Leeching in adventure mode

Anyone else noticing a steep rise in numbers of peopla afk´ing in town to leech caches? Farming better gloves and ring of royal grandeur recently, and in EVERY game there´s one person abusing the disabled kick-function, sometimes even two, making it impossible.

I understand the ratio behind disabling the kick function for x minutes to prevent abuse, but as it stands, this can be abused from the opposite side. This annoys the hell out of me.

Is it just me or do others feel the same?

Deleted
    The only multiplayer I take part in is with my RL friends and clanmates, during the weekend, if I'm drunk and if they ask me to join, so I personally haven't run into this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The only multiplayer I take part in is with my RL friends and clanmates, during the weekend, if I'm drunk and if they ask me to join, so I personally haven't run into this problem.
    What he said.

But what is the problem? Them being there doesn't decrease your drop rate, does it? If it is impossible for you to beat the monstars (AKA get drops) then they don't really "leech" cause it gives them nothing as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlink View Post
    What he said.

But what is the problem? Them being there doesn't decrease your drop rate, does it? If it is impossible for you to beat the monstars (AKA get drops) then they don't really "leech" cause it gives them nothing as well.
    In still increases the difficulty of the content however, slowing the progress down, if they're doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    In still increases the difficulty of the content however, slowing the progress down, if they're doing nothing.
    Of course a little annoying, but is it a huge problem?
    I don't get why they don't join, though. Exp for them and less waiting.

I simply hate the fact split farming bounties exist.

Anyway, disable public games and quick join for friends to avoid that - at least it's what i've done, all firends of mine apart a couple are just in teamspeak with me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

Anyway, disable public games and quick join for friends to avoid that - at least it's what i've done, all firends of mine apart a couple are just in teamspeak with me.
    Same.. It is annoying to be the most effective you have to be 3 at least, and 4 at best.

What he said.

You gain something like 25% magic and gold find per party member within 50 yards.

What he said.

But if you have 4 active ppl you can do split clears, even if you cant solo, you go 2 x 2, anyway you turn it, afk players are not helping and only slowing down your play.

Difficulty is not the problem, i´m farming caches on normal so I can onehit everything anyway, it´s just that people get rewarded the same as the people doing the work and claim the spot of someone who could have helped speeding the process up. PLUS they slow any boss encounter down since they timeout the question if they want to join. It´s the same as idling in lfr in WoW, except that in WoW it´s WAY easier to spot and kick afk people.

Generally if I enter a game, start a bounty, and don't get help within a minute or 2, I'll just leave the game. It happens, but not all that often. *shrug*. And yes, split farming is annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the vote kick disabled? (haven't played for a week or two)

Deleted
    I play on HC and when I play adventure mode everyone is always running and trying to complete them asap. Almost never someone afking in town.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    No just kicked someone yesterday. You just need to be in town to start it.

Yes that's why you don't play public games. It's lfr all over again and no Blizzard won't change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That one I can agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    From what I have been told there is a function similar to the kick protection in lfr. Not sure though if that's the case I just played one public game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    From what I have been told there is a function similar to the kick protection in lfr. Not sure though if that's the case I just played one public game.
    Interesting, I wonder how it works.

For a second there I was both happy and sad. Vote kick needs to be there for AFKers but I've been kicked for stupid stuff. I always try to do T4 rifts but I get kicked a lot for being only paragon 160. Never mind the fact that I'm super geared and can easily carry my own weight. >>

Deleted
    I guess the problem here is that they also get the bounty caches without doing anything for it, while still giving monsters higher HP and making people wait 1 minute for boss queries, like OP said in his/her post.
    You cannot kick them because they just open a menu or a trader and go afk.

I read on Reddit that you can initiate a trade with them, cancel the trade and then kick them since it automatically closes their vendor windows.
    Haven't had the chance (thankfully) to try that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaith View Post

I read on Reddit that you can initiate a trade with them, cancel the trade and then kick them since it automatically closes their vendor windows.
    Haven't had the chance (thankfully) to try that, though.
    Ah thank you, will try that next time. And i really don´t know how that kick protection works exactely, just says "you can´t kick yet".
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2014-04-24 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Say do its works i love kicking AFKers when i just decide to do some fast normal runs