Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Haunting spirits

Are not 100% when disenchanting raid epics.

Not sure if everyone knew or not so I thought I'd share.
    I was under the impression they were, guess I suck at games.

My girlfriend sold one for 15k. Whatever their drop/disenchant chance, I know I want 'em.

Blood Spirits weren't 100% from T14 epics, wasn't expecting it to be any different this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Blood Spirits weren't 100% from T14 epics, wasn't expecting it to be any different this time around.
    I always got one when disenchanting gear inside the raid.

Really? I never not got a blood spirit from DEing loot from MSV/HoF/ToES.

We didn't have a problem with this last night. Remember it doesn't work on trash epics!

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    We didn't have a problem with this last night. Remember it doesn't work on trash epics!
    Very well might have been trash epic. However I opened a ticket and the response from the GM was that they weren't 100% drop.

"As it turns out, disenchants of the new gear are not guaranteed to always result in a Haunting Spirit.

I double-checked our records here to make sure nothing was amiss, and I see you did at least receive a Sha Crystal from your disenchantment. Yay \o/

I wish you the most excellent luck for catching Haunting Spirits in the future!!"
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Happy adventures, :]
    /wave

Regards,

Game Master Marrekwethir
    o==[]:::::::::::::::::::>
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They do crafted epics so awfully now. The ICC model was the best way to do them.

Make them a moderate drop chance from bosses in variable amounts depending on raid size. Make them cost VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    They do crafted epics so awfully now. The ICC model was the best way to do them.

Make them a moderate drop chance from bosses in variable amounts depending on raid size. Make them cost VP.
    Yeah I liked that much better. The way it is now nobody will ever craft anything until it's just about obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    The way it is now nobody will ever craft anything until it's just about obsolete.
    Agreed, unless you got a guild bank willing to foot the huge bill (provided you play on a high pop and there's spirits on the AH), but even then it's just normal mode level gear.

I got one from my first LFR item (accidently) I DE'd. I think it's fixed so you can't now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that was only for the first week or 2 and it was hotfixed to be 100%.

it's definitely not 100%, got 2 of them from 3-4 DEs. why it is not 100%? god knows. the crafts are gonna be worthless for mains by the time you have enough of them. strange system.

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    it's definitely not 100%, got 2 of them from 3-4 DEs. why it is not 100%? god knows. the crafts are gonna be worthless for mains by the time you have enough of them. strange system.
    Yeah I wanted to make the cloth helm for an alt but they are 20k each on my server.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah I wanted to make the cloth helm for an alt but they are 20k each on my server.
    Raid quality materials for T15 normal level epics are expensive two weeks after new patch, where majority of people still need that gear instead of disenchanting. Why exactly are you surprised?

If your alts "need" 522 items, you're probably in a decent raiding guild which would give them to you for free anyway - or at least much cheaper. I fail to see the problem.

Open a ticket. I didn't get a Haunting Spirit when I disenchanted the tanking trinket from Ji-Kun and a GM mailed me the Spirit a few days later. They acknowledged it as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Very well might have been trash epic. However I opened a ticket and the response from the GM was that they weren't 100% drop.

"As it turns out, disenchants of the new gear are not guaranteed to always result in a Haunting Spirit.

I double-checked our records here to make sure nothing was amiss, and I see you did at least receive a Sha Crystal from your disenchantment. Yay \o/

I wish you the most excellent luck for catching Haunting Spirits in the future!!"
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Happy adventures, :]
    /wave

Regards,

Game Master Marrekwethir
    o==[]:::::::::::::::::::>
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    What a wonderful GM :P

Deleted
    It sucks that they aren't 100% from Normal and Heroic. Cause when you have to DE loot this early in the content, your raiders can use some of the crafted items. As soon as we start to farm Heroics, those crafted items won't really be of any use. We've just been selling them for 15k a piece, cause being so lucky to actually learn a new ilvl 522 recipe is rather rare. I've been doing the LW crafting every day since the patch and I've only learned a single 522 pattern.

Anyways, I'd say that 2/3 items we've DE'd, there was a Haunting Spirit in them.

Deleted
    Well, it would make sense, if LFR and world bosses didn't give Spirits. I don't even remember, if Galleon and Sha gave Blood Spirits?

But it makes no sense, that a BoP trash drop doesn't drop a Spirit by default imo. If the drop rate isn't 100% then so be it, but to exclude some items from Normal and Heroic just seems odd. Not that it's a huge issue or anything, it just seems like an odd choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I've heard they don't drop from trinkets at the moment, and from my personal experience Oondasta loot doesn't give them. Everything else has given them at 100% for me (I haven't tried rep gear though).
    Rep gear doesn't work, tried it with an alt 2nd day of t15 and just DE'ed into sha crystal. Also had to DE some TF cloth trash yesterday (no clothies in pug =/) and also no haunting spirit from that.