Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    yup POE if it hasent been said yet =p

for me POE is a shitty version of D3 i played it for like the first 5 min the targeting was so bad i couldnt do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Path of Exile is the best hack&slash besides diablo 3 on the market right now. Marvel is crap, really simple and diluted, unless you're a marvel fan. Torchlight...meh, I'm gonna say it becomes boring pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Path of Exile is the best hack&slash besides diablo 3 on the market right now. Marvel is crap, really simple and diluted, unless you're a marvel fan. Torchlight...meh, I'm gonna say it becomes boring pretty fast.
    Isn't that what the OP was asking for?

I don't see why you wouldn't want to play PoE. It's the best of it's genre.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    It's a bit overwhelming at first tbh.

But PoE is the best F2P. If you want something less advance and simple Marvel heros, though they are just milking the franchise. If you have 6 bucks to spare buy torch light 2.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Just get your head around Path of Exile.

Torchlight 2 is about £6 this week on steam otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    yup POE if it hasent been said yet =p

for me POE is a shitty version of D3 i played it for like the first 5 min the targeting was so bad i couldnt do it
    That's funny, because I've always thought that Diablo 3 was a shittier version of PoE. While I have long stopped playing PoE, it hands down blows D3 out of the water. I have no idea what problems you had with targeting, I haven't had any at all. The game isn't perfect, and the fact that you can't do a full reset of your skills without jumping through rings of fire really fucking blows, but so much of the game is just so much more in-depth and filled in than D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Yea I don't get it either, its literally the best thing when it comes to character customization, though I wish it had escape abilities that were purely for utility purposes, the skill tree is why I'm still here wish an mmo could do this of course the trial and error process would have to be included.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Play some good old Dungeon Siege 2 with mods
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's funny, because I've always thought that Diablo 3 was a shittier version of PoE. While I have long stopped playing PoE, it hands down blows D3 out of the water. I have no idea what problems you had with targeting, I haven't had any at all. The game isn't perfect, and the fact that you can't do a full reset of your skills without jumping through rings of fire really fucking blows, but so much of the game is just so much more in-depth and filled in than D3.
    Its certainly hard for me to compare the two I think D3 has the best combat in the genre, but Poe skill tree keeps me entertained and keeps me playing, surely if Poe had the level of animations and combat D3 has it would be perfect in my book.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

FATE

Path of Exile

Titanquest

Though not free, I think Torchlight 2 is a great alternative to the style of gameplay that Diablo 3 offers. Fast paced, simple and visually appealing.

Suggestions of Path of Exile are very inappropriate. As Path of Exile is not at all like Diablo 3 in design or gameplay intent. Unless one means in the most blanekt of ways such that Call of Duty, Half-Life 2 and Call of Duty are all "shooters".

Torchlight 2 is $10-20 USD depending on the day of the week. Sometimes they even sell it for a dollar on Steam.

Drakensang is also a decent F2P ARPG with some cool secondary systems. Though still packaged in the manner and style of the Diablo franchise; accessible, linear and archetypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Though not free, I think Torchlight 2 is a great alternative to the style of gameplay that Diablo 3 offers. Fast paced, simple and visually appealing.

Suggestions of Path of Exile are very inappropriate. As Path of Exile is not at all like Diablo 3 in design or gameplay intent. Unless one means in the most blanekt of ways such that Call of Duty, Half-Life 2 and Call of Duty are all "shooters".

Torchlight 2 is $10-20 USD depending on the day of the week. Sometimes they even sell it for a dollar on Steam.

Drakensang is also a decent F2P ARPG with some cool secondary systems. Though still packaged in the manner and style of the Diablo franchise; accessible, linear and archetypal.
    Why is PoE inappropriate? It's totally an acceptable dungeon crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Because Diablo 3 is meant to make you feel like a baller.

Path of Exile is meant to kill you, eventually.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    POE is not a dungeon crawler, the OP specifically states he does not want a game with the complexity of POE and the design of Diablo 3 is the exact opposite of Path of Exile.

If I asked for a methodically paced FPS game w/ an emphasis on complex gameplay, the recommendation of Quake would be just as inappropriate as the suggestion of Path of Exile in this thread context.

Game design matters. It matters the most, in fact. It's why human beings play games.

Deleted
    Marvel Heroes. It wasnot so good at release, but past half year they polished it nicely and its very decent game now. Also in few days there will be big 2.0 patch.

Diablo2:LoD is the best one. I can't stand PoE's graphic and somewhat clunky animation. I am not really fond of huge ass skill tree too. Being overly complex is not a good design imo.

Since D2 there has never been any ARPG that worth playing imo. I wll give D3:RoS a last chance if Blizzard fuck up again then this genre is done for me.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-11-03 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    Hey all am looking for some f2p d3-clone game to kill some time.

Needs to be simple (no wtf skills/stats like PoE -_-)

Go!
    Marvel Heroes is probably closer to what you're looking for - it's definitely not overly complex, and the style of combat (visual and such) once you get a few levels under your belt is pretty kinetic. Just pick one of the five starter heroes and go, and unlike Path of Exile it's easier to obtain full respecs if you decide you want to try something a bit different build wise with a particular hero. Skill trees are nothing special, but the flavor of each hero stays true to the character.

It's primarily a game for Marvel fans, but it's also an easy game to pick up and put down when you want to just kill some time. It also happens to actually be a F2P game, and as worthy as Torchlight 2 and Titan's Quest are in terms of being considered very good Diablo type games, you have to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Well, PoE is the best one.

There's Marvel Heros. But It's sort of bad imo. You can still try it out and see if you enjoy it.

Given the pace at which Gazillion adds stuff and changes things, half that video is already outdated.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2013-11-04 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel Heroes is awesome. Love that game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

eh ... last time i heard of drakensang you had to buy ressources to actually use any other skills than your auto-attack and usefull stuff (pots, ident-scrolls, etc.) was extremely rare - but that was in the beta phase when only the first two or three maps were available

still the case? looked promising somehow ...