It must work different for tanks then. Every single time I've tried to use the Special Action button for Fading Light, once I come out Ultraxion has gone Immune and is casting his raid wipe. I thought it was that you can't have the entire raid out of the Twilight Realm, but after looking it up, I believe that's just for when he's casting Hour of Twilight.

As for beating Ultraxion, even at 585, there are times where he just blitz's my Voidwalker and its game over. Usually beating him for me goes hand in hand with how long my Tank is up. If I can keep my first Voidwalker up until after the 1st Hour of Twilight, it's usually a kill. The fight definitely has an element of RNG to it.

I've found Ultraxion to be far easier as affliction since you can get super powered dots to bring him down very quickly. I'm at 585 now and the last time I killed him he died just after hour of twilight was cast. I've also had a few kills where I killed him just before it was cast.

As far as the extra action button, it shouldn't prematurely end the fight if you use it on fading light, only if you use it on hour of twilight and HoT hits no one (or less than 2 on 10H).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

The only way to die to Fading Light is if he bugs out and applies it to you twice. Happens constantly on my tank. You fade out to avoid 1, and the 2nd kills you.

Deleted
    When soloing Ultraxion, I always get Fading Light twice. You use your Special Button on ~4.5s remaining on the first Fading Light and then again as soon as it's ready as long as that's <5s remaining on the second Fading Light.
    Fading Light normally has a 10s duration, the second one often gets applied with less than that. Makes it so you have to pay attention to your debuffs at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    When soloing Ultraxion, I always get Fading Light twice. You use your Special Button on ~4.5s remaining on the first Fading Light and then again as soon as it's ready as long as that's <5s remaining on the second Fading Light.
    Fading Light normally has a 10s duration, the second one often gets applied with less than that. Makes it so you have to pay attention to your debuffs at least...

Except, your post is bullshit. If you get 2 debuffs, you're DEAD, period, no matter what. When the first debuff expires, you zone back into the Twilight phase automatically and your ability to fade out is still on CD. 2nd debuff expires, you die.

If you're going to post, don't lie. Someone will call you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Except, your post is bullshit. If you get 2 debuffs, you're DEAD, period, no matter what. When the first debuff expires, you zone back into the Twilight phase automatically and your ability to fade out is still on CD. 2nd debuff expires, you die.

If you're going to post, don't lie. Someone will call you out.
    Actually, under some circumstances you can survive 2 fading lights. You can do this because the button cd is 5 seconds and duration is also 5 seconds. Conditions: >5 sec before first FL. You push the button ~5 seconds before first debuff falls off, and push the button again as soon as it becomes available. But that requires luck, good reaction and low latency.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Actually, under some circumstances you can survive 2 fading lights. You can do this because the button cd is 5 seconds and duration is also 5 seconds. Conditions: >5 sec before first FL. You push the button ~5 seconds before first debuff falls off, and push the button again as soon as it becomes available. But that requires luck, good reaction and low latency.
    This is exactly what I meant. Except it was never problematic for me latency-wise. Every death I just blamed on me being brain afk and not watching my debuffs properly...
    I have not tested how Fading Light works when Ultraxion is hitting a pet. That might be totally different from what I am describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    This is exactly what I meant. Except it was never problematic for me latency-wise. Every death I just blamed on me being brain afk and not watching my debuffs properly...
    I have not tested how Fading Light works when Ultraxion is hitting a pet. That might be totally different from what I am describing.
    The boss doesn't cast fading light when he hits a pet, at least for me
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

When I was doing it as a tank, the debuffs always had less than 2 seconds between them. I believe its because the Tank one is a set duration and the ones applied to non-tanks are different. My bad, either way.

Deleted
    I think it's mostly a problem with the normal approach to Fading Light and the extra button. If you played that boss while it was current tier, you were taught to use the button as late as possible to squeeze out some more DPS on the boss, because it was pretty tight.
    For soloing it's kind of the same, you want to keep the chances of it despawning due to bugs as low as possible and finish it as fast as possible. So you use the extra button with <1s remaining on the debuff.
    When I did this boss a week ago with some guildies, they didn't know that the "Heroic Will" ability actually had a 5s duration. For soloing you have to use those characteristics.

I've also noticed different durations upon application(I think it's 10s on the first, 2-3s into it the second one with 5s duration gets casted).

