Deleted

What to replace Vuhdo with?

I've been always using Vuhdo since I started healing in tier 11, but apparently there isn't going to be any support for it in WoD so I might aswell replace it now and get used to something else.
    What is the best out there at the moment?
    I want something that's very customizable and user friendly (like vuhdo), I've heard people talk about healbot and grid2 but I've never tried neither of those.

Deleted
    I think Grid is the most similar to Vuhdo. Healbot is also nice and gives you the options to bind spells to buttons that only work in those raid frames. I haven't used any of those addons since blizzard improved their raid frames, though. Those work fine for me.

shit!.. i love vuhdo..

could not get grid to work how i wanted, and healbot was laggy.. perhaps i'll have to give in game frames another go.. however they seemed pretty limited last time i checked (a couple months back)..

bugger bugger bugger.. i hope they do support vuhdo in WoD.

VuhDo is too widely loved to not get supported, someone will take over at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    I've been always using Vuhdo since I started healing in tier 11, but apparently there isn't going to be any support for it in WoD so I might aswell replace it now and get used to something else.

WHAAAAT?? I hope someone else takes over That and Stuf are my two can't-live-without addons!

Grid works... okay. But the customization for VuhDo is far superior.

I got tired of the bugs and messy configuration of VuhDo and went back to Grid.

I suppose for me VuhDo mostly had too many things going on with the default settings and I only really used it for the dynamic profile switch based on raid size. That's not possible with Grid and none of the Grid modules actually do that (they change layouts but not profiles, so the anchoring & size can't be changed). But I found this post and this post so I was able to make my own addon that switches profiles based on how many group members you have. Just note that GetNumRaidMembers() has to be changed to GetNumGroupMembers() to make it work. If only someone made that a proper addon to be able to make it character specific, which layout gets chosen after which number of group members. *fingers crossed*

Anyways, I like Grid because it has easy in-game configuration (I know I'm not the only one who has spent literally an hour or more trying to find some option you know exists), and various plugins make it quite flexible. I've modified my own Grid to a small extent, for example having that profile changing addon, and allowed for wider bars and added the option to change the health bar color (background color is class colored).

I can't really figure out what VuhDo does that Grid with plugins doesn't and VuhDo configuration system always causes me a huge headache and symptoms of frustration. I even prefer Clique for mouseover/click casting because it doesn't matter if you're targeting your player/target/tot unit frames or you raid frame. But then again I don't play a healer, so that might largely affect my point of view.

I thought to do click-casting with Grid , it needed Clique? If that is the case it is not the same as Vuh'do, honestly I've used both Healbot and Vuh'do and they are very simiiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    I can't really figure out what VuhDo does that Grid with plugins doesn't and VuhDo configuration system always causes me a huge headache and symptoms of frustration. I even prefer Clique for mouseover/click casting because it doesn't matter if you're targeting your player/target/tot unit frames or you raid frame. But then again I don't play a healer, so that might largely affect my point of view.
    I like VuhDo way more than Grid (I thought I would be a Grid lifer at one point) because the customization - if you know what you're doing - is superb. I haven't had any errors or issues at all. I love the bouquets and the priority system you can set up (I play a healer too and don't need to see some things, like the warlock's debuff for whatever it is they always have up, or the DK's stacks, etc) but want to see others. I love the animation of the debuffs when they get an additional stack.

I love that you can change the size, font, colour, opacity, location, etc of pretty much everything. Unless the plugins have changed drastically over the past year or two for Grid, they certainly don't provide me with the same utility as VuhDo's options. That's just my opinion though.

I use clique too rather than VuhDo's built in mouseover system. I have no idea why though. Habit probably.

