10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by detri View Post
    Is it worth getting back into the game? i started playing a few months back levelling one character into the mid 20's i believe, but i decided to go back to wow. To cut a long story short i cancelled my sub and shortly after i lost my authenticator so i guess that's a good reason to quit wow for good.

Id just like a second opinion on how the game is currently
    LFG is coming in soon, that might make a slight difference, but in all honesty, just too shallow a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Not another one of these posts...
    SEARCH FUNCTION, USE IT!

I'll be brief, don't come back the game really doesn't need more mindless zombies who can't use google or a basic search function on a website.
    Really man?

Chill the fuck out

To the dude asking if its worth it to come back, sure it is. All you need to do is redownload the client and you can jump back in.

can't hurt, can it?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

You really think I'm not chill already?

I hate people who repeat stuff that is already known, I hate this topic and I hate that people feel entitled to having their question answered by someone while the answer can be discovered easily.
    I'm sick and tired of people needing to be spoon fed when there's a straw in their mouth and in their soup already.

Typing in "break back" in the search box gave me

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=break+back

10+ Year Old Account
    The easiest thing is to either a) ignore said posts or b) reply constructively, we don't need unnecessary aggro. (forgot c) dissuade them at all costs!)
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-09-15 at 07:29 AM.

I like C.

still too short what a silly system, like this adds anything to the conversation...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like C.

still too short what a silly system, like this adds anything to the conversation...
    lol, its still in development

I hate people who repeat stuff that is already known, I hate this topic and I hate that people feel entitled to having their question answered by someone while the answer can be discovered easily.
    It's also one of the problems with a megathread, especially when we have a complete forum that usually has latest update discussion on the first page and usually a "should I return" or "state of the game" threads on the first two.

Maybe we need a "should I return" sticky ("you already bought it, so why not try it?") or "state of the game" sticky ("please don't mention endgame, we will argue about the term for five pages!").

You really think I'm not chill already?
    The amount of time and energy you put into arguing on a video game forum is honestly worrisome.
    I'm not saying I disagree with the content of your replies, but the quality/quantity of your posts make me wonder if they're projections of real-life frustrations.

There are many ways to educate people, however e-raging at a benign forum poster is probably not one of them.

PPL like that ignore stickies anyway...

I post a lot because I play PvP and since nobody plays the Q's are easily 10minutes so with a match lasting about the same time it's easy to post a lot while in Q.

I don't care about posting good quality/educating if it's going to be wasted on people who can't even use a search function, it's like buying the most expensive steak and giving it to your dog. This really doesn't cost a lot of energy either, I can type about 100WPM so these posts take around 2-3minutes during my down-time.

Again, why would I bother educating people who don't care about learning skills. Give a man a fish...

If I could I wouldn't post at all I'd just perma-ban ppl who bring up things that have been answered numerous times
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-09-15 at 03:36 PM.

PPL like that ignore stickies anyway...
    True, but for such things, it's still easier to say "read the sticky" rather than discuss what has already been discussed.

Deleted
    My bad for starting an arguement, i didn't realise asking for an up to date second opinion on the game was such a heinous crime on these forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    My bad for starting an arguement, i didn't realise asking for an up to date second opinion on the game was such a heinous crime on these forums.
    Its not, just some people get their feathers in a ruffle over topics that have been gone over several times. I do agree with what someone else said, you already paid for the game, there's no harm in just updating and logging in to see if you feel like playing again. what do you have to lose but a few minutes of your time?

It's not that you asked, it's once a week or whatnot, someone creates a new thread asking similar. Then you get into the standard fanboi/troll war of opinions about how it's even better than the greatness it launched at or even worse than the mess it was at release. There will be carefuly measured responses listing updates that really won't inform on much since they lack context and folks pointing out that you already own it, so just try it for yourself.

All of which would have been avoided with a quick search anyway.

Also, everyone on the internet is file of spite and malice and barely restrained rage, just waiting for the opportunity to express it in written form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Also, everyone on the internet is file of spite and malice and barely restrained rage, just waiting for the opportunity to express it in written form.
    Ahh... the John Gabriel Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory

Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience == Total Fuckwad
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Anyone got any tips to get out of the traditional mind set for questing and into guild wars 2 way of levelling? I'm really struggling to level since I'm sick in the old way of get a load of quests do them and return.

I haven't PvEd in the game before despite having it since launch, only sPvP for first 5 months then quit. I made a Charr last night but only managed to get to level 9 in about 4 and a half hours since I had no idea what to do and no events were popping up, I also tried a human followed a zerg for abit which was good exp but really wasn't fun, got level 12 after like an hour with them. So is this the norm in the game for levelling or what only the human zone seemed to have this zerg which spawned loads of events but the others were just dead, I only saw 2 others in the Charr zone.

So any tips would be great.

Deleted
    All starter zones except for human are dead tbh & unlikely to change.
    If you like PvPing, enter WvWs.
    Depending on your server you`ll probably run up against or with zergs, but at least fighting players is mroe interesting then boring old NPCs

It is usually much easier once you hit 30 as you`ll have your elites & full util bara, but can be done without them.
    It`s how I levelled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyone got any tips to get out of the traditional mind set for questing and into guild wars 2 way of levelling? I'm really struggling to level since I'm sick in the old way of get a load of quests do them and return.

I haven't PvEd in the game before despite having it since launch, only sPvP for first 5 months then quit. I made a Charr last night but only managed to get to level 9 in about 4 and a half hours since I had no idea what to do and no events were popping up, I also tried a human followed a zerg for abit which was good exp but really wasn't fun, got level 12 after like an hour with them. So is this the norm in the game for levelling or what only the human zone seemed to have this zerg which spawned loads of events but the others were just dead, I only saw 2 others in the Charr zone.

guild wars 2 way of leveling is no different, it's the mindset that levels matter that's different, don't rush to level because honestly once you hit 80 and that goal is gone, to me, it loses any drive or desire to continue playing i can honestly say 0-80 was the best leveling experience, but it falls hideously flat after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    All starter zones except for human are dead tbh & unlikely to change.
    this is nonsense, I play on a European server past 11:00 p.m. and still meet people. If this is true for you, guest on other servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    if you want to just get to max level without experiencing the content then you could just craft. if you want to experience the content then the best advice is to just explore, do events whenever you see them and maybe try some WvW as well. THIS is a site that shows you what events are up by server and zone and updates every 30 sec but i am not at home atm so i don't have a link for you, i will edit when i get it. imo, you should just look for a fun way to level for yourself and do that even if it is slower, maybe level with a friend and go exploring together, coz the leveling experience in this game is the best i have ever come across. /shrug
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2013-09-16 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added website
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    this is nonsense, I play on a European server past 11:00 p.m. and still meet people. If this is true for you, guest on other servers.
    I`m on a high pop server (Underworld) which is heavily PvE (wish I`d known that before creating on here ;p
    Guess it`s this server, but it is a ghost town at times, actually shocked when I see a roamer in other zones hehe