Well, thanks for the Fading Light info. I just came to the conclusion that I was doomed if he ever got Fading Light on me. I'll watch for that 2nd debuff (never thought to even look). That sounds exactly like what happens. This is one encounter I'm hoping comes out simpler after the squish.

On a separate note: Has anyone tried soloing MoP content on Beta (mostly ToT stuff and Elegon for mounts). Curious how things work out with the new squish vs buff against lower level targets thing is working. Hoping the content is challenging but doable. Don't want to faceroll it, but also would like it to be doable with the proper gear/play.

Quote Originally Posted by dethkrik View Post
    Well, thanks for the Fading Light info. I just came to the conclusion that I was doomed if he ever got Fading Light on me. I'll watch for that 2nd debuff (never thought to even look). That sounds exactly like what happens. This is one encounter I'm hoping comes out simpler after the squish.

On a separate note: Has anyone tried soloing MoP content on Beta (mostly ToT stuff and Elegon for mounts). Curious how things work out with the new squish vs buff against lower level targets thing is working. Hoping the content is challenging but doable. Don't want to faceroll it, but also would like it to be doable with the proper gear/play.
    Yeah, I always focused a nuke tactic and at 570 ilevel, as long as my voidlord stays alive at least until the hour of twilight, I can finish him off easily. As for PTR testing, I've heard some horror stories from people about them no longer being able to solo yogg or LK or ultraxion, but I haven't had a chance to try those fights for myself yet. I went into MSV intending to test out soloing in there on the beta servers at 100, but I was stuck on the first trash pull before the first boss. They hit way too hard for my voidlord to handle and once they got onto me it was all over. I haven't tested it further yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    Yeah, I always focused a nuke tactic and at 570 ilevel, as long as my voidlord stays alive at least until the hour of twilight, I can finish him off easily. As for PTR testing, I've heard some horror stories from people about them no longer being able to solo yogg or LK or ultraxion, but I haven't had a chance to try those fights for myself yet. I went into MSV intending to test out soloing in there on the beta servers at 100, but I was stuck on the first trash pull before the first boss. They hit way too hard for my voidlord to handle and once they got onto me it was all over. I haven't tested it further yet.

Soloing on PTR is bugged currently. The buff that makes you deal extra damage isn't functioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who had/has experience with soloing at 90 with the 6.0 patch coming in 2-3 weeks-ish ? Would like to know if most classes will have an easier time or harder due to loss of heals ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Since 6.0 is coming out next Tuesday I went ahead and modified the spreadsheet a bit. Everything that is currently soloable for Wrath 25 mans and Cata/MoP 10/25 mans I have set to yellow to indicate "soloed pre-6.0.2". I imagine most of the Wrath stuff will be unchanged for us, given the old raid buff should offset all of the class changes. If we can still manage to solo Yogg 25 0-light and 25H LK I'll assume we can still solo all of the rest of Wrath 25 mans, but I'll let people individually check on anything Cata or higher.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Since 6.0 is coming out next Tuesday I went ahead and modified the spreadsheet a bit. Everything that is currently soloable for Wrath 25 mans and Cata/MoP 10/25 mans I have set to yellow to indicate "soloed pre-6.0.2". I imagine most of the Wrath stuff will be unchanged for us, given the old raid buff should offset all of the class changes. If we can still manage to solo Yogg 25 0-light and 25H LK I'll assume we can still solo all of the rest of Wrath 25 mans, but I'll let people individually check on anything Cata or higher.
    I've do a full clear of FL 25 HC at lvl 95 with 588 ilvl gear .

I can try on the beta at lvl 90 if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should all be easily soloable. The only encounter in wrath that's been giving everybody a tough time aka/unkillable was Gunship though maybe blizzard finally got around to fixing it in the last week.

So instead of getting one FM phase, he should drop dead in the first phase? lol?

The changes made to Dreamwalker in the beta goes live tuesday? MY buddy that helped me heal her to get the lock out that ive been extending forever isnt playing anymore. So I hope i can just go around her to be able to kill Sindi and unlock LK.

Deleted
    Beta => Lvl 90 character copy 588 ilvl

One Shot all Fireland boss on 25 HC

Going to ICC to try.
    Last edited by mmoc2315ac411f; 2014-10-10 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XaMou View Post
    Beta => Lvl 90 character copy 588 ilvl

One Shot all Fireland boss on 25 HC

Going to ICC to try.
    Ty, keep us updated ^^ Also try Dragon Soul whenever you have time.
    Did you have a hard time at 588, what class/specc did you play etc ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".