I recommend ElvUI + Clique.
    You can checkout my ElvUI plugin below that I made for AoE healing suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    I thought to do click-casting with Grid , it needed Clique? If that is the case it is not the same as Vuh'do, honestly I've used both Healbot and Vuh'do and they are very simiiar.
    It's not the same, but I think that Clique (with any raid frame) is superior just because you can use the same click-actions on your own unit / target frames rather than just your raid frame. For instance I use PitBull for player, target, target-of-target and main tank frames, and if I wanted to click cast something on my target/tank/tot, it didn't work when I had set the binding with Vuhdo. Don't know if Healbot allows you to use the bindings on other frames, but I'd rather have something that covers everything rather than have overlapping functionalities because I anyways need Clique to do the stuff Vuhdo can't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    I like VuhDo way more than Grid (I thought I would be a Grid lifer at one point) because the customization - if you know what you're doing - is superb. I haven't had any errors or issues at all. I love the bouquets and the priority system you can set up (I play a healer too and don't need to see some things, like the warlock's debuff for whatever it is they always have up, or the DK's stacks, etc) but want to see others. I love the animation of the debuffs when they get an additional stack.
    I hated the animations, so spammy But I can see the benefit when the whole raid isn't getting spammed by stacks. It was quite annoying to have to go through the list of (de)buffs to disable animations, because setting default settings for (de)buffs doesn't affect the preset list of auras. I'm on the fence with VuhDo vs. Grid for the debuff/buff system. VuhDo is a lot more flexible in that it can show multiple debuffs side by side, but I prefer how debuffs/buffs are setup in Grid, and most of the time there's only 1 or 2 important debuffs to check for, or maybe more than that but they all won't be on the same person at the same time. In that sense, VuhDo's debuff display feels somewhat bloated and distracting, and I have to resort to a whitelist rather than a blacklist, which is what Grid uses anyway. But again, I only tank/dps and I'm not the raid nazi, so I mostly only care about tank stacks and my own (e.g. in SoO I can't really think of anything other than the various Dark Shaman debuffs I want to see in raid frames, on all other bosses it's enough to look at my MT frames).

I had issues with the healthbar color not changing back to normal after someone was ressed (I changed the indicator to be pink when dead, and it stays pink after a ress for until I open VuhDo options which I can't do in combat or some magical event occurs maybe 5 minutes later). Also when a group is forming some healtbars are bugged and I again have to open options to refresh them. I've also gotten some error messages in combat but I can't remember what it was related to, as I haven't used it for a while. It's also quite annoying that if you save a profile, and then just open the options again and do nothing but try to close it, suddenly there are "13 changes" that are not saved to your profile if you just try to close it with cancel. Sigh. The VD options are also somewhat difficult to navigate around in the sense that there are overlapping options in bouquet and panel settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    I love that you can change the size, font, colour, opacity, location, etc of pretty much everything. Unless the plugins have changed drastically over the past year or two for Grid, they certainly don't provide me with the same utility as VuhDo's options. That's just my opinion though.
    I dislike that the 2 text "indicators" are tied together and can't adjust their distance. It's the same in Grid though, but VD seems to offer more flexible configuration yet text indicators are really limited. But I always come up with options that I would like to have, so nothing's perfect unless I can configure absolutely everything in-game. I think GridStatusControlPipes makes Grid extremely powerful, but I'm not an expert on that. I just used it on Chimaeron in BWD

Now that I checked Grid2 again, it actually seems quite interesting and by default a lot more flexible than Grid (not going to say anything about VuhDo). I don't know how I missed the point of how it can actually be configured! I have to play around and see if I can get it setup. Lack of external plugins and the lack of updates and responses to comments/tickets is a bit concerning though. I'm sort of dreaming of a Grid-VuhDo hybrid.

A Grid-VuhDo hybrid would be wonderful actually. Covers all bases

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    I recommend ElvUI + Clique.
    You can checkout my ElvUI plugin below that I made for AoE healing suggestions.
    Link?

Also in configuring ElvUI, I'm having the darnest time trying to figure out how to make the raid bars show up properly in unique situations.

For example, one RL in 25m raids likes to use group 6 (along with 1~5) to evenly split up the groups for Spoils. But each time I try to use the group 6 (in 25m setting) in ElvUI it freaks out (1 white box with all raid icons stacked). I don't have this issue with VuhDo.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Link?
    It's in his signature

7+ Year Old Account
    I am with Clebane, ElvUI plus Clique is good. And I hope ElvUI is forever supported. I can't imagine living without it.

I do know some who use ElvUI and Vudu but, they don't use Clique. My problem with Healbot is I want to heal right on the frame and not have extra frames to manage. ElvUI gives me appropriate information as far as my shields, HoTS and tank stacks, and you can customize it to show other debuffs by ID Spell number.

I've been using Grid for as long as I can remember, and it hasn't let me down once. It's my personal choice, though obviously it may not work as well for you. If you're used to mouseover casting, get Clique too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s