Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    My family line is Irish / Scottish and I have no problem with British people.

History doesn't give you the right to march forward in ignorance and try and change/better things regardless of race, culture or creed. You can learn from history and do your best to understand it but if you use it as a hammer to further your own hatred you are no better than what History has shown to you.
    Same here with me being Korean, and I harbor no ill feelings against Chinese and Japanese people, as both of those countries have done horrible atrocities on Korea in the past.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Get back to me when you understand slavery after having never been in it.
    Hey, get back to me when you all walk on Indian land and understand it after acting like every other race in America > Native Indians. :P

The sheer arrogance of some of you people and wielding "history" as a weapon is so monumentally ignorant. "Well, my grandfather was a slave... I should raise my children to hate white people" so on and so forth ... /golf clap ... Yea, that sounds SO intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    So you're going to tell me you can relate to slavery just as much as a slave can? Because you read about it?
    I never stated that, it's your statements being so open, which is why i asked for clarification.

I can understand it certainly, i can't "Relate" to the experiences they endured previously however; Why?

It was near 200 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Same here with me being Korean, and I harbor no ill feelings against Chinese and Japanese people, as both of those countries have done horrible atrocities on Korea in the past.
    ^^ Black people in the States are not the only people on this planet who have suffered at the hands of prejudice. Live in the past or move forward, the choice is yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Understand?

I can understand it, i've never experienced it, never been in a slave ship or been lashed for looking at a white person in the eyes; But neither have you.

You don't require to experience slavery to understand it, and to realize how awful it is.
    Oh sure. Just like you can "understand" what it means to kill a man before you've actually done it.

You can anatomically know how it happens, seen it on movies.. but till you actually killed a man.. Ain't happening.

So stop pretending, PLEASE.

How can there ever be peace between the descendants of slaves and the descendants of the slavers?.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2014-02-10 at 02:44 AM.

Did you say American blacks have never been in Slavery? Are you serious?
    He said no African american alive in NA today had been enslaved.

Deleted
    Oh sure. Just like you can "understand" what it means to kill a man before you've actually done it.

You can anatomically know how it happens, seen it on movies.. but till you actually killed a man.. Ain't happening.

So, how have the descendants of the slaves experienced slavery today, in America?

Deleted
    "You can't understand history until you experience it firsthand"

Just take a moment everyone to admire that fascinating tidbit of information.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're going to tell me you can relate to slavery just as much as a slave can? Because you read about it?
    A direct descendant of a slave is going to get just as much from it as anyone else living in present time. Unless they have a hot tub time machine, they are reading about it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is the shortest and coldest month of the year. The majority still have jan, mar, apr, may, june, july, aug, sept, oct, nov, and dec.
    You cared enough to post.

I never stated that, it's your statements being so open, which is why i asked for clarification.

I can understand it certainly, i can't "Relate" to the experiences they endured previously however; Why?

It was near 200 years ago.
    I'm just saying nobody on the earth today can't relate or fully understand to slavery that happened 150+ years go.
    Last edited by dashflash890; 2014-02-10 at 02:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted

You're conflating "Experienced first hand" with "Understanding"

You can understand the process of death, the way the brain dies, how the liver deteriorates, but according to you; I can't understand it until i experience it.

Deleted

Alright. Go on then. Tell me how it feels to be whipped. To be in slavery. To know that you are being undermined because of your skin colour.

Go on. Give me a detailed sit-rep about this. Explain to me, since you clearly understand.

I'll first handedly, COMMEND YOU, if you manage to do this. The disrespect on display, I can merely shake my head in disbelief.

Deleted
    I'm just saying most people on the earth today can't relate or fully understand to slavery that happened 150+ years go.
    Way to change your argument.

Perhaps learn to phrase it more aptly.

Deleted
    You're conflating "Experienced first hand" with "Understanding"

You can understand the process of death, the way the brain dies, how the liver deteriorates, but according to you; I can't understand it until i experience it.
    Experiencing something gives a deeper understanding - One that cannot be achieved by academical knowledge. Get real.

Deleted
    Experiencing something gives a deeper understanding - One that cannot be achieved by academical knowledge. Get real.
    How have black people in America, today, experienced slavery? They don't understand it better than anyone else.

That's not what I said....You can understand it but you won't understand it like a former slave did.
    Last edited by dashflash890; 2014-02-10 at 02:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted
    Alright. Go on then. Tell me how it feels to be whipped. To be in slavery. To know that you are being undermined because of your skin colour.

Go on. Give me a detailed sit-rep about this. Explain to me, since you clearly understand.

I'll first handedly, COMMEND YOU, if you manage to do this. The disrespect on display, I can merely shake my head in disbelief.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying (you can't fully appreciate something without personally experiencing it) but I have no idea where you're going with it.

If not "fully understanding" the situation means you aren't eligible to comment on it, you've pretty much invalidated the whole discipline of history.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just saying most people on the earth today can't relate or fully understand to slavery that happened 150+ years go.
    Have you been a slave, because if not, the whole point is moot, because you can't relate fully either.
    Entire months dedicated to a single certain race/skintone are just plain racism because you're putting a spotlight on them and ignoring the rest enitrely. Either accept people for who they are in this day and age or live in the past. There shouldn't be a need for this.