Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sore Call Of Duty Loser Calls SWAT Team On Rival!!!

This has got to be the funniest stuff I've read in a really really long time.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-on-rival.aspx

Perform well enough in a Call of Duty match and you can call in helicopters and other reinforcements to help keep your streak alive. One Call of Duty player took things a little too far by phoning in a fake call to police, which resulted in a SWAT team knocking at his opponent’s door.

The drama unfolded after a match involving New York resident Rafael Costillo and a disgruntled fellow player. The scorned anonymous player called the police claiming to be Costillo and said that he’d just killed his mother, and that he “might shoot more people.” The prank caller also provided the police dispatcher Costillo’s address.

Eventually helicopters, squad cars, fire trucks, and over 60 cops descended on Costillo’s home. A two-hour long standoff occurred between the authorities and the Costillo residence. The police eventually entered the home and confirmed that the supposedly at-risk family was fine. Costillo was unable to hear the entire episode go down due to the headphones he was wearing while playing Call of Duty.

“It was probably just an evil little kid,” said an police officer to the New York Post. “We went and checked out the place and there was nothing there … It sucked up a lot of resources, caused traffic problems, and turned out to be a hoax.”

Still can't figure out how the person found this dude's address. And what is even more funny was that the dude had his head phones playing COD so he didn't even know what the fuck was happening outside his own home.

What would you do if something like this happens to you?

Having seen this happen to my sister (with no apparent cause, either), this is pretty much the least funny thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is XD
    Hey everyone

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Still can't figure out how the person found this dude's address.
    Reverse hacked his IP address.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a sick way it is pretty damn funny.

But really, what a waste of the officers time and resources. Hope they can trace the kids number and have him disciplined in some way.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lot of trouble believing this is true. Most police representatives don't say "it was probably just an evil little kid,"

Deleted
    inb4 people start saying "games are bad for you and should be banned!"

But seriously that moron should be thrown in prison for a few years so they learn their lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Maybe they should invest in Caller ID.
    Generally when people do this, they use a "deaf dialer" or whatever that service is. The net result is that it's not exactly traceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have a lot of trouble believing this is true. Most police representatives don't say "it was probably just an evil little kid,"
    http://capitalismisfreedom.com/polic...r-long-island/

That is the link and with pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could have been so much worse. Kinda hard to find it funny. Hope they find the guy and punish him. What a prick...

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha...yeah, because...haha...tying up police resources is so hilarious.

I mean, it's not like they've got anything better to do, is it?

Thank god nothing real happened that would require SWAT in that city during this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Haha...yeah, because...haha...tying up police resources is so hilarious.

I mean, it's not like they've got anything better to do, is it?
    We can at least say those cops had a safe few hours.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Track down the prank caller, send him the bill and sue him for the trouble he has caused to the victim (trauma or something, make it expensive)

That's not funny... not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just ridiculous, and hard to believe.

1> I can't believe he didn't hear the cops pounding on his door, blaring their sirens outside, and shouting at him to come out, as I assume they must have been. Seriously, that makes no sense, even with noise-cancelling headphones on. Not for two freaking hours.

2> 60 cops? This was a guy who said he'd killed a family member and was in a bad mental state. You definitely want to send a couple squad cars, but 60 cops and a SWAT team is massive overkill.

Damn, those must be some fucking good headphones...

didnt this same shit happen to the streamer Phantomlord? like almost the same thing, someone got his address somehow and it spread over the internet and someone called in a hostage situation at the address. along with 100 of false pizza orders to his house.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    60 cops? 2 hours? Didn't his parents alert him that the swat was outside?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-on-rival.aspx

Perform well enough in a Call of Duty match and you can call in helicopters and other reinforcements to help keep your streak alive. One Call of Duty player took things a little too far by phoning in a fake call to police, which resulted in a SWAT team knocking at his opponent’s door.

The drama unfolded after a match involving New York resident Rafael Costillo and a disgruntled fellow player. The scorned anonymous player called the police claiming to be Costillo and said that he’d just killed his mother, and that he “might shoot more people.” The prank caller also provided the police dispatcher Costillo’s address.

Eventually helicopters, squad cars, fire trucks, and over 60 cops descended on Costillo’s home. A two-hour long standoff occurred between the authorities and the Costillo residence. The police eventually entered the home and confirmed that the supposedly at-risk family was fine. Costillo was unable to hear the entire episode go down due to the headphones he was wearing while playing Call of Duty.

“It was probably just an evil little kid,” said an police officer to the New York Post. “We went and checked out the place and there was nothing there … It sucked up a lot of resources, caused traffic problems, and turned out to be a hoax.”

Still can't figure out how the person found this dude's address. And what is even more funny was that the dude had his head phones playing COD so he didn't even know what the fuck was happening outside his own home.

What would you do if something like this happens to you?
    this thread is now about hidden ad for good headphones ^_^

ot: i find it hard to belive that they sent 60 ppl for 1 guy
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

The cops could have been trigger happy and killed the prank victim. Hope prankster serves jail time, pays restitution to family + $100k to city.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is just ridiculous, and hard to believe.
    Like I said earlier, this has actually happened to my sister. Someone called the police using a deaf dialer or something, told them that "daddy shot mommy and he's looking for me", and the SWAT showed up at the door with guns drawn.

Little bit traumatic for my sister and her kids. Never did find out who was responsible, either.