priests which are almost a must on a 3s team as ret.

get a warrior and another plate dps, roll holy, insta 2.2k via tsg.

holy

Neither. Don't stress yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    get a warrior and another plate dps, roll holy, insta 2.2k via tsg.

holy
    instant 2.2? You can get 2200 easy as any comp if you're good

Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    instant 2.2? You can get 2200 easy as any comp if you're good
    That's not my point. I'm saying holy shines in TSG and it would be the best bet for him.

Holy will be seen as "OP" the first few weeks (if not week) of 4.2 and will be nerfed to a bit better than its current state. With that being said, if you can find a team that can live through the cc chains you will have to eat, you will be a decent healer and your utility will make your team very useful.

Ret will be receiving a buff to bring it's off and self healing down to a 10 second cooldown. A big, much needed, but band-aid, fix. Our burst will still be there, with our signature weakness to being kited and dispelled. A proper team setup can use our burst and become quite powerful.

Frankly, it's whatever you want to do. They are both in the relative same spot come next season.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh You should play the spec that u find more fun and enjoyable..

If you're gonna run TSG, go Holy because it's the only comp Holy Paladins are truly viable in.
    If you're gonna run something else, go Ret.
    Personally, my Shaman is level 72.

Holy will be good next season, tsg will be terrible next patch.

holy/arms/elemental will be good

TSG is gonna suck bad. But i would go ret if you like PEW PEW stop him as wings can no longer be dispelled I THINK do not quote me on that. But i would run Holy/feral/lock.

Ret is going to back to its hybrid days a little bit. While holy is going to have some sick utility putting it back into the brackets. I guess it all depends on your preference, but personally I feel as though paladins are making their comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingslol View Post
    Ret is going to back to its hybrid days a little bit. While holy is going to have some sick utility putting it back into the brackets. I guess it all depends on your preference, but personally I feel as though paladins are making their comeback.
    I wish they would lower Sacred Shield to a 45 second ICD. Ah well.

I'll be going Ret personally. Last Word build: 85%+ crit chance on Word of Glorys below 35% health with 200% healing done on a crit, yes please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    TSG is gonna suck bad. But i would go ret if you like PEW PEW stop him as wings can no longer be dispelled I THINK do not quote me on that. But i would run Holy/feral/lock.
    Wings can be dispeled.

Wings can be dispeled.

Wings can be dispeled.

Please stop the misinformation. It was a bug on the PTR.

Arms got the nerfstick over the head, so I'm not exactly sure where TSG will end up. The nerfs are in the final PTR build that is going to go live in a couple weeks. And yes, holy only works that well in TSG, and if TSG goes down into the dumpster, holy goes down too.

Ret will still be semi-viable in the same comps it was in 4.0.6, just weaker due to the cd on WoG. Frot-Ret-Disc will probably still remain at least semi-decent. Just gotta line up your kills very carefully and use PS on AW.

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I wish they would lower Sacred Shield to a 45 second ICD. Ah well.

I'll be going Ret personally. Last Word build: 85%+ crit chance on Word of Glorys below 35% health with 200% healing done on a crit, yes please.
    I'm doubtful as to how effective that build will be, Reith.

The 200% crit modifier gives not more than 5k-6k more healing on a WoG crit, depending on gear and cooldowns like AW ofc.

With our current survival problems all we can hope for from that change is sometimes surviving a badly set up kill on ourselves. A good one will either lock us down so we're unable to heal, or just burn through the additional 5-6k (let's even say 7-9k in s10 gear) anyway.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-06-12 at 01:44 AM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    Resto shaman

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    I'm doubtful as to how effective that build will be, Reith.

The 200% crit modifier gives not more than 5k-6k more healing on a WoG crit, depending on gear and cooldowns like AW ofc.
    I get almost 15k average Word of Glorys on myself with spell sword/board and no buffs, no glyphs, no talents of any kind that help base healing at all. That's an extra 7.4k (average) on a crit right there, baseline - so it's not that bad. Factoring in the Word of Glory glyph, perhaps the Seal of Insight glyph, it's possible to get 2/3 in Divinity as well so it can add up if you're going to make survival in a pinch your top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramian View Post
    Tbh You should play the spec that u find more fun and enjoyable..
    You can't if you want to compete at top notch. Arena is always about FotM, just as progression raiders play the best spec, not which one they find most fun. You should be able to play what you want, but since it isn't balanced well, you can't. It's give and take.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get almost 15k average Word of Glorys on myself with spell sword/board and no buffs, no glyphs, no talents of any kind that help base healing at all. That's an extra 7.4k (average) on a crit right there, baseline - so it's not that bad. Factoring in the Word of Glory glyph, perhaps the Seal of Insight glyph, it's possible to get 2/3 in Divinity as well so it can add up if you're going to make survival in a pinch your top priority.
    Still doubtful as to sacrificing Improved HoJ and investing points into PotI and JotP, which are pretty sub-par for us in pvp.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Still doubtful as to sacrificing Improved HoJ and investing points into PotI and JotP, which are pretty sub-par for us in pvp.
    It probably won't be enough, but at least it'll be better. The 10 second cooldown on Word of Glory will get Retribution Paladins playing when the season starts off, then they can hopefully get more samples and get a better idea of how good they actually are against alternative melee classes, then make more changes, I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably won't be enough, but at least it'll be better. The 10 second cooldown on Word of Glory will get Retribution Paladins playing when the season starts off, then they can hopefully get more samples and get a better idea of how good they actually are against alternative melee classes, then make more changes, I hope.
    I really don't expect much of a change tbh.

I currently feel like I'm made of paper against most melee classes. And if there's somebody smart enough to dispel AW, I'm just plain useless, since I don't have a pocket disc priest to cast PS on me.

Deleted
    Should play the specc you're best at / enjoying the most to be honest. No point playing lets say Holy if you don't enjoy it.