Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Public debt /= size of economy.

How hard is it to grasp the best players in the world for mlb/nba/nfl/nhl play in US leagues. That doesn't mean American athletes are the best dumbies, but that the league recruits the best. I am not even saying all the greats play in US, just the majority do because US teams pay the most. Seriously you people are ridiculous just be honest with yourselves for once.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Because in most cases, the American leagues are the highest level of competition for that particular sport. In the case of Football, Baseball, Basketball and I assume Hockey as well. It's not like Soccer, where different leagues throughout the World are on a pretty even playing field for the most part.

It's still probably not the proper way to term it however.
    Soccer? Whats that? :P

And actually to be honest, the Euro is by far the strongest football league on planet earth. If you win it, you might just as well consider yourself some kind of world champion. Just look at Spain. Who the fuck can challenge them? Nobody.

I guess the same goes for American Football. The US league is the one that has the strongest teams and thus if you win it, you might consider yourself world champion since there is no better team elsewhere in the world.

Can't argue against that NFL got the best players for that sport, but NHL got a lot of non-canadians and americans in it (e.g swedes).
    In my opinion, you can't really call the team that wins NHL the "world champs" since there are many other good hockey teams out there.
    For me, you can only become a world champion when competing solo in like the Olympics or World championships or together as a team representing a country, not a national club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Soccer? Whats that? :P

And actually to be honest, the Euro is by far the strongest football league on planet earth. If you win it, you might just as well consider yourself some kind of world champion. Just look at Spain. Who the fuck can challenge them? Nobody.
    You already forgot Brazil? It's a primitive sport for primitive people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football

aka. Sucker (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Allefrans View Post
    Can't argue against that NFL got the best players for that sport, but NHL got a lot of non-canadians and americans in it (e.g swedes).
    In my opinion, you can't really call the team that wins NHL the "world champs" since there are many other good hockey teams out there.
    For me, you can only become a world champion when competing solo in like the Olympics or World championships or together as a team representing a country, not a national club.
    The point is that the best players are in the league not that the best players are north american. The best team in the world could be all Swedes who play in the US and America would still have the world champion team in their league thus world champs.....,............................

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by epic fap View Post
    You already forgot Brazil? It's a primitive sport for primitive people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football

aka. Sucker (LOL)
    Eh, Spain won the last world cup and about to win Olympics, so his statement works.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I hadn't been to over 16 different countries, I'd have guessed there's nothing else to do in other countries besides think about America. What exactly is your fascination with us anyways? If we bitched about other countries half as much as some of you, we'd never get anything done. Seriously, move on with your lives, there's got to be something better to do with your time than pick apart every aspect of our culture. Even threads about ghosts have more merit than this.

It's all marketing. What sounds better, world champion or US champion. The fact it is even discussed here is already a win for the people comming up with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gb4200 View Post
    Eh, Spain won the last world cup and about to win Olympics, so his statement works.
    Just look at Spain. Who the fuck can challenge them? Nobody.
    Every country can challenge them no matter how many world champions they've got. Maybe they won EURO now, gz to them, but it's been 2 years from last World Cup and they weren't even against Brazil.

This makes me want to watch a baseball game with whichever MLB team wins the "World" Series this year against any team that can be put against it.

I think maybe only the Dominican Republic would have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    This makes me want to watch a baseball game with whichever MLB team wins the "World" Series this year against any team that can be put against it.

I think maybe only the Dominican Republic would have a chance.
    Actually, there is a baseball world championship. The current world champion is actually the Netherlands .

Though I doubt they would be able to beat any major league team haha. But then, I think Spain would lose to Real Madrid as well (if that was humanly possible).

15+ Year Old Account
    Post 243
    Europe is not the strongest league by any stretch of the imagination, that would be south-America without a doubt. And Spain has only won once, whereas Brazil has won 5 times, Italy 4, Germany 3 and Argentina 2.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Actually, there is a baseball world championship. The current world champion is actually the Netherlands .
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think MLB players are forbidden from participating in those games. (Don't take me as being Americanist or whatever... my favorite team has players from Australia, Germany, and many other countries... and the color commentator on their broadcasts is a guy from a Dutch immigrant family).

I just mentioned Dominican Republic because 11% of players on opening day rosters this year were from that country.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2012-07-04 at 08:54 AM.

Because they are big egotards.

They are like the big bully at school who no one really likes but everyone pretends to like, but when they mess up everyone will have 0 sympathy. It is what happened to every empire and it will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by epic fap View Post
    Every country can challenge them no matter how many world champions they've got. Maybe they won EURO now, gz to them, but it's been 2 years from last World Cup and they weren't even against Brazil.
    I don't see how them not facing Brazil goes towards Brazil being the better team, you realize the point is to advance not get knocked out in quarterfinals. Olympics coming up soon we shall see soon enough, and if you doubt their greatness after that you are in denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple, for them world consists of only U.S.A.

Yawn... yet another thread overflowing with American egotism.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post

Though I doubt they would be able to beat any major league team haha. But then, I think Spain would lose to Real Madrid as well (if that was humanly possible).
    With a GK like Casillas on both sides it would likely end up a draw heh.

Quote Originally Posted by gb4200 View Post
    With a GK like Casillas on both sides it would likely end up a draw heh.
    pff. We call them "catchers" or "backstops" (since you're replying to a post about baseball...)

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think MLB players are forbidden from participating in those games. (Don't take me as being Americanist or whatever... my favorite team has players from Australia, Germany, and many other countries... and the color commentator on their broadcasts is a guy from a Dutch immigrant family).

I just mentioned Dominican Republic because 11% of players on opening day rosters this year were from that country.
    I am not sure about the rules. I know some players play at least in those A to AAA leagues and I think even some in the major league.
    It is kind of similar to ice hockey and basketball at the olympics before they allowed pro's. I know with football (soccer) at least that in the olympics the youth teams up to 21 play along with 2 or 3 dispensation/exemption players.