Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

State of the game??

Hey everyone, so Im curious as to what the state of the game is currently. I played a Sith Juggernaut and was enjoying it until I hit about level 42 and got EXTREMELY bored of Voss.

Any insight? Might I enjoy it as a casual time-sink? Are juggs in a better place than they were within the first year of launch?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started at launch and stopped playing out of boredom.

1. 50+ is a grind fest, but you will run into other players.
    2. Prepare to get curb stomped if you try to attack a player wearing pvp gear. I watched (cloaked) 1v3 and the 1 walk away. PvP gear means everything if you are into that scene.
    3. Juggs are fun and have (imo) the best animations and sound in the game.

I'm not into Operations anymore so take it with a grain.
    You cared enough to post.

50+ is the same as most other MMOs. Do stuff, get loot. Repeat. Raids/dungeons/dailies/warzones.

PvP gear is not what it was unless you are talking about open world. Everyone is bolstered up to respectable expertise (~1800) which is pretty close to the cap anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Juggs are a lot of fun and very fluid in rage builders and spenders. You don't have to worry. Of all the final planets. Voss is easily the most boring of them all. The story line on the planet isn't as fun as Belsavis and Corellia. Levelling as a Sentinel and I am not looking forward to Voss. Which is surprising, since Voss doesn't have that many quests compared to the other two. Just the travel is messed up. Which makes levelling fun or not.

I haven't been in an Op since Makeb was released though. But Makeb itself was pretty fun.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We probably need some specific questions to fully answer what the state of the game is... People play it, there are regular updates, and it's a much more refined game than it was at launch. It's a great time sink for free, but feels a little slow without XP boosts or the buff from being a subscriber. Still has the best story leveling of any MMO, but all the task quests are repetitive and make it feel grindy at times. As a subscriber you can add in content diversity to keep it fresher, like PvP and Space.
    BAD WOLF

I can't believe WoW is opening beta for Warlords of Draenor today, and SWTOR still hasn't reached out with further info on Strongholds or the 3.0 level-cap expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    I can't believe WoW is opening beta for Warlords of Draenor today, and SWTOR still hasn't reached out with further info on Strongholds or the 3.0 level-cap expansion.
    Considering BioWare has actually been releasing content in the past 10 months while WoW has done nothing...yeah...about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering BioWare has actually been releasing content in the past 10 months while WoW has done nothing...yeah...about that.
    Not to mention one game keeps announcing features being cut while making this amazing progress on their beta while the other has been delivering pretty much everything they've been saying for the last year. I think I know which development style I prefer.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not to mention one game keeps announcing features being cut while making this amazing progress on their beta while the other has been delivering pretty much everything they've been saying for the last year. I think I know which development style I prefer.
    This was actually SO sarcastic, I legitimately can't tell how you feel!

I really want the info update alluded to by Musco and the new girl, but it's so late in the month and still nothing. I can admit it, I'm addicted to the constant info/twitter dialogue/datamining done on the front page of this site daily. Is it so wrong to wish other developers try to keep up? Marvel Heroes and the Gazillion devs actually come sort of close.

I'm not happy with the lack of WoW updates on live servers personally, but it's expected ever since the year of Icecrown and Dragon Soul separately. That and even though the content is stale for me, Blizzard is engaging daily about forthcoming content and ran the Azeroth Choppers series to try and build interest/maintain relevance with the community. SWTOR may have run content patches but they've been pretty unfulfilling to me. Regardless, I'm still interested in what's coming, and the relative silence is really frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was being 100% serious. Blizzard is busy not releasing content and continuously announcing removed features, like the latest one where horde and alliance no longer get epic central hubs at lore based locations and instead are getting shunted into generic hovels right on the pvp zone borders. People are flipping out. SWTOR has been delivering pretty dead on over the last year. I'm very proud of them even though I don't play it often. I'll try to get back before housing launches, but if nothing I'll be back for a month when that happens and probably level a new character again.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I was being 100% serious. Blizzard is busy not releasing content and continuously announcing removed features, like the latest one where horde and alliance no longer get epic central hubs at lore based locations and instead are getting shunted into generic hovels right on the pvp zone borders. People are flipping out. SWTOR has been delivering pretty dead on over the last year. I'm very proud of them even though I don't play it often. I'll try to get back before housing launches, but if nothing I'll be back for a month when that happens and probably level a new character again.
    OK, it was just very vague to me then. Your points about WoW are valid, but I couldn't tell if it was referencing SWTOR cutting the ranked 8v8s and the sudden decision to embargo the newest cartel pack immediately after criticism of its incorrect tooltips, drop rates %s, and pricing to unlock in the collections menu.

