Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    DayZ BWE3. I liked it. Survived to the end and won with zero deaths.

It was quite boring doing nothing but popping robots in the end though. Hopefully they'll feature this minigame as some sort of a competitive event within game but significantly nerf ration spawns so it's not easymode to survive if you had any experience with survival games. As it was, camping the marsh with plentiful ration spawns and a weapon station with supplies of explosive rations nearby allowed me to never die while netting a lot of kills on hungry newbies rushing for rations and getting shot in the back from stealth after it blows in their hands.
    A lot lower ration spawn, but higher rate of restore (assuming you can have the full 5-seconds of it). Have the Hunger effect turn into a curve. Make it tick a lot slower to start out, and move into gradually up to its pace on live +20% or so, with eating resetting the rate of decay.

Still won't get you to survive bullets, but I think that change would probably help a fair deal.

Edit: Also, putting the bots into the sky a bit, so they hover above the players' heads rather than be sources of collision would be nice.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-07-23 at 08:05 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only surviving Blue player on Borlis Pass.
    Ended up having over 100 robot followers, which in turn made it harder to kill other players.
    Ended up living with ~50 health as the prize boxes appeared and my abilities came back.

Great way to end the final Beta Weekend; see you 8/25.
    [P] [85:Manintty-Sha]: like your pretty much a tank god

I used to be good at this game
    Washed up Top 20 US player

If this was a server event that happened hourly on the server and could happen in any zone, I would probably play it a lot more than the actualy SPvP. I had a lot of fun, just wish I had went for rations rather than playing with robots and eventually getting myself killed. I think I was one of the last 8 people on my team (Gold team - Gunnar's Hold EU).

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a lot of fun personally, though I do agree a smaller map would have made it even better. Still being a beta finale and having to host 200 players per match it was a good fast map choice.

I hope Anet noticed (or got some feedback at the last moment, other than mine) how badly the Boxes of Fun and Illusion/Transformation potions could ruin future events they make with similar mechanics and fix it for the future

Deleted
    What I don't get is how some people have the audacity to complain about something that they didn't HAVE to do. It's fun, you don't have to participate in it, and it brings the community together as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    A lot lower ration spawn, but higher rate of restore (assuming you can have the full 5-seconds of it). Have the Hunger effect turn into a curve. Make it tick a lot slower to start out, and move into gradually up to its pace on live +20% or so, with eating resetting the rate of decay.

Still won't get you to survive bullets, but I think that change would probably help a fair deal.

Edit: Also, putting the bots into the sky a bit, so they hover above the players' heads rather than be sources of collision would be nice.
    I had a funny moment when encountering enemy mass robots and not realising that robots' shield was reflective unlike player shield. I did a standard "stealth > jump steal > unload auto fire" only to find myself with less then half health all of the sudden. Ouch.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed it. I was the last green to die :*(. Wasn't fair all the dead ppl protected the guy that killed me lol. I found a fort that had rations spawning in it every so othen and lived in it killing all who came in. Only left it cause rations stopped spawning was losing my 10 stack 10 was the limit so i was worried about starving when i got to around 5 w/o finding anymore inside. I hope they bring it into the live game it was hella fun.

I was also in skype with afew people that were in it with me. We weren't all on same team.

I thought it was awesome lol a bit random sure but all good fun, and btw you guys didn't HAVE to do the event if you didn't like it.. sigh.

Definitely not what I expected, I was imagining a bunch of people standing around each other with a bunch of lag.

It is not like the event was on launch. It was a beta event that they had NO obligation to do. How can people even say that killing MOA's in the snow was far better? I mean I had fun on that one, kept me busy, made me laugh but really felt much more like a stress test than an "event".

While the event of Hunger Royale could be better for some reasons, it was still very much awesome. People complaining were the ones that 1 - didn't understand what to do, nor the references. 2 - Spent all ammo and ration without thinking, 3 - Got there late and didn't understand the game, 4 - Game was too difficult.

To be very honest, the game could use a few tweaks (as I hope it will provided it is on launch). Like a better tutorial, a little lesser map, and more effective rations.

But in the beta itself the only problem was that the learning curve was too difficult to achieve in 20mins. The event could have gone for 2 hours and then people would probably stop complaining.

I thought it was a ton of fun. I died early on which was a bummer (and blue was also the first team out). But overall, it was an amazing end to a great weekend.

Deleted
    While you were all starving and killing each other for food, I had a raspberry pie with vanilla sauce.

Omnomnomnom.

Nom.

Bitches be 'mirin.

DEAL WITH IT

Last edited by Fencers; 2012-07-23 at 06:23 PM.

I thought it was pretty fun. Obviously there are things that could have been better (not allowing the little robots to block shots for one, something to discourage turtling like giving a small health regen when you damaged a target), but overall I thought it was a pretty neat example of a world event.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I said it was a cool idea....and would have been much better had Anet thought it through a bit better. But that doesn't change the fact that the event AS IT WAS was pretty terrible. Yeah, some people had fun, true.....but the mass general consensus on my server was that it was stupid and most people got bored super fast. So I still stand by my opinion.

And yes I did it all. I zerged with some people. I ran off on my own at times to do lone ranger stuff. I grouped up with just 2 or 3 people to do small tactical team stuff. Etc, etc, etc. Was still pretty damn boring and retarded because of the various factors Anet seemed to ignore or not take into consideration. If they keep this event around for launch, I hope they do a MAJOR REVAMP of the whole thing. Otherwise it will still be terrible then too.
    So you still stand by your opinion because OTHER People on your server didn't have that much fun? Hmm...

Would've been fun if it was in a smaller area and the robots were less obnoxious.

But hey we won... nothing. It just ended...

map was perfect, rules were perfect. Just needs some minor tweaking and it would be a worthy minigame for live.

Tweaks:
    Increase overall movement speed by 25%

Replace the exploding rations with a run speed boost (75%) that lasts 5 seconds.

Make one of the ammo shots a snare/slow.

Make it so people drop 3-5 random things when killed. People were wasting all their abilities if they were about to die which undermines the importance of kills.

In the last 5 minutes show people on the map, increase hunger damage, make it so players always drop rations when killed.

Make it so Robots have to go to "supply depots" to recharge their ammo/shield/radar stores. Allow a robot to sacrifice themself to create a ration for a teammate, doing this makes you unable to perform any action on your next respawn for 2 minutes.

Give players a close range knife slash attack that causes a cripple/bleed (20 second cooldown).
    Allow players to throw a dagger at an enemy. This means you lose your dagger, but the dagger does good damage and has a 1 second stun. If you kill the player you can recoved the knife from their body.

I am not sure these beta events will ever happen in live. I think they were just one-offs as a demonstration of what the devs can create using their DE and zoning systems.

Would be very surprised if Hunger Royale was some minigame down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am not sure these beta events will ever happen in live. I think they were just one-offs as a demonstration of what the devs can create using their DE and zoning systems.

Would be very surprised if Hunger Royale was some minigame down the line.
    Wouldn't suprise me with the amount of time that went into this. Both the BWE 2 and 3 events will probably make it into the game IN SOME FORM. Its just good business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Wouldn't suprise me with the amount of time that went into this. Both the BWE 2 and 3 events will probably make it into the game IN SOME FORM. Its just good business.
    Doubtful. I've never seen an end of beta event make it into live. I didn't see it due to the time, but that was my choice. I'm surprised to see people picking it apart. I would be glad to see something that might never be seen again, or to take a part of something shiny and new.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger