Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Generally, my post was about people unable to see further than their nose. Unable, or unwilling. Your response suggest the latter.
    Unwilling to feed your ego, yes. Your assertion was baseless, dickwaving bullshit and you've been backtracking since a few of us called you out though you don't have the integrity to actually retract your ridiculous statement. The idea that intelligent people will like the game and anyone who doesn't is less intelligent is so laughable that I'm kind of annoyed at myself for even engaging with you.

I enjoyed playing it, and I really thought I wouldn't. Only reason I stopped was it's beta and hate to see wasted progress. Losing isn't that much of a big deal, just dust yourself off and go again.
    Progress in the beta is not getting reset when the game is officially live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Save the verbal dancing for someone who's impressed by it. I didn't change the subject, you did. If you want to back away from your, "People who don't like it aren't smart enough." post, then just do that.
    Sorry, I changed the topic from what, into what?

1) I say something.
    2) You take it out of context, and respond to that.
    3) I say Hey, if you want to have a friendly discussion about what I said, how about we go back to what I said.

I thought we were talking about why people decide to quit HS, which can't be covered by a single reason. I pondered openly on several possible reasons. You're stuck on one part of the whole. A part that has no definite numbers, no reliable sources. Where pure speculation is the only option. Judging by the amount of players, odds are overwhelmingly in favor of me not being baseless, every second person on the planet is below average intelligence. Thing is, I can try to speak to you as an adult, and you can take what I say out of context and put it in my mouth in return thinking I actually said that, and we won't get anywhere.

Or are you saying that intelligence has no part in why some people decide to quit? Because that's just silly. Enough people have left that game for it to be an occurrence, even if the percentage is in the single digit. Besides, computer games promote intelligence, among other things. Stupid people can't be good at competitive online games, no matter the genre. Period.

And about the "verbal dancing" thing. An online forum is a dance floor for conversation. With or without your permission, I'll dance all I like.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Unwilling to feed your ego, yes. Your assertion was baseless, dickwaving bullshit and you've been backtracking since a few of us called you out though you don't have the integrity to actually retract your ridiculous statement. The idea that intelligent people will like the game and anyone who doesn't is less intelligent is so laughable that I'm kind of annoyed at myself for even engaging with you.
    The thing is, you're hung up on the 10% of the post that doesn't describe you. It's a part of the whole. While I'm describing the different parts of a car, you're hung up on only discussing the exhaust pipe and how it doesn't fit [whoever] (you're very unspecific on this), something that already should be clear to everyone. I covered cynics, non-planners, and slaves to instincts/emotions, which are categories you clearly belong to. Focus on those instead, if you must take offense, since I don't question your intelligence. I gave equal space to "people who simply don't like the game for other reasons", as I did to my free, and open interpretation on the intelligence part, that I in no way, shape, or form was stated to be factual.

Let go of what isn't applicable to you, it's not healthy.

Deleted
    I think trying to get back onto the topic is in order, if indeed anyone has anything to add to it. This trollfest is not getting anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh please, out of context. You even defended it the first time I mentioned it, now I was taking it out of context the whole time?

It's really sad when someone can't own their words.]
    Like I thought, just bashing, nothing constructive. No counter arguments, just hollow words. I've tried, but you're not interested in anything but baseless bashing. I sure swallowed your bait, hook and all. Well played. Or to put it in more of an RP atmosphere, I concede to you.

It's boring because it's all about rng and who spends the most on packs.

its definitely about who buys packs and who doesnt. who been longest and who hasnt. any argument otherwise is invalid. also funny all these people bolstering these insane win rates. lol..does anyone lose on this game? 90% of the player base is 80% win percentage!

People tend to remember only the "bad RNG". If everything about this game is RNG and how much money you spend on it how the hell there are those players that stand out from the crowd without spending money on it? Are they just "incredibly lucky" for a long long long time?

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    You claim it's impossible to win reliably, and then disregard an attempt to show some people can win reliably as "made up bullcrap". It's pretty easy to win an argument when evidence to your claim is automatically deemed accurate, and any evidence to the contrary is automatically deemed fake.

I suppose the possibility that people out there really do have 80-90% win rates isn't even worth suggesting? A deck such as control shaman, for example, which is pretty popular for leveling up from 25 with few losses? He said he'd played less than 50 games, so he doesn't exactly need an elite deck to win a large majority of them. Of course, it's a lot easier to automatically claim a game is broken than to spend half an hour considering the *oh so remote* possibility that you're not playing optimally.
    you fail at basic logic. anyone who is below rank 20 has positive winrate, otherwise they wouldnt really get there. If I considered stopming through high ranks in my winrate, I would have a high winrate too... eventually, your rank plateaus and you are gonna be at around 50% winrate unless you are the very best among legendary ranks. But I guess the numbers look cool for people who dont give it a second thought and take it at face value. Even trump, stmping through ranks with free deck has overall high winrate, but he plateaud and guess what, winrate went from 90% to 50%

TBH, I met the card-block at rank 13-14. I've been playing nearly all classes for like 8-9 days doing my dailies and buying packs to "gear up".

Most adversaries I meet at this level have mainly cards I haven't seen before apart from some common removals.

