Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...passes-whites/

I think the people who scream news bias on both sides can pretty much keep quiet here. Its a Fox News story reporting on findings done by the left-wing Associated Press. So, everyone should be happy.

See, the problem for democrats is that Obama won a narrow victory in 2012 thanks to a huge historic turnout surge of African-Americans. So if they are going to win in 2016, democrats will probably NEED to keep black turnout at record levels. But how can they do that? Obama can't run again. Will blacks turnout in massive numbers for Hillary Clinton? I don't think so.

If black turnout percentage simply falls back to 2004 levels, they lose. The democratic party can't win being the party of non-whites unless they generate massive turnout. There's just not enough votes there.
    Dems sure will lose some black and possibly latino vote with Hillary instead of Obama. But on the other hand, she will win a lot of white blue-collar voters who couldn't get themselves to vote for Obama. Actually the same is true if for whatever reason Hillary should not stand and Biden will be the candidate.

Depends who she is up against of course, if it is Chris Christie she will have a strong challenger in that category, but his time to be nominated is probably not in 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden would be like Ford, unintentionally hilarious. He's like your crazy but otherwise very intelligent uncle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Biden would be like Ford, unintentionally hilarious. He's like your crazy but otherwise very intelligent uncle.
    I would vote for him for the sole reason of seeing if the crazy side of him was just a ruse.

Hah, Biden. In a field that could possibly have Warren, Clinton, Martin O'Malley, Andrew Cuomo, Deval Patrick, Corey Booker, Kristen Gillibrand etc, I don't think old blunt white guy is gunna cut it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Hah, Biden. In a field that could possibly have Warren, Clinton, Martin O'Malley, Andrew Cuomo, Deval Patrick, Corey Booker, Kristen Gillibrand etc, I don't think old blunt white guy is gunna cut it.
    Yeah, which is a shame because outside of his flubs, he actually does have a good head on his shoulders. It'll be interesting to see the 2016 primaries

Deleted
    If Clinton does run, no one else is going to even try challenge her.

Most likely she will run, but if she doesn't, for let's say medical reasons or whatever: The race will be open and Biden will then probably have Obamas endorsement, which will still matter a lot in the party. Also, if Hillary announces her non-participation late, it will be hard for any of the low name recognition candidates to compete with Old Uncle Joe, crazy (and old) or not. Without Hillary, Biden will be the obvious front runner, and he will have a massive advantage in terms of campaign money to spend. Which sadly is what elections and primaries are most about in the US today.

Yeah, which is a shame because outside of his flubs, he actually does have a good head on his shoulders. It'll be interesting to see the 2016 primaries
    Yup, I like the guy but just don't see it happening. Which is funny because he comes off as the "regular" guy everyone claims to want in government, but who everyone says isn't professional enough.

Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    If Clinton does run, no one else is going to even try challenge her.

Most likely she will run, but if she doesn't, for let's say medical reasons or whatever: The race will be open and Biden will then probably have Obamas endorsement, which will still matter a lot in the party. Also, if Hillary announces her non-participation late, it will be hard for any of the low name recognition candidates to compete with Old Uncle Joe, crazy (and old) or not. Without Hillary, Biden will be the obvious front runner, and he will have a massive advantage in terms of campaign money to spend. Which sadly is what elections and primaries are most about in the US today.
    That's not how the process works. If Clinton runs plenty of people will challenge her. No one just steps aside.

If she doesn't run and Biden does, then yes he'll most likely get Obama's endorsement, but presidential endorsements aren't what they used to be. Three elections in a row is a tough thing to pull off. Three elections in a row with what would be considered a continuation of the current regime is an almost impossible sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I like the guy but just don't see it happening. Which is funny because he comes off as the "regular" guy everyone claims to want in government, but who everyone says isn't professional enough.

Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how the process works. If Clinton runs plenty of people will challenge her. No one just steps aside.

If she doesn't run and Biden does, then yes he'll most likely get Obama's endorsement, but presidential endorsements aren't what they used to be. Three elections in a row is a tough thing to pull off. Three elections in a row with what would be considered a continuation of the current regime is an almost impossible sell.
    and yet Obama was able to win on a terrible economy. It really depends on the republicans choosing a candidate with non religious crazyness. I dont think they will, because they are still insisting their message isnt the problem.

and yet Obama was able to win on a terrible economy. It really depends on the republicans choosing a candidate with non religious crazyness. I dont think they will, because they are still insisting their message isnt the problem.
    Obama is charismatic as hell. Even when his approval ratings were shit, his personal appeal was high. I wouldn't use him as the standard. He's the exception, and for good reason.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How well can the democrats do in 2016?

Very well if the GOP doesn't attempt a new approach soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama is charismatic as hell. Even when his approval ratings were shit, his personal appeal was high. I wouldn't use him as the standard. He's the exception, and for good reason.
    Obama is good, but he is not even in FDR's league, let alone Bill Clinton. although Gore's problem was being too wooden and unpersonable, a problem Biden CLEARLY doesnt have

Yeah because that is the only way a Republican is getting elected is if a certain race can't vote. Hmm. Kind of reminds me of that vote in Florida when good ol' boy Bush was elected. The republican party is so doomed its not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    The republican party is so doomed its not even funny.
    no, but I do get a wholesome feeling of schadenfreude at it's demise.

Tea Party sure ain't helping in that respect. Instead of learning their lessons the mainstream party seems to have slinked into a corner and handed the reins to the angry loons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If Clinton decides to run, then the Democratic primary debates would end up being Hillary2016 campaign rallies. And I bet she would convince her challengers (if any) to go sit in the audience, where they belong. It would be very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    Being anti-atheist is definitely not a cool thing to be. Being atheist is considered the cool thing for today's youth.
    No, more and more people are just waking up to the fact that some 2000 year old book isn't something to be following when people don't follow it to a T like they preach. That is about all I can say without getting infracted for talking about religion or religion bashing as the mods call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, more and more people are just waking up to the fact that some 2000 year old book isn't something to be following when people don't follow it to a T like they preach.
    That, and a lot of people are being disillusioned by the fundamentalists rejecting any reality that disagrees with them. It's a whole lot of cognitive dissonance for a generation with wide access to education. That's what happened to me, and I used to be a true believer. Then we also have more people coming out, and the trend seems to be in favor of abandoning faith over abandoning friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    Actually, our deficit is lowering.

At least for now:

That is the thrust of a new report released Tuesday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, estimating that the deficit for this fiscal year, which ends on Sept. 30, will fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of the nation’s annual economic output, about $200 billion lower than the agency estimated just three months ago.

Check out Japans deficits in relation to their GDP. Now that is bad.
    Our deficit is coming down because we raised taxes and allowed the "draconian" sequester cuts to go through. Many Democrats seem to be trying to take credit for things they fought heavily against, and are still bashing Republicans for.

And comparing our deficit to a country that is trying to recover from one of the worst natural disasters to happen anywhere outside of Pompeii is kind of silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You pick and choose what constitutes handouts and what constitutes just a government program.
    Everyone does, even you. I'd say that everything that the government gives is a handout, but some of it is necessary.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    And comparing our deficit to a country that is trying to recover from one of the worst natural disasters to happen anywhere outside of Pompeii is kind of silly.
    Why does it matter that they experienced a huge natural disaster? Their financial situation has been a long time in the making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Depends who they've got running the IRS :v

On a serious note, they could win a landslide with the right candidate (i.e. someone who's willing and able to clean up the mess caused by Obama and Bush). Then again, so could the GOP.