Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The first party MS controllers don't break easy so stop slamming them on the ground when you lose in a game.

Hell when I was an angry teen I couldn't even break the hulk controller without a hammer.

The only two things I would say is a downgrade from the xbox 360 controller is the bumper buttons. There's a certain spot that if you push down the button doesn't move(but almost no gamer would be pushing in this specific spot). Next is the Analog stick on the right side. It's pretty loose on xbox one controllers but the 360 controllers are pretty tight. If they would tighten the right analog stick to the 360 controller stick I would say it's probably the closest thing to perfection for a gaming controller. The DS4, while it's a substantial upgrade from playstations previous controllers is still not in the same ballpark as the xbox controllers. I would say personally as an overall 360 => xbox one > DS4 > DS3 > WiiMote
    I agree. Xbox controllers are still the best IMO. Even with the improvements Sony made on the DS4, I still hated it when I tried it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I agree. Xbox controllers are still the best IMO. Even with the improvements Sony made on the DS4, I still hated it when I tried it out.
    The DS4 is a great controller. I won't say it isn't. I love it(when I play my PS4). However if I had to choose one controller right now for the rest of time I would have a tough time choosing between the XB1 and 360 controllers. I would probably choose the 360 controller simply due to the analog sticks having a tighter feel. If the XB1 controller ever got that feeling back in the analog sticks I would hands down pick the XB1 controller as the best controller, as my other issue with the bumper buttons is insignificant enough to basically be ignored as a problem.

The DS4 is a great controller. I won't say it isn't. I love it(when I play my PS4). However if I had to choose one controller right now for the rest of time I would have a tough time choosing between the XB1 and 360 controllers. I would probably choose the 360 controller simply due to the analog sticks having a tighter feel. If the XB1 controller ever got that feeling back in the analog sticks I would hands down pick the XB1 controller as the best controller, as my other issue with the bumper buttons is insignificant enough to basically be ignored as a problem.
    I do agree the XO analog sticks are a bit "looser" than the 360 ones, but honestly, it's something that hasn't really bothered me or affected me in any way so far. Definitely not to the degree of making games harder or more annoying to play. I also enjoy the overall aesthetic on the XO controllers more than the 360 ones.

I do agree the XO analog sticks are a bit "looser" than the 360 ones, but honestly, it's something that hasn't really bothered me or affected me in any way so far. Definitely not to the degree of making games harder or more annoying to play. I also enjoy the overall aesthetic on the XO controllers more than the 360 ones.
    The only time it became an issue for me was when I was playing on the Destiny Beta. I played the alpha on PS4 then downloaded the beta on both PS4 and XO. When I played the XO version, my aiming was off for a little until I got the hang of it. It was the first time in an FPS I actually preferred a Playstation controller over an Xbox controller.

The only time it became an issue for me was when I was playing on the Destiny Beta. I played the alpha on PS4 then downloaded the beta on both PS4 and XO. When I played the XO version, my aiming was off for a little until I got the hang of it. It was the first time in an FPS I actually preferred a Playstation controller over an Xbox controller.
    But the main reason there being that you played the new game FIRST on PS4 :P. If you had played it on XO first, you wouldn't have known any different .

I personally can't stand the positioning of the analog sticks on the PS controllers. To close together for my tastes. Makes my hands hurt after a while for some reason.

But the main reason there being that you played the new game FIRST on PS4 :P. If you had played it on XO first, you wouldn't have known any different .

I personally can't stand the positioning of the analog sticks on the PS controllers. To close together for my tastes. Makes my hands hurt after a while for some reason.
    Yea probably. Absolutely agree on the positioning of the analog sticks though.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, I'm excited about a month away from Forza Horizon 2 and obviously a week away from Destiny, My xbox is going to start getting a lot of usage. Just bought madden though, wish I didn't buy it...Diablo 3 2.1 is awesome(if you have it for console be prepared for something truly awesome in 2.1) and Destiny comes out next week...I was going to get NHL15 the same day as destiny but after playing the demo I was pretty underwhelmed. The last NHL game I played was 11 and it was amazing.

Then October hits, and I need to wait for reviews of Sunset Overdrive and Drive Club(plan on downloading the PS+ version anyways) and The Crew. With all the games I really wanted in October being delayed I may not buy anything right away unless the three games above become must buys which I am highly doubting is going to happen at least for the last two games.

Then November hits and we have Halo MCC(personally aside from Destiny, it's the game I'm most looking forward to this year due to halo MP on dedicated servers). Then a couple weeks later DA:Inquisition hits...with an RPG I usually am a completionist and hearing that the game will take 200 hours or more to complete 100% makes me drool and fear for where my personal time is going to end up going. On top of it, CoD:AW actually interests me for a CoD game. Usually always uninterested in CoD games but I like futuristic settings. However CoD won't be a day one, probably sometime in december or january. Then we have February =/ the new October....too many games....not enough time...I need to strike it rich in the next week so I can quit my job and just play all these games.

Yea probably. Absolutely agree on the positioning of the analog sticks though.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, I'm excited about a month away from Forza Horizon 2 and obviously a week away from Destiny, My xbox is going to start getting a lot of usage. Just bought madden though, wish I didn't buy it...Diablo 3 2.1 is awesome(if you have it for console be prepared for something truly awesome in 2.1) and Destiny comes out next week...I was going to get NHL15 the same day as destiny but after playing the demo I was pretty underwhelmed. The last NHL game I played was 11 and it was amazing.

