Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gamebreakertv is really the only one I follow, and just for gaming news. I do enjoy many of TBs videos as well, though I don't follow him. I occasionally tune into Yogscast, but they have really been grating my nerves lately. Other than that, nothing. Within 20secs of any worthwhile GW2 news being released, someone will post it on this forum.

I would say TotalBuiscuit, but he has pretty much stopped doing GW2 videos because of the rabid fans annoying the crap out of him, so I don't think he qualifies anymore. My second choice is Dontain. He is pretty awesome. His videos are entertaining and he is pretty well informed and his videos show that.

WoodenPotatoes and Dontain are the only two I really am subscribed to exclusively for GW2. TBs coverage is kind of meh to be honest. I expected a lot more.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 04:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    TB is British, hes allowed to be an asshole.

I like Dodger the best now. Shes hilarious. I like TB, too, but he hasn't had much stuff up for a while.
    Dodger did GW2 videos? :O

Link it please? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Raphyjj View Post
    One of the few youtubers I would wanna have a beer with
    Or have a beer and then crash into a gate and trust him to drive your drunk ass home.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Or have a beer and then crash into a gate and trust him to drive your drunk ass home.
    Literally just about to say something to that effect.

Deleted
    Oh yeah! Forgot about MikeB, love him too!

Deleted
    Simon and Lewis! I even watched shadow of israphel even if I don't play minecraft

I like Mike B and TB aswell.

Nice thread, some youtube personalitys here that I haven't seen yet. Have to check out that WoodenPotatos guy

I like Bog Otter

Deleted
    I've only really watched TB do stuff. Then again, I follow him for a lot of game reviews, as (in my opinion) he gives them a pretty fair shot. I was under the impression that he'd stopped doing GW2 stuff because the betas were then opened to pre-purchasers, meaning that he'd be doing the same sort of videos as a hundred other people. Frankly, I'm glad he isn't focusing on it, so he can show us things that we don't have access to yet.

Yogscast... eh. They were good on SoI, but recently, their over-the-topness has gotten on my nerves a little. Cant remember which video it was, but they were talking normally, and Simon suddenly shrieked something really loudly. I was wearing headphones. Turned the video off, wasn't amused.

When I can, I'll have to have a look at others. I do follow Dodger somewhat, but mostly just Coffee Time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I was under the impression that he'd stopped doing GW2 stuff because the betas were then opened to pre-purchasers, meaning that he'd be doing the same sort of videos as a hundred other people.
    Well, he didn't really get a proper opportunity to play it. For the first press beta event, he was here in Sweden doing shoutcasting I believe, with no opportunity to play at all. His krewe recorded quite a lot, but it's difficult to pick out what looks to be relevant and try to guess-commentate on what's happening. I think he did a couple of vids, but people were bitching so much about things he guessed wrong that he just didn't upload the rest.

Much the same with the second press beta event, I'm pretty sure he was away for that as well, but I don't remember what for off the top of my head. Maybe it was to visit wife and kids in the US? At any rate I think he managed to play a little bit on a laptop, but not really a whole lot to make a video out of.

And then, of course, BWEs where everyone and their grandmother are making videos - so, like you said, I'm pretty sure he decided there's enough content without putting energy into it. Much like he said he'd never do Minecraft because everyone else is.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesse Cox, TotalBiscuit, Yogscast, Tales of Tyria and Gamebreaker.tv (if I'm allowed to expand it to "video content"). I like woodenpotatoes too, watched some of his videos but I haven't made it a ritual to watch them all as I'm not really interested in much of his content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike B and TB
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Regarding game stuff, I really like the yogscast. Even though they're content is not 100 correct most of the time, it's just plain funny.

Deleted
    Haven't seen a GW2 vid from TB in ages..
    Anyway, atm definitely Dontain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Haven't seen a GW2 vid from TB in ages..
    Anyway, atm definitely Dontain.
    This is just a guess based off of things said on TGS podcast, but likely wants nothing to do with GW2 fanboys for a while since Jesse got ripped a new one for his impressions video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    This is just a guess based off of things said on TGS podcast, but likely wants nothing to do with GW2 fanboys for a while since Jesse got ripped a new one for his impressions video.
    I didn't personally watch Jesse's video, but I was under the impression the backlash was because he was doing everything wrong, and going into the game with the mindset that he'd hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I didn't personally watch Jesse's video, but I was under the impression the backlash was because he was doing everything wrong, and going into the game with the mindset that he'd hate it.
    I didn't say that he was innocent. His opinion also seemed to be 'the quests were still quests, anet lied'. Well, the opinion of his friend who has been 'following' the game who he instantly agreed with.

Deleted
    See, that to me is unprofessional. If you're a commentator who has a lot of viewers, you have a duty to make sure everything you put out is researched and accurate. Shouldn't take someone else's opinion.

As for "quests are still quests"... yeah, they are. What else do you want in an MMO? Fact is, ANet have done their questing system much better than many others I've seen, and it's different enough that it's refreshing. I don't always want brand-new, novel systems. Just a freshening-up of what I'm used to is nice.

Deleted
    OMFGCata(Jesse Cox), TotalBiscuit, PewDiePie, Captainsparklez, Yogscast.

Edit: forgot Wowcrendor and Myndflame :3

TheAuzzieGamer, and jesse cox