Thread: COD Ghosts

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think CoDs can only run at 30fps?

I don't think I've ever had one run that slow, except Black Ops 1 when the massive graphics lag glitch was un-fixed.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

I don't think I've ever had one run that slow, except Black Ops 1 when the massive graphics lag glitch was un-fixed.
    I think that's on consoles primarily, most games this late in the generation runs at 720p at 30 fps at its most. If you load it up on a pc its no biggie getting it up to a stable 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

I could be wrong its just I always heard that the older cods "MW1-3 and Black Ops 1/2" Ran 30 fps on consoles and also figured it to be true since they keep shoving down my neck "Ghost will run 60 fps"

As I said I could be wrong tho.

Also most if not all of the current gen games run at 30fps 720p only a hand full ran at 1080p on ps3 and no clue if any did on xbox 360.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    future gen ill give a maybe but I don't see how it will run at 60fps on the current gen systems. Feel free to tell me if I am wrong but don't all the other cods run at 30fps even Black Ops 2.
    IIRC all of them run at 60FPS on consoles. That was a big selling point for MW3, and I believe BOII runes at 60 FPS as well.

Also most if not all of the current gen games run at 30fps 720p only a hand full ran at 1080p on ps3 and no clue if any did on xbox 360.
    The ones that run at 1080 mostly scale up rather than run natively in 1080, and they're not really exclusive to one platform or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC all of them run at 60FPS on consoles. That was a big selling point for MW3, and I believe BOII runes at 60 FPS as well.

The ones that run at 1080 mostly scale up rather than run natively in 1080, and they're not really exclusive to one platform or the other.
    I guess we will find out more once Ghost release's.

Its just if it is better all around then BO2 I don't see how they can get it to run 60fps even at 720p on current consoles. I though ps3 had a couple of games that ran Natively at 1080p but I could be wrong its been awhile since I payed attention to any of that LOL.

But like I said I wasn't that all impressed and was kinda like wtf when they showed Cranked mode....First though in my head was did they really just rip off the Crank Movie... lol

Still waiting for what the game will look like on current gen. I wounder if there will be moving fish on current gen consoles or is that exclusive to next gen
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Its just if it is better all around then BO2 I don't see how they can get it to run 60fps even at 720p on current consoles.
    The same way games always continue to improve fidelity at the tail end of a console cycle. They learn more and more tricks to maximize the existing hardwares power and improve how games run. Hell, some of the PS2 games at the end of the PS2 cycle looked about as good as the launch titles on PS3, and the PS3 vastly outperforms the PS2's hardware. The same thing happened for PS1 -> PS2 IIRC.

But like I said I wasn't that all impressed and was kinda like wtf when they showed Cranked mode....First though in my head was did they really just rip off the Crank Movie... lol
    Yes...yes they did. And it's glorious. It's probably the most interesting multiplayer mode I've seen added to a game in recent years. It helps that the Crank movies are two of my favorite movies of all time though.

Still waiting for what the game will look like on current gen. I wounder if there will be moving fish on current gen consoles or is that exclusive to next gen
    It's actually exclusive to the N64, as we've not even seen the next-gen fish AI functioning in Ghosts yet : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Yes...yes they did. And it's glorious. It's probably the most interesting multiplayer mode I've seen added to a game in recent years. It helps that the Crank movies are two of my favorite movies of all time though.
    I personally didn't care for Crank 2's story but loved Crank one. I would have just preferred if they called the game mode overdose or something lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think that's on consoles primarily, most games this late in the generation runs at 720p at 30 fps at its most. If you load it up on a pc its no biggie getting it up to a stable 60.
    Ah ya, that makes sense - I never play FPS on consoles - not only the low FPS, but the lack of mouse is just absurd.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    you had to mentioned that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9TNvn7hAzA

Ill be honest i think it looks lame

- - - Updated - - -

Of course i havent had much interest in FPSs lately...

I am not impressed with cod ghosts at all , i find BF3 to be far better than any of the cods, sniping actually is sniping in BF3, in cod the sniper bullets could go forever and they dont lose height in BF3 they actually do like in real life. The guns in COD sound like trash and latency is the cause of death rather than skill.I will prob give it a try when its out on PS4 but i dont have high hopes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    I am not impressed with cod ghosts at all , i find BF3 to be far better than any of the cods, sniping actually is sniping in BF3, in cod the sniper bullets could go forever and they dont lose height in BF3 they actually do like in real life. The guns in COD sound like trash and latency is the cause of death rather than skill.I will prob give it a try when its out on PS4 but i dont have high hopes.
    Tbh, in BF3 you often die to nonsense too. As for sniping, the maps in CoD are too small for anything serious.

I really hope they make the PC port less crappy than previous, BO2 has serious rounding issues related to frame rates and the worst lag/server comp ive ever seen in a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    I really hope they make the PC port less crappy than previous, BO2 has serious rounding issues related to frame rates and the worst lag/server comp ive ever seen in a game.
    Playing BO2 from the release day and have no framerate issue. I set it to 90 and it always stay so. Fix your PC ?
    Speaking of lag comp can't say that it is ruining my gameplay... Taking in account you can set up average ping at lobby menu the whole lag problem is not a big deal...

COD = Call Of Dogs.
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Tbh, in BF3 you often die to nonsense too. As for sniping, the maps in CoD are too small for anything serious.
    Don't get the hooplah over the "lawl CoD not realism!1!" considering it's branded as an arcade style shooter and not "realism" that BF seems to brand itself with these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Don't get the hooplah over the "lawl CoD not realism!1!" considering it's branded as an arcade style shooter and not "realism" that BF seems to brand itself with these days.
    BF is not very realistic either tbh, you are looking at playing ARMA if you want that.

COD Ghosts is just what MW3 should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    ...The Fish from Mario 64 and now the Knife Animation from Bad Company 2.

If the dog came from Old Yeller someone is getting a boot to the face.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-08-16 at 05:27 PM.