Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baturi View Post
    It wont be a step back whit the MoP talent system. the have to bring summ olde talents thay remooved, shift and revamp curent ones.
    Its not as simple as add a few talents -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I know its not that simple, but what i ment is that thay alredy had a few talents, spels and data about it. Its not like thay are starting from scrach.

Deleted
    Well in WotLK enh shammies could actually tank even marrowgwar and lady deathwhisper (there are videos on youtube), so there is no reason why they should not get tanking role in other expansions, thing is shammies are too deep binded into casters,so it woudl require absollute revamp of scaling,stats,gear sharing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naitroxxx View Post
    Well in WotLK enh shammies could actually tank even marrowgwar and lady deathwhisper (there are videos on youtube), so there is no reason why they should not get tanking role in other expansions, thing is shammies are too deep binded into casters,so it woudl require absollute revamp of scaling,stats,gear sharing..
    That is true, but blizz was talking about leting monks heal in mele why cant shaman tank ass demi caster like it is now?
    Thay coold always tank, but not bosses. Ther is one exception that i know is a freand of mine used to tank ony in vanila as enh shammy.

In Vanilla Warriors were The TANK class, they were the only ones who could tank end game unless the raid out geared the content. Druids, paladins and shamans could easily tank the low level 5 mans tough it was really rare to see paladins and shamans to tank because people didn't think they were capable. But druids were.

in TBC they buffed druids and paladin tanking ability but not shamans. And probably moved away from the idea of shaman tanking

Gimmicks are gimmkicks.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Marrowgar all you had to do was split damage. As far as I can remember there was no tank swap mechanicism, it was a pure how much hp do your off tanks have, arrangement. Having a Shaman tank that is not really a feat one way or the other. Similar to Deathwhisper, I can recall multiple occasions where I "tanked it". I stole threat and tanks couldnt get it back. She hit like a wet noodle on normal and as soon as that bubble went down it was just kill it who cares who tanks.

We already have an abundance of tanking specs in the game. Instead of making an entire class overhaul to fit a niche tank spec that a very minor part of the community who has rose colored glasses of Vanilla two hand windfurylololol and tanking, they should focus on our existing specs and other tanks. I really dont understand the people who want us to tank. Play as an Enhance Shaman this expansion. It was brutal. We were rollercoastered around for a year, between quick fixes to our spell power issue that didnt work and devs telling us not to use SP weapons, then telling us to, then telling us not to, to our shit aoe, to the interupt bitch monicker in the first tier.

Adding a tanking spec essentially takes us back to the roller coaster phase, we will need to be rebalanced and it wont just affect Enhance. If any of our spells are shared, it means we go back a step. This class does not need to take another step backwards.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2012-03-11 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Because Marrowgar all you had to do was split damage. As far as I can remember there was no tank swap mechanicism, it was a pure how much hp do your off tanks have, arrangement. Having a Shaman tank that is not really a feat one way or the other. Similar to Deathwhisper, I can recall multiple occasions where I "tanked it". I stole threat and tanks couldnt get it back. She hit like a wet noodle on normal and as soon as that bubble went down it was just kill it who cares who tanks.

We already have an abundance of tanking specs in the game. Instead of making an entire class overhaul to fit a niche tank spec that a very minor part of the community who has rose colored glasses of Vanilla two hand windfurylololol and tanking, they should focus on our existing specs and other tanks. I really dont understand the people who want us to tank. Play as an Enhance Shaman this expansion. It was brutal. We were rollercoastered around for a year, between quick fixes to our spell power issue that didnt work and devs telling us not to use SP weapons, then telling us to, then telling us not to, to our shit aoe, to the interupt bitch monicker in the first tier.

Adding a tanking spec essentially takes us back to the roller coaster phase, we will need to be rebalanced and it wont just affect Enhance. If any of our spells are shared, it means we go back a step. This class does not need to take another step backwards.
    I agree. With MoP on the horizon, I want Blizzard completely focused on getting the class back together, not wasting time trying to turn Shaman into a tank.

