View Poll Results: You steal: 10 years or a hand?

Voters
210. This poll is closed
  • 10 years in prison

142 67.62%
  • I lose a hand

68 32.38%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    dammit, I picked lose my hand thinking, well there is no internet in prison, and I couldn't play games... so take the hand! Wait...one hand how am I gonna play?

Deleted
    as a gamer losing a hand would be hell, also 10 years jail without gaming sux to, i'd think i'd let them kut my food off or something lol

Lose a hand. Can get a mechanical one or a transplant, don't wanna lose a portion of my life.

Yeah, I'd probably kill myself as well.

I choose a hand, modern prosthetic are coming along nicely, not too long before we have Luke Skywalker hands available to us, But only as long as I get to choose the hand. If it was my Left good riddance, but my right there is now way I could function.

You can have my arm.

sure ill cut off some dudes hand to steal stuff
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Really don't get the people who say they would kill themselves , do you not have anything to live for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    Really don't get the people who say they would kill themselves , do you not have anything to live for?
    Some people have relatively positive views on what death is (like me). Losing an arm or 10 years of your life may drastically reduce your enjoyment of life, making suicide look ok. I'm not sure how much I'd consider killing myself, but I wouldn't toss it out the window too fast.

Deleted
    I'd give up my left hand.

It's really sad, isn't it? These people have such opinions on things and yet find their lives so meaningless they would rather no exist than deal with the consequences of their actions. Almost like some of them are just machines who can only parse through single arguments at the time and return with a True / False reading, finding no meaning in life.

Actually, that's almost definitely what they are.
    Call me Cassandra

Deleted
    Ehmm, Nothing...mmm, kay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    I'm guessing if you are stealing... You probably won't have the $$$ for that.
    Stealing isn't always about not having the money for something.

Depends on what is being stolen. Now, going into a random store and stealing a cheapo item, both cases are extreme. So neither. Give some back ground to the question like whats being stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Stealing isn't always about not having the money for something.
    Indeed. Depends on if you value it at the price too. For example, 80cents for a can of soda here in the US at my local gas station. Now, do I have that? Yup. Would I pay that for a can? Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Depends on what is being stolen. Now, going into a random store and stealing a cheapo item, both cases are extreme. So neither. Give some back ground to the question like whats being stolen.
    What is being stolen isn't really relevant to this hypothetical question. It's either losing a hand or 10 years in prison. Now what I'd like to know is what kind prison we are talking about.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather lose a hand than lose 10 years of my life, the amount of things you can get done in 10 years pales in comparison to a mere hand. I've once seen a lady with no arms that can accomplish what some cannot do with their arms such as typing, knitting, painting, cooking and more.

But then again, i would never steal no matter how desperate i am, there is always another way.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

I'm kind of already of the opinion that life is tedious, often unpleasant, but livable. Tip the scale too far, though, and just ending it seems the better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What is being stolen isn't really relevant to this hypothetical question. It's either losing a hand or 10 years in prison. Now what I'd like to know is what kind prison we are talking about.

You flip a coin.

Guantanamo bay - ''Congratulations you have just won yourself a 10 year luxury stay in Cuba's most desired hot spot , Activities include watersports! (Waterboarding)''

Or you could get ;

Bastoy prison , Norway

''This minimum security prison colony is located on Bastoy Island in the middle of the Oslofjord. It houses slightly over 100 inmates who live in small cottages and work on the prison farm. Sunbathing in addition to tennis, fishing and horseback riding are the preferred pastimes of the prisoners.''

I think I would pick prison time and flip the coin , just for the fucking sake of it.
    Last edited by RoryTee; 2014-06-03 at 08:39 PM.

Guantanamo bay - ''Congratulations you have just won yourself a 10 year luxury stay in Cuba's most desired hot spot, Activities include watersports! (Waterboarding)''
    I lolled

Meh, I think I could do without my left hand I won't need it for point-and-clicking games

Glad I life in a country where you'll only go to jail for 10 years max for murder. If you steal something here, you'll only get told to not do it again, and that's it. Usually they skip all the prison-times and big fines here because they think 'criminals got it hard enough as they have to go through heavy emotional times'.