I personally don't feel the expansion capital movement is bad to me, or even really a feature, but to go into further depth in beyond the scope of this topic. I'll just say I disagree, but respect the way you feel.

I WANT SOME DAMN INFO DROPS BIOWARE. As mad as Blizzard is upsetting people with their updates and changes, at least we know what's happening and they'll discuss it with players. I'd love to see the same from your community managers!
    Last edited by Gelda82; 2014-06-27 at 08:32 PM. Reason: forum glitch/double post

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just say I disagree, but respect the way you feel.
    I mean to be fair I'm not as heavily involved, so I've missed things that changed with their development, but for SWTOR to match the level of backpedaling and stagnation Blizzard has been doing they would have to announce that they will no longer have customizable housing of any kind and instead you get a new private club area on the fleet while also not providing any game updates for a year. I don't see that happening ever with this game.
    BAD WOLF

I really want the info update alluded to by Musco and the new girl, but it's so late in the month and still nothing. I can admit it, I'm addicted to the constant info/twitter dialogue/datamining done on the front page of this site daily. Is it so wrong to wish other developers try to keep up? Marvel Heroes and the Gazillion devs actually come sort of close.

I'm not happy with the lack of WoW updates on live servers personally, but it's expected ever since the year of Icecrown and Dragon Soul separately. That and even though the content is stale for me, Blizzard is engaging daily about forthcoming content and ran the Azeroth Choppers series to try and build interest/maintain relevance with the community. SWTOR may have run content patches but they've been pretty unfulfilling to me. Regardless, I'm still interested in what's coming, and the relative silence is really frustrating.
    I would think of it this way, Swtor is fun for the time being but I got bored with it at end game since it didn't have that "lively" feel to it. It gives content at a steady pace it seems but, like I said, I think of it as I would rather wait for amazing content rather than have constant "so-so" content.

Swtor has something going for itself and players do like the business model of getting decent content at a steady pace which works for it. They decided to adopt the F2P model for reasons that are obvious but it's still pretty ok to play. Blizzard is one company trying to give out content not only for 5 games currently but also a 6th game, a movie, and the convention which I wish I had the time to go to and they are doing it well. Sure there is a gap but the reward for waiting so long ends up making up for it. There is a reason why WoW is still #1.

Point is, play what you feel like playing. I played Swtor since I heard it went F2P and I was unsubbed from WoW to save money on gas since my classes our out of town but once I had my budget balanced again I quit Swtor and went back to WoW. There will ALWAYS be that negative person who perceives lack of content for a short time to be a death call for them but they tend to overreact since I am experiencing the same gap and I am not complaining

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Musik-Diversity86

Your avatar is mesmerizing.

9/10

I'm starting to see a ton of Juggs running around Orion.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    anyone else thinking about coming back for the double xp?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    anyone else thinking about coming back for the double xp?
    When is that? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When is that? >.>
    Wanted to know myself so I looked it up:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    FROM STORY MISSIONS TO PvP WARZONES, ADVANCE AT DOUBLE THE SPEED!

Get Double XP between July 1-7 during the following times:

• STARTS: Tuesday, July 1, 2014, 11AM PDT / 6PM GMT
    • ENDS: Monday, July 7, 2014, 12AM PDT / 7AM GMT

Achieve even faster gains with XP Boosts, available in the Cartel Market. Level 55 players can also earn double Legacy XP – so jump in now!

BAD WOLF

I believe it is also double warzone coms
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Deleted
    I believe KDY will be getting some stick this week then.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I started at launch and stopped playing out of boredom.

1. 50+ is a grind fest, but you will run into other players.
    2. Prepare to get curb stomped if you try to attack a player wearing pvp gear. I watched (cloaked) 1v3 and the 1 walk away. PvP gear means everything if you are into that scene.
    3. Juggs are fun and have (imo) the best animations and sound in the game.

I'm not into Operations anymore so take it with a grain.
    dunno, I'd say 50-55 in SWtOR is much less grindy than even the nerfed WoW 85-90, and quicker than the last couple levels of Rift (I think around 57 it 'felt' like it was getting insane).

You can avoid Voss if you want to through FPs, KDY, etc