Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    And I'm not. The production director (J. Allen Brack) even came out saying it was a troll and something they had tested and decided not to implement in the game (not scrapped because of time or anything, it just didn't work). You know, sometime the developers try stuff totally random (this time taken from a joke) to see if it would actually work or not. This is done for pretty much shits and giggles and these features won't be implemented if it doesn't work.
    you're clueless. Do you know what goes into creating new dance animations for characters? It's a pain in the ass to animate 3D models... They didn't do it for shits and giggles.

You know what's taking so long to create the new models? It's because they have to create hundreds of little animations for each race. Creating a 3D character doesn't take long, but the animations can take a really long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Rush it, sick of SoO.

I'd rather have an early release then more content along the road with more patches than a late release with everything at once. I think Blizzard need to slow the flow of patches this time around, and give more regular content and less big patches. It's really ok for Tannan to be released later. The fact is, it's not deleted, not even delayed, it's just release later to give space to the expension story. I really disagree that the release content should be this massive overwhelming addition to the game. The start of the expension need to be full of stuff to do, but the pacing of patches should keep us always busy, not like it's the case now.

Always have content is much better than All content at first followed by no content for months.

You know what's taking so long to create the new models? It's because they have to create hundreds of little animations for each race. Creating a 3D character doesn't take long, but the animations can take a really long time.
    You probably have no idea what you're talking about. The creation of 3D character is not easy and do take a long time du make. I work as a CG artist and I can assure you it's a long task that requires a bunch of different people to do. There is modeling, UVs, texture, shading, rigging, etc.. and there is different people with different skills for each step.
    That said, I agree that animation take a long time but it's a job that can be done by much more differents artists than modeling or texturing (often a one-man job).

Deleted
    how can someone call "rushed" something that took 2 years...i will never understand this really....if anything they should start to speed the hell up and have this expansion FINALLY released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Take your time and release it when it's ready otherwise it won't be good.
    Totally agree.
    The amount of things they scrap or remove is just sick.

Not all player models
    No Trail of the Gladiator.
    No Tabard tab.
    No Heirloom tab.
    No Tanaan Jungle
    No new battlegrounds
    Crappy capital cities now to replace the dev. time to make good ones in Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon valley

If you are going to do this then just remove the hole exp. packs idea and just release it with patches.
    I mean we now launch with 6 zones, we are now 1 year along having SoO and no content.

Thats 2-3 months a zone we are getting. This could just aswell been patches!

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    You probably have no idea what you're talking about. The creation of 3D character is not easy and do take a long time du make. I work as a CG artist and I can assure you it's a long task that requires a bunch of different people to do. There is modeling, UVs, texture, shading, rigging, etc.. and there is different people with different skills for each step.
    That said, I agree that animation take a long time but it's a job that can be done by much more differents artists than modeling or texturing (often a one-man job).
    Your entire post is pointless when you realize that I didn't say it was easy... I just said it doesn't take as long as animation. I have created and animated many characters. I know what goes into each process. Animation is by far the most annoying. Especially when you have so many unique playable character models that have to have hundreds of animations each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I completely agree with the title of this thread, but finishing the belf models and making Ashran huge would slow the expansion down.

The Tanaan Jungle content has been said to be part of a future patch, so I don't see why you would want to go there beyond exploring. They'd have to make another zone for a patch at that point.

Steady > Slow > Rushed is my view on it.

- Take your time and finish making capital cities in Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon valley
    - Complete all new character models (including blood elves)
    - Don't cut Garrison features that were announced at Blizzcon
    - Don't delay Tanaan Jungle content until 6.1 patch
    - Don't scratch the idea of heirlooms tab
    - Make Ashran a huge PvP island as promised - not a small PvE island with PvP elements

For the first time I think WoD is actually being rushed. Take your time and release it when it's ready otherwise it won't be good.
    By the time they finish what you listed, half of their player base would be unsubbed (a bit exaggerating you get the deal). They have a pathetic development pace and they know it. Blizzard is desperate to release this game before SoO patch breaks all records . The development and management of this x-pack seems like an epicfail.

Anytime people say that other needs to be patient and all that Jazz, I will remember these statements.

