35 days till....

Final Fantasy XIV Onlines 1 year failure anniversary. So sad in the end.

A year is longer than some MMOs have lasted, so not a complete failure :P.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

1 year and it didn't improve at all Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    A year is longer than some MMOs have lasted, so not a complete failure :P.
    You do have a point sir. However, I think the only other video game related failure on this scale has to be the original Xbox. We'll just have to see if Square can do the same thing Microsoft did and just keep throwing money at the problem.

I really don't think they'll ever recover it. They really should just cut their losses. The game would really need to be redesigned from the ground up.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Well I'd consider FFXI a similar failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Well, that's a hit and a miss. As Rift has shown, you don't have to have WoW numbers to make money. However, the reality is that it's hard to consider something a "success" when you're talking about 1-2million accounts when WoW keeps shoving down "HEY YOU GUYS! We've got 12 million" Yet, they never actually explain how many of those aren't full subscriptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Ya but I dont think FFXI had the lead designer leave the project due to its failure, plus you still have to pay monthly for FFXI where as 14 hasnt even charged its subscribers in almost a year. Kudos to them though for not trying to rip off their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Ya but I dont think FFXI had the lead designer leave the project due to its failure, plus you still have to pay monthly for FFXI where as 14 hasnt even charged its subscribers in almost a year. Kudos to them though for not trying to rip off their customers.
    I keep finding this funny. I've poked on the FFXIV forums here and there, and they are the most delusional bunch I've ever seen. However, if you read at least 20 posts you'll see several comments of how if they started charging fees, they would pretty much all quit.

It's also funny that Square isn't listening to the non Japanese market at all currently. Gotta lover national arrogance.

I've lost faith in Square a loooong looooooooong time ago. Nothing has changed.