Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What to do with a dead dog

So my dog was hit by a truck and died and idk what to do with it. I live in the city area so it'll be awkward to bury it in my backyard. I looked on google it doesn't give me a freaking answer and all the vets are closed for the night and animal control is closed as well.

So what do I do with a dead dog body for the night? It creeps me out and saddens me looking at it just laying there all broken. One major thing is I haven't told my girlfriend yet, and I will be yelled at for not locking the gate properly. So yes it's my fault. But anyway what the hell do I do with it till morning?

Whatever you do, don't put it in the refrigerator. Nobody wants to be scared by a dead dog when going to get milk for their cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    So my dog was hit by a truck and died and idk what to do with it. I live in the city area so it'll be awkward to bury it in my backyard. I looked on google it doesn't give me a freaking answer and all the vets are closed for the night and animal control is closed as well.

So what do I do with a dead dog body for the night? It creeps me out and saddens me looking at it just laying there all broken. One major thing is I haven't told my girlfriend yet, and I will be yelled at for not locking the gate properly. So yes it's my fault. But anyway what the hell do I do with it till morning?
    'find' a boat. Put dog in boat. Put pour gasoline in boat. Light torch. Push boat off shore. Throw torch into boat.

Enjoy Viking Funeral.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put in a plastic bag, and drop it in the freezer..
    Then wait until moring to contact whoever can dispose of it, the proper way..

Else, take a shovel, and go to a nearby park....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    'find' a boat. Put dog in boat. Put pour gasoline in boat. Light torch. Push boat off shore. Throw torch into boat.

Enjoy Viking Funeral.
    Vikings burned them on land, not on the water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

That is pretty much all you can do...

...except the park thing, unless you want to get arrested for defacing public property.

Don't take a shovel and go to a nearby park. That's pretty fucking terrible advice. Good way to get a nice fine and maybe arrested. Also, remember that kid in your class that was weird and acted all violent sometimes? That's because he dug up a dead dog in a park.

give it to a taxidermist then make it tapdance and give it a little hat.

then put it in front of the doorway so nomatter who comes into your house if they loved the dog they are reminded that what they love is gone and all thats left is a mockery a tap dancing mockery
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you close to the Dog? If no, roll it standing onto the highway on a skateboard for massive laughs. If yes, and you dont want to be arrested and aren't a bad person, drive it to the country and bury it.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Vikings burned them on land, not on the water
    I was just channeling the scene from the league. Who got burned in their boats then?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I was just channeling the scene from the league. Who got burned in their boats then?
    People in lord of the rings

Well here, as long as you bury them at least 2 ft deep and far enough away from the house to not be a "nuisance" then it's completely legal, check your local laws.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    People in lord of the rings
    Or GoT. Or in pretty much 50% of medieval themed movies/series

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That is pretty much all you can do...

...except the park thing, unless you want to get arrested for defacing public property.
    There are no laws against it in Denmark...
    And since OP have made no indication where he's from, I can only give advice based on my local laws...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Just go throw the dog in some dumpster.

Deleted
    What the fuck is wrong with some of you people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphoro View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with some of you people?
    Your avatar is a perfect response to your question.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Compassion for animals and thinking they're on the same level as humans are TWO different things. Animals ARE NOT HUMANS. I can't stand people that think they are.

Either bury it or throw it in a dumpster (hopefully in some trash bags for the smell).

That or take it to the woods and let it other animals eat it.

some good and bad advice here.

if you have to wait till the morning there are two options. fridge or large bag out of sight.
    if your dog was fed canned food, the preservative is the food will increase the time before rigamortas sets in. (excuse the incorrect spelling)
    if not a smell may rise by the morning.
    my mates dog suffered a similar fate one afternoon. i helped dig a grave 3 foot deep in his bag yard and we all had a some what of a funeral.
    i suggest this idea, throw in a couple toys and maybe a bone. as well. ashes to ashes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are no laws against it in Denmark...
    And since OP have made no indication where he's from, I can only give advice based on my local laws...
    I think this small guide for the proper disposal of animals has a slightly different perspective. Not saying you are wrong but burying your dead animal in the park is not on the list

http://www.foedevarestyrelsen.dk/Sit...r_06_06_10.pdf [in danish because obviously]

Edit: Obviously for relevance the guide is only about pets and excludes those pets that might also serve as production or food animals.
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2013-09-26 at 06:46 AM.