People cannot even wait an hour for a god damn meal without complaining about it.

SoO has been out for over a year. We are in the LARGEST content drought we have ever seen, by the time the expansion launches. This after heavy statements of more and faster content.

Things are adding up into the most cut and rushed expansion to date. You have a right to complain, you have a right to be concerned, and don't let anyone else tell you different. The length, with the cost, and the amount of content we are getting is horrendous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by above4w View Post
    i don't understand what is so difficult about the heirlooms tab. this is what frusterates me the most about blizzard. they get $15 a month from what 8 million people? thats $120 million right there in a year. Plus all the money from mounts, pets, expacs, realm changes, and 90 boosts. I think they probably make $200 million a year, expac every 2 years so thats 400 mill they should be able to spend at least half after paying employees on an expac. How hard is an heirloom tab exactly? Mark all heirlooms with a unique ID and add some code for another tab on the mount and pet page, it does not seem that intensive of a process at all. I know its not! It just seems like they end up pocketing most revenue when alot more should go into development.
    Your way off my friend they made 1.2 Billion last year and I think 2 Billion or more for the MoP Expansion alone . LOl They have plenty of money to develop anything they want . It just that Blizzard like to keep all the money and from day one I been hollering this . They give us at most 5% return for our dollar compare to what they spend on making the game . Its horrible how little they care or give back They have truly become a fat cat and Laughing at us while going to the bank to count their money .

- Take your time and finish making capital cities in Frostfire Ridge and Shadowmoon valley
    - Complete all new character models (including blood elves)
    - Don't cut Garrison features that were announced at Blizzcon
    - Don't delay Tanaan Jungle content until 6.1 patch
    - Don't scratch the idea of heirlooms tab
    - Make Ashran a huge PvP island as promised - not a small PvE island with PvP elements

For the first time I think WoD is actually being rushed. Take your time and release it when it's ready otherwise it won't be good.
    all of that plus Trials of the Gladiator would take at least until June 2015, they are already corner cutting to make it until December.

And yes, this means other features will get delayed and later cut completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm gonna just say this and maybe you'll read it:

The new races.

Are the equivalent.

For 20+ new races.

Every expansion that races have been added, they've added a simple 4 (including male/female).

Do the math from there.
    The new models have new starting areas and new racials?! WoW! They are just like completely new races!

Deleted
    I totally agree with OP but no one really has any clue as to what's going on there. Everyone on this forum speaks as if they are a Blizzard dev or software dev in general but no one knows for sure how long it would take to accomplish OPs list. When is too late?

I think if its another 6 months required to include all of the above, then do it. Subs will be lost waiting but subs will be lost if the expansion is sub par.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    The new models have new starting areas and new racials?! WoW! They are just like completely new races!
    Oh my God, the Pandaren had a very small starting zone, the Goblin starting zone isn't when accessible, and Gilneas is barren?!

Oh my God, racials were completely redone this expansion, so yeah, they do have new racials.

If you're going to come at me like that, come at me with some actual facts instead of looking like a fool, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Rush it, sick of SoO.
    My feelings exactly - one more farm night and I may well lose the will to live xD

ive thought patches was the way to go for a while now rather than expacs. I think blizz probably knows this is ideal as well, but there is probably conflict because they cannot profit as much without paid expansions. They also lose a LOT of hype and advertisement during an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer a release it now and include things like belfs/ jungle in a patch, i haven't played wow for 8months and it's starting to get tedious, i've pretty much ran out of other games i wanted to play QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    How was ICC this bad? At least it had a filler raid, albeit only 1 boss and 3 minibosses.
    Well in that case I say release it even faster then! Don't give us false hope Blizz, then tear it all away from us! At this rate I'm not sure I'll even play the next expansion with everything that's being cut and delayed.

Apparently they've been working on this expansion since before MoP which is really weird...

10+ Year Old Account
    0% agree, Incomplete > nothing.

So, I would like to play 6.0 right now even if it's not done instead of not playing at all.

Beta is boring because it's temporary and everything will be lost.

I don't understand why people really want a finished game, mmorpg are never finished and most people always play beta/alpha because they cant wait...
    Last edited by reemi; 2014-07-31 at 10:52 PM.