Deleted
    I Just don't belive shamans could keep threat up, only becouse Of expertise and spell hit cap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I agree. With MoP on the horizon, I want Blizzard completely focused on getting the class back together, not wasting time trying to turn Shaman into a tank.
    This is the main reason why iam a against shaman tanking. Sort out the specs already there before messing about with a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrmidiot View Post
    I Just don't belive shamans could keep threat up, only becouse Of expertise and spell hit cap
    That is not an ishuw. if thay become tanks thay wil also get the thret buff when in ther tanking stans, form or what ever just like all other tanks. And wil also get the vengens, armor and all other tanking spesifick abilitys. its not like thay wil tank like thay are now.

Deleted
    I remeber way way way in the past there was some talking about doing it but it never got done. and sadly i dont think we ever will see it but it could be a good idea if you ask me

Gear wise they can just use agi gear like enh already just like feral druids dont use tank gear either they also use the DPS gear

Spec agien looking at feral druids they can add a 4th spec

I realy think it would be good if they did it. everything helps a little to get new and more tanks so dungeon ques and so on not are so long :P

Remaking DPS tree into a pure tanking tree is a horribly bad idea. It's an instant ragequit from a lot of people who play Enh and like it.
    PreMOP!feral hybridisation is also a no. They aren't idiots. They have specifically changed the system just to get rid of feral hybridisation, they won't make a new hybrid tree.
    A fourth tree is a possibility, but they aren't doing it any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Its a dream of mine, that when Rockbiter gets removed. These topics stop. But like Shaman tanking, a dream that will go unfulfilled.
    Alas, they will not.
    They existed before Rockbiter did.
    They will exist after it's gone.
    What's worse, it will now forever burn in their memories, like a martyr guiding the cause.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrmidiot View Post
    All other tanks are doing it somehow with zero of those stats, no?

No, not going to happen, has been discussed a million times before. Just no.

10+ Year Old Account
    just acsept it ther are a lot of ppl out there shamans and non shamans that woold like to see it, we know its not going to be a smoothe ride and we know that bliz can do it if only thay listen to the thons of fans screeming fore it sinds vanila.

˂-----
    Last edited by baturi; 2012-03-12 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Only a small proportion of players want it and there would be massive logistical issues in balancing lots of tanking talents within an existing tree. Additionally having an additional class capable of tanking has never ever meant that there are more tanks overall. It just doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Lots of threads about this before, but they are removing Rockbiter in MoP, which was the main thing leading to a possible tank spec. It most likely wont happen, even if it sounds cool.
    What? so I can't pull the spiders down anymore for my own thread up on the Beth encounter? poo =(

They could do it with the 4th spec yes. But I don't think it's necessary. They're adding another tanking spec, they will have their hands full balancing them out throughout this expansion and the next.

Can some mod change the title into enhancement (in stead of enhansment)
    Every time I read it, some little kitten dies.

[User was infracted for this post]

Complaining about other user's grammar and spelling is not allowed. Post constructively or not at all.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-03-12 at 05:16 PM.

Shaman tanking was only a byproduct of the Horde faction requiring a mirror to Alliance Paladin tanks, which were also terrible. There were a few extreme cases of shaman being an adequate choice in UBRS-15 and SCHOLO-10 But it all but died out in TBC. However, as gear became hyper stat inflated, it was possible again in late WOLTK for shaman to reach a moderately decent level of defense stats through gems/jewelry and PVP gear (remember back then resilience granted melee defense in the form of reduced crit damage, and was in a lot of cases BIS for druids for the same reasons, better itemization coupled with resilience not being a wasted stat.)

Much like anything from the wayback Vanilla time, Shaman tanking will never* resurface.

[User was infracted for this post]

Wishing death on developers is not cool. Ever.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-03-12 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baturi View Post
    just acsept it ther are a lot of ppl out there shamans and non shamans that woold like to see it, we know its not going to be a smoothe ride and we know that bliz can do it if only thay listen to the thons of fans screeming fore it sinds vanila.

˂-----
    Hey, no one was a bigger advocate of Shaman Tanking than me. However, with the upcoming expansion, I'm much more concerned about the current specs getting worked out. We have too many issues to be worrying about tanking right now. I get really upset when I read the official forums and Shaman players demanding a tank spec instead of fixing our current issues, and making sure we're competitive against other classes.

Again, if you're looking for an agility tank in the next expansion that can use 2H or DW, go Monk.