If the slate isn't cleaned, (as in all having to start afresh), I doubt I'll be bothered the time investment for the catch up when the games goes official.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    TBH, I met the card-block at rank 13-14. I've been playing nearly all classes for like 8-9 days doing my dailies and buying packs to "gear up".

Most adversaries I meet at this level have mainly cards I haven't seen before apart from some common removals.

If the slate isn't cleaned, (as in all having to start afresh), I doubt I'll be bothered the time investment for the catch up when the games goes official.
    I'm playing very casually but trying out cheap (read: almost entirely basic/common card - 0 legendaries 0/1 epics) decks as a way to be more on par with my friends right now card-wise. Having no problems at rank 8-9 winstreaking atm, although I'm only playing once every 2-3 days past few weeks (and pretty much just finishing dailies) due to other commitments.

I'm guessing 5 will be the true barrier where the expensive control decks crush the cheaper decks, which pretty much have to be rush/agro/midgame decks. It'd be nice if there were some nice big cards as commons or basics, since right now giants/legendaries/epic class cards seem to dominate that section.

I'm not saying P2W shouldn't be there. Look at the cheap and midrange legendaries: Nat pagle (taken by a lot due to difficult removal early game), thalnos (versatile, cheap, etc.), tinkmaster (3cost risky poly + minion), up to cairne/black knight/sylvanas and I probably missed some other good ones.

Oh yeah, leeroy. Pretty much a game winner for a lot of rush decks, but rush decks still work without him. That's the sort of cardgame P2W that works fine. 7+ cost just doesn't have enough cheap cards really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I think trying to get back onto the topic is in order, if indeed anyone has anything to add to it. This trollfest is not getting anywhere.
    This just needs to be locked and any future posts locked as well. I can understand people who are frustrated by HS if they've never played a TCG before but this is how they all work and the fact that there's a new post about it Every. Damned. Week. is just getting boring. Obviously we all know "That Guy" who somehow took a deck of commons to worlds and can become grandmaster of games but it doesn't exist. Ever. I've read other people saying they took "unknown" decks to local tournaments and won but local tournaments are meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    This just needs to be locked and any future posts locked as well. I can understand people who are frustrated by HS if they've never played a TCG before but this is how they all work and the fact that there's a new post about it Every. Damned. Week. is just getting boring. Obviously we all know "That Guy" who somehow took a deck of commons to worlds and can become grandmaster of games but it doesn't exist. Ever. I've read other people saying they took "unknown" decks to local tournaments and won but local tournaments are meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    This is not how all TCG games work. Some of them have things like restricted lists and banned lists that level the playing field. Some of them require advanced understanding of game mechanics in order to eke out wins. Some of them require knowledge of probability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had my 15th or whatever Arena match. Gotta say, I've propably never been so mad as I am now.
    Not sure if I agree on Pay to win since packs can be earned through playing aswell, but the RNG is something... very maddening.
    (0-29 in 5 turns. Might aswell grow wings than play this shit.)
    Last edited by Cuppy; 2014-02-18 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

My opinion: Learn to build decks that beat up all of the expert AI decks before sending in that deck to fight real players.

You'll learn how the deck works and you'll be more likely to win. Plus, beating the expert AI gives you a free booster pack.

On top of that, look up which nuetral cards are best to use, and when they don't become so good, so that you can learn to draft Arena decks well. Though random, win enough games, get a good mindset on how to draft an arena deck among the heroes, and you'll practically be given free booster packs. Then D/E all the extras to make cards you don't have.

You really don't need to spend money in this game. It helps, but it's not necessary at all to succeed. This is a card game. RNG-sus may or may not be in your favor. That is the nature of card games.

Look around online, find out why some cards are good and some cards should be avoided. That's it. :/

frost nova - frost nova - cone of cold - flamestrike - ice barierr x2 - frostbolts with ice lance and pyro gg

you can check Kungen's last game when he got EU legend (current season), that druid had full board, healed >10 HP and eventually lost..I was raging only looking at it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    frost nova - frost nova - cone of cold - flamestrike - ice barierr x2 - frostbolts with ice lance and pyro gg

you can check Kungen's last game when he got EU legend (current season), that druid had full board, healed >10 HP and eventually lost..I was raging only looking at it lol
    I got beaten by something like that yesterday, except that the opponent had blizzard instead of flamestrike...

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Well I didn't say they are OP, but they are strong, and since some streamers classified them as strong the average joe is going to play them. 4 more games since my last post and it was 2 mages 2 paladins ^^
    Might be a totally different story at the top ranks (a friend of mine knows a guy who's like rank 4 on a ROGUE deck!), but I can't remember seeing a really strong Paladin play in any of my battles for a long time.

And I'd remember because I was originally a Paladin. QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think the most infuriating thing about the game is playing people who build decks and play the style of someone else who is smarter then them. They search online for the best decks and how to use them, Follow it to a tee and then brag themselves up as good. I think the best part of the game and also the worse for me is building my own decks with my own knowledge while not buying any packs and beating people who do the same thing over and over and over. It is satisfying when you win but infuriating when you lose and especially lose just by a turn or so.

Deleted
    I started winning like 50-60% of the matches but eventually I got my ass handed in in most of the matches, frustration got the best of me and i quit a few months ago.