Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Virginity breh

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    At the swimming baths doing a lane swim I see people swimming the casual breast stroke in the fast lane, I daren't say anything because some people snap at this point.
    Im more interested about this. A swimming bath?! A fast lane in a pool? wtf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    You don't have fast lanes? We do, unless it is childrens hour then the big floating rope thing is removed.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTheShark View Post
    Real men don't swim we do steroids an lift weights get on my iLVL.....
    Real men would outrun your slow ass, then kick your teeth out because you are too tired to fight. The best fighters lift weights AND do cardio, and nothing beats swimming for building endurance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    I would presume english is not his first language and swimming baths mean "swimming pool". But the fast lane, that I cannot explain... I woud imagine a lane is a lane. If you're in that lane what you do in it and how fast you go is your prerogative.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I would presume english is not his first language and swimming baths mean "swimming pool". But the fast lane, that I cannot explain... I woud imagine a lane is a lane. If you're in that lane what you do in it and how fast you go is your prerogative.
    Actually, swimming baths is a popular term currently in use. It dates back to the time when poor people could not afford proper baths, and had to go to huge communal ones in the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be a British English thing, or arcahic to the American English dialect in that case.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

If their eye contact looks serious, it's because they are focused and listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Something I've noticed recently is that people within this age group have started acting like they're the only person in existence and that everything else must make way for them. Few examples:

Exercising in the park I see someone sprinting in the opposite direction, I automatically slow down and move to one side, he however continues his top speed run in a straight line right past, if I hadn't moved we would have collided for sure.

If you moved to the side so you won't collide why would he change what he was doing? The collision is already avoided, do you really think he wouldn't have moved if there was a need for him to?

Coming up to a door the girl in front opens the door the minimum amount possible just enough so she can squeeze her 6 inch wide body through ignoring the fact I am right behind and lets it slam shut. That just isn't normal.

I have to wonder how you identified this girls age first of all. Second why do you assume that she did that because of her age, Ive seen plenty of women in my country who were raised to be nasty if a man doesnt automatically rush to open a door for her.

Avoids eye contact at all costs, if eye contact does happen to be made it's often a serious look like they are ready for action or a fight.

I don't see how this shows them being impolite, especially in a world where eye contact could be met with a case of sexual harassment. Perhaps you've encountered people who are socially arkward or shy, perhaps they believe that making eye contact with strangers is rude and are trying to exhibit the exact opposite of what you assume they are.

At the swimming baths doing a lane swim I see people swimming the casual breast stroke in the fast lane, I daren't say anything because some people snap at this point.

I'm not entirely sure what this means, which I think is a pretty good example of others being ignorant to whatever code of conduct you're referring to.

So what's going on there?
    Responses in bold

Other points:

Even if it is the case that all your examples were done because of an individual being motivated by their age to be selfish, the sample size is extremely small and biased considering you've only given examples of bad experiences (I very highly doubt there has been on time where you've had a good experience with someone of that age group).

Another point of bias in your sample is that each of these are perceived age, it could be the case that you link all people with bad experiences to that age group even if they're older or younger or the opposite identifying the people of that age group with whom you've had good experiences as being older or younger then they actually are.

Finally it could just be a common factor of the generation, not due to age at all, for instance what if its a common trait of the generation which are now between those ages to be rude; thus having been rude when they were younger, and will likely continue to be so in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Actually real modern men swim, cycle and do cardio's. Nothing beats a supple slim-fit body where all the muscles are "functional" and in good proportion with the rest of the body. The rest just "beef it up" and have trouble even walking...
    Just took one generalisation and replaced it with another. Bravo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Must be a British English thing, or arcahic to the American English dialect in that case.
    Swimming pool is the more generic term I think, swimming baths conjures up a slightly different image, look at the difference in google images between the two terms. When we refer to going to a public indoor swimming pool where you pay they are generally called the local swimming baths, and in the plural to boot.

And don't get me going about doing laps verses lengths, what the hell is a lap of the pool? A circuit around the edge??

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Real men would outrun your slow ass, then kick your teeth out because you are too tired to fight. The best fighters lift weights AND do cardio, and nothing beats swimming for building endurance.
    All i see when i go to the gym anymore is guys on treadmills an Ellipticals....and yes granted they could outrun a large stronger dude but that's all they could do is run away....like when did it be cool to be a skinny fit dude then a strong powerful dude?

Deleted
    All i see when i go to the gym anymore is guys on treadmills an Ellipticals....and yes granted they could outrun a large stronger dude but that's all they could do is run away....like when did it be cool to be a skinny fit dude then a strong powerful dude?
    And when is running away the worse option? That's right, never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Misanthropy. Also because many people in the US have a nasty habit of walking too slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Who says fit means skinny? Cardio is much more important than muscle mass, this is proven and not up for debate. Someone that really cares about their health will do cardio AND muscle training, you certainly do not need to take steroids like you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Who says fit means skinny? Cardio is much more important than muscle mass, this is proven and not up for debate. Someone that really cares about their health will do cardio AND muscle training, you certainly do not need to take steroids like you suggested.
    That and swimming is (unless you're doing casual breaststroke) pretty tough on your upper body.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've realized that all they'll be doing for the rest of their lives is working for the man.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Why are 18 to 25s so grumpy and aggressive?
    Probably has to do with voting for Obama and then watching their futures disappear.

Infracted for trolling, please post constructively.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-03-26 at 07:23 PM.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Probably has to do with voting for Obama and then watching their futures disappear.
    Considering OP is from the UK, I doubt it.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if anyone has just come out and said this but; it's hormones.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Only one thing comes to mind.

The only thing that used to make me grumpy back when I was in that age group...

Lack of sex.