Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wipe off the map !

POST ON THE SUBJECT OR DON'T POST
    SUBJECT: MEDIA MANIPUALTION OF THE IRANIAN PRESIDENT'S SPEECH

OK at the risk off repeating what a lot of people have allready said on this forum, I'd like to post these video to just shut the debate once and for all.

Because this false/edited/misstranslated citation is coming far too often in the debate and has been reapeated exagerated and amplified by every mass media channel in the world from Al'Jezzerah to CNN.

How and why all the journalist in the world are constantly spreading a false information? It's not only a false information, it's an information that has succesfully shaped the public oppinion thinking that a whole country aim is to wipe another country of the map.

I personaly consider this as propaganda, I cannot believe so much journalists are stupid enough not to look further and do what they are told is first year of journalist, the video can be found evrywhere and any simple translator can do the job for 50 bucks.

@ mod: I know this could be merge with the other Iran thread but I think it deserves a topic as the subject is manipulation.
    Last edited by Rork; 2012-02-02 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread going to be good. I have some popcorn in the microwave and everything.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good propaganda for both sides, that's why.

People who hate Israel hear that and go "Woohoo! Let's wipe out Israel! Allah ahu ackbar!"
    People who hate people who hate Israel hear that and go "Screw them terrorists! USA! USA! USA!"
    Amedhinajhad's stance on it is along the lines of "I might have said that. I say a lot of things."

So why does every reporter on earth propagate that message? Because everyone likes to hear it.

While I personally do believe that the State of Israel was (and still is) a huge mistake, I don't believe that anyone would be stupid enough to promote genocide, especially not of a nation that is closely allied to the one breathing down your neck.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ahmedinijad shared my opinion of the State of Israel being an evil concoction, though we would most definitely not agree on the reasons why as I also believe that any theocracy, or form of state that views a divine (non-existent) being as the highest authority should be banned outright and destroyed (not its people, mind; just the form of government). That means that the current workings of Iran are, in my eyes, also quite evil.
    The biggest problem with the State of Israel is the violence that is perpetrated in the name of religious entitlement, and the unwillingness (from both sides) to negotiate, or stick to negotiations.

But yeah; I do believe Ahmedinijad was mis-translated for political purposes. I don't believe for a second that he was stupid enough to promote genocide; history paints quite an intelligible picture of what happens to people who like genocide. That doesn't mean that the man is not an evil bastard, of course.

Withouth watching the videos, Ahmedinijad is a politician. Politicians say what their support base wants to hear to stay employed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It's good propaganda for both sides, that's why.

People who hate Israel hear that and go "Woohoo! Let's wipe out Israel! Allah ahu ackbar!"
    People who hate people who hate Israel hear that and go "Screw them terrorists! USA! USA! USA!"
    Amedhinajhad's stance on it is along the lines of "I might have said that. I say a lot of things."

So why does every reporter on earth propagate that message? Because everyone likes to hear it.
    I really don't see how this can be good for Iran and in genral for the arab world, being depicted has warmonger barbarian cannot be good for anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    I really don't see how this can be good for Iran and in genral for the arab world, being depicted has warmonger barbarian cannot be good for anyone.
    They have to appear to be tough guys to keep their populations under control. If they look weak for even a moment, somebody more ambitious will put them up against the wall.

Just hearing anyone say "They should be whiped off the map" about anyone make's my stomach turn. Sorry to say it, but I'm not one for any type of hatred. Regardless of how a place is looked upon, there are still innocent people among them.

They have to appear to be tough guys to keep their populations under control. If they look weak for even a moment, somebody more ambitious will put them up against the wall.
    Dude this may apply for the US but don't make a generality out of this, vast majority of people wants their leaders to be peacefull and diplomatic, I think that only in the US and probably russia, being seen has a soldier is a good think for a leader.

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeltrSkeltr View Post
    Just hearing anyone say "They should be whiped off the map" about anyone make's my stomach turn. Sorry to say it, but I'm not one for any type of hatred. Regardless of how a place is looked upon, there are still innocent people among them.
    Dude have you watched the video ?? you'r totaly out of context.
    Last edited by Rork; 2012-02-02 at 10:50 AM.

Honestly, no. Like I said I just can't really stomach stuff like that. My apologies if my first comment was pointless. I figured the video was just a bunch of genocide talk. And I am hoping I wont be flamed for the first comment.

Honestly, no. Like I said I just can't really stomach stuff like that. My apologies if my first comment was pointless. I figured the video was just a bunch of genocide talk. And I am hoping I wont be flamed for the first comment.
    Well you don't have to be flamed you just posting on a thread without reading anything about it so you'r totaly out of context and your post is pointeless ...

Advise: read the thread, watch the videos, then post

Deleted
    The Soviet Union was also wiped off the map. The state simply fell apart, there was no genocide involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    Dude this may apply for the US but don't make a generality out of this, vast majority of people wants their leaders to be peacefull and diplomatic, I think that only in the US and probably russia, being seen has a soldier is a good think for a leader.
    You're new to middle eastern politics, I assume? That's alright, it's easy to learn, because there is only one rule: The guy with the most guns and the biggest mouth is in charge.

It also helps if you remember that all of their elections are rigged.

But I have to ask: when was the last time an American politician was overthrown and executed? You seem to be claiming that it's a common thing.

You're new to middle eastern politics, I assume? That's alright, it's easy to learn, because there is only one rule: The guy with the most guns and the biggest mouth is in charge.

But I have to ask: when was the last time an American politician was overthrown and executed? You seem to be claiming that it's a common thing.
    You seem to confuse foreign and internal policies, but I'm not here to be the smart ass of the thread, and especialy don't want this to derail on another subject.

My knowledge of the middle east is far from perfect but I'm trying to stay objective, this is a thing that you don't show in your response, you make generalities of all the arab regimes, but you should know that (with your amazing knowledge of the subject) that every cases are different and that a good knowledge of history (at least the last 100 years) is necessary to understand why and how the actual leaders are in places.

I don't want to go into details because I'd like to keep the thread on the rail, I don't want to debate with you on this subject either because your quite condescendant and have a biased view of the Arab world in general.

If you want a response to when was the last american politician was overthrown .... don't have to go farther than previous year when Muhammad Hosni El Sayed Mubarak president of Egypt was overthrown by egyptian peolpe.

10+ Year Old Account

Kalyyn you're from the United Sates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Kalyyn you're from the United Sates.
    Interesting observation. I'll try to remember that.

Deleted
    Because journalists don't care enough about objective opinion and have become slack since they need to fill time/columns with their own unsubstantiated opinions? Unless they're tied to some news agency with a "in-yer-face" or even "down-yer-throat" agenda of course.

Maybe Media manipulation of the iranian president's speech is true but who cares about what the leader says when this is what his people want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoVu...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Matok View Post
    Maybe Media manipulation of the iranian president's speech is true but who cares about what the leader says when this is what his people want.

a lovely country full of rational, educated people. /sarcasm
    RIP Steve Jobs. a great man who gave the world great products.

Quote Originally Posted by Matok View Post

Looks like a lovely country to go hiking in

OT: It's just western propaganda of the Iranian regime that's all.