Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's probably easier for me to guess nationality online based on how they write in English. After a while, you just get an overall feel for how Russians construct sentences in English for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    Yeah, no. You might be able to distinguish the major archetypes. But telling the nationality of a random stranger just by looks?
    Let's do an experiment, shall we. Look at the following pictures and tell me their nationality — there's a French, an Italian, a Spaniard, a Dane, and a Brit.

Left to right (bottom = 5) 1 = Italian/spain, 2 = french, 3 = spain/italian, 4 = brit, 5 = dane
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2013-08-25 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, no. You might be able to distinguish the major archetypes. But telling the nationality of a random stranger just by looks?
    Let's do an experiment, shall we. Look at the following pictures and tell me their nationality — there's a French, an Italian, a Spaniard, a Dane, and a Brit.

Well gaaaahhh....
    We're obviously talking in general terms.

Can I try on these pictures? For fun no cockmeasuring involved.
    French-Spanish-italian-Brit(lol)-Danish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Left to right (bottom = 5) 1 = Italian, 2 = french, 3 = britt, 4 = spaniard, 5 = dane
    0/5

1=Spaniard, 2=Dane, 3=Italian, 4=Brit (obviously ^^), 5=French.

Deleted
    2/5 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Where the fuck in Europe can you distinguish people by looks? The only significant difference is the one between north and south. Plenty of foreigners at my dorm and I have no chance at telling where they are from until i hear them speak.
    I live at a dorm in Denmark with a lot of foreigners and I disagree. Students from eastern europe, for example, such as Lithuania or Poland are often easily distinguable from a dane. On the other hand I can't tell the difference between people from Portugal/Spain/Italy for example. But greeks for example are often easily distinguable from that group.
    If you see enough foreigners you learn to notice the small similarities and differences.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2013-08-25 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    0/5

Supermodels don't apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can distinguish Italians, Australians, British, Irish all easily.
    I'm starting to learn how to distinguish between Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and all the other nearby large Asian countries after living with a heap of them for 7 months.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's okay. You see them screw up about where they think where each other are from all the time when meeting.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Supermodels don't apply.
    You can send them to me if you want.

I would say Italian-Danish-Briton-French-Spanish

- - - Updated - - -

0/5

Ah, so it seems i can at least identify my countrymen and women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    I live at a dorm in Denmark with a lot of foreigners and I disagree. Students from eastern europe, for example, such as Lithuania or Poland are often easily distinguable from a dane. On the other hand I can't tell the difference between people from portugal/Spain/Italy for example. But greeks for example are often easily distinguable from that group.
    If you see enough foreigners you learn to notice the small similarities and differences.
    Well yea, from a dane - not from each other. And besides - theres also swedes and norwegians and finnish to contend with. But try an distinguish Lithuanians from Polish.

Not nationalities, but regions is doable sometimes.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    2/5 for me
    Kudos. Cara Delevinegar (the Brit) was the easy one, I think
    Supermodels don't apply.
    Well, the point is that for every girl (or guy) that conforms to the stereotype, there's a bunch of others that don't. Whether they are models, or your next-door neighbour.
    Ah, so it seems i can at least identify my countrymen and women.
    Freja is awesome <3. Although I picked her on purpose because I thought people would recognize her for her Valentino campaign, and say she was Italian.

Deleted
    Pretty easy to spot someone from Eastern Europe.

10+ Year Old Account

They all look fairly typically French, apart from the last one ironically, who looks more Germanic (Alsace French?). They could easily be English as well, apart from perhaps number 2.

The first one looks like a brunette version of my cousin, who is English.

I Googled number 4, she has a very flexible mouth...she wins.

I have this Chinese female friend who grew up here (not china) and she went to china for a few months.
    The people there could all see she wasn't a Chinese Chinese (does that make sense :P) However, I woulnd be able to tell u the difference.

Now in europe, u can distinquish spanish people, italian people, scandinavians and balkan people just by looks. But whenever i see a coloured person (be it turkish/syrian/iraki/marrocan, vietnamese/chinese/japanese/etc/etc, Nigerian/central african/zambian, u get the point) i can not distinquish them. Since i can distinquish coccasion, im curious whether it's just because i don't no how to distinquish the other people, or if it's somehow colour related.

So, as a black person, can you see the difference between different african nationality's?
    As a asian person, can you see the difference between different asian nationality's?
    As an Arab person, can u see the diferrence between different arab nationality's?
    Likely it had to do with how she dresses, then when she speaks, it'll just confirm their opinion that she looks different.

On the other hand, Chinese look different to Japanese, etc. according to someone who has lived there for a long time. When watching videos, she can tell when they are using a Japanese guy instead of Chinese, or at least she says so, I cannot confirm.

EDIT: Just to expand on what I said. Clothes people buy and wear in China are quiet different to what people buy in America, etc. even if the clothes are made in China. What people sell in China is different, style, quality, etc.
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2013-08-25 at 02:36 PM.

Well I suck, 200 out of 1000.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They all look fairly typically French, apart from the last one ironically, who looks more Germanic (Alsace French?). They could easily be English as well, apart from perhaps number 2.
    What's fairly typically French? (inb4 slutty) She's from around Lille, apparently. So a northern gal.
    I Googled number 4, she has a very flexible mouth...she wins.
    Cara is ugly as sin, and her walk is shit. I still don't know how she got her first gig, let alone get ranked #17 on the top models list. I guess her flexible mouth might have something to do with that.

716/1000

10+ Year Old Account
    What's fairly typically French? (inb4 slutty) She's from around Lille, apparently. So a northern gal.

Cara is ugly as sin, and her walk is shit. I still don't know how she got her first gig, let alone get ranked #17 on the top models list. I guess her flexible mouth might have something to do with that.
    Typical French is the same as typical English...it has absolutely no meaning whatsoever due to the variety, apart from French girls tend to have slightly larger noses and bigger hair. French girls aren't particularly slutty as far as European girls go, in fact they require quite a bit of effort, which is a blessing - no fun if there is no chase.

You not liking that English girl wouldn't have anything to do with her birth certificate at all, would it? She seems pretty enough to me, and after allowing for your choice in photographs, she's on a par with 1 and better than 2.