Then October hits, and I need to wait for reviews of Sunset Overdrive and Drive Club(plan on downloading the PS+ version anyways) and The Crew. With all the games I really wanted in October being delayed I may not buy anything right away unless the three games above become must buys which I am highly doubting is going to happen at least for the last two games.

Then November hits and we have Halo MCC(personally aside from Destiny, it's the game I'm most looking forward to this year due to halo MP on dedicated servers). Then a couple weeks later DA:Inquisition hits...with an RPG I usually am a completionist and hearing that the game will take 200 hours or more to complete 100% makes me drool and fear for where my personal time is going to end up going. On top of it, CoD:AW actually interests me for a CoD game. Usually always uninterested in CoD games but I like futuristic settings. However CoD won't be a day one, probably sometime in december or january. Then we have February =/ the new October....too many games....not enough time...I need to strike it rich in the next week so I can quit my job and just play all these games.
    Yeah, I fear for my free time as well. So many great games coming out from September-February. My Xbox One is going to be putting in some serious overtime lol :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/29/xb...edia-playback/

Fucking awsome, Im loving to be able to play my entire avi library on my xbox.
    Not just AVIs, but almost every bloody video format including MKVs!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Audicible View Post
    controllers are horrible. every single one i have gotten has broken
    I had one semi-break (RT button got stuck) from tossing it in Frustration, but it was easily fixed by myself.

Don't be so rough with them and they will not break.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I fear for my free time as well. So many great games coming out from September-February. My Xbox One is going to be putting in some serious overtime lol :P.
    My Xbox One gets A LOT of usage in my house. We have the DirecTV box passing through it and the IR Blaster controls equipment for us most of the time. So it is used EVERY day. Since launch day I have collected 13 store bought games and about 7 "Live" games, so i have played and completed a good amount of them.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well they announced playing your Xbox One games on your PC by streaming it, can use keyboard and mouse etc.

I'm so happy it's unreal, I know it'll have input lag, and probs no options that you would normally get on a PC. But who the fuck cares, I can play halo etc on PC with a keyboard and mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Well they announced playing your Xbox One games on your PC by streaming it, can use keyboard and mouse etc.

I'm so happy it's unreal, I know it'll have input lag, and probs no options that you would normally get on a PC. But who the fuck cares, I can play halo etc on PC with a keyboard and mouse.
    Input lag kills the entire reason for wanting kb/m controls in a fps...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Input lag kills the entire reason for wanting kb/m controls in a fps...
    But it also beats using a shitty controller that people think is a good idea in a fps game. It really depends on how well it plays, If it even gets to that stage at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't allow keyboard and mouse for the games.

But it also beats using a shitty controller that people think is a good idea in a fps game. It really depends on how well it plays, If it even gets to that stage at all.

Actually it doesn't. The point of kb/m being "better" is by being more precise. Input lag is the complete killer of ANYTHING precise. It would basically be 100% pointless to play on kb/m with input lag over just playing on your Xbox One at the TV with a controller. Not to mention it's probably not doable anyways, as they would need to go back and patch EVERY game to be usable with kb/m as well as have future games put in the work for it. Not going to happen, so you're stuck with input lag AND a controller. Good luck with that.

This won't bode well for online shooter games.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    This won't bode well for online shooter games.
    Exactly, it's good for single player games and slow paced games as you can play on the go with a surface(or other windows 10 tablets/laptops) with an xbox one controller.

It's also useful for streaming the above to another room in your house without moving your xbone.

It basically fills the same niche's remote play does with the ps4, with devices you may already own instead of needing a Vita/PSTV/Sony Phone. Anyone expecting to gain an advantage in shooters has no idea what this is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Exactly, it's good for single player games and slow paced games as you can play on the go with a surface(or other windows 10 tablets/laptops) with an xbox one controller.

It's also useful for streaming the above to another room in your house without moving your xbone.

It basically fills the same niche's remote play does with the ps4, with devices you may already own instead of needing a Vita/PSTV/Sony Phone. Anyone expecting to gain an advantage in shooters has no idea what this is lol.
    Well let's say they found a way to destroy the input lag (hypothetically speaking), it would still pose a problem if controller users are faced against the kb/m which are scientifically more acurate.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Well let's say they found a way to destroy the input lag (hypothetically speaking), it would still pose a problem if controller users are faced against the kb/m which are scientifically more acurate.
    The only way input lag could be destroyed is with a dedicated connection to the device like the Wii U gamepad(even then there is still input lag just not as much as with remote play/cloud gaming). Neither console has the hardware to do it, and there is also a very short range on this, I can only have my gamepad work in about half of my house at best. I know you said hypothetically but just saying.

For long distance, IE not in the same house with dedicated hardware doing the streaming we are a long way off from having the pings to make gaming like this with little input lag a reality.

Maby if you practiced you wouldnt be godawfull at it. Just because your bad at using the controller doesnt mean its shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Maby if you practiced you wouldnt be godawfull at it. Just because your bad at using the controller doesnt mean its shit.
    That maybe true I just don't like the fact that my eyes are far quicker than my joystick, where as when I play with my cursor pretty much moves with my eyes.

I don't like the delayed feeling with a controller it just feels like I'm playing a slower paced game, I see him but I can't kill yet gotta wait for my controller to catch up with my eyes and mind.

I bought an Xbox One last week (PC gamer at heart) but with the recent dry spell in good games i decided to give it a crack mainly Halo.

I like most things about it except the drops in frame rate sometimes and the menu interface is really annoying to use, does anyone know if theres an easier way to minimise skype without having to open it to full screen then pressing "B" to get rid of it while playing a game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I bought an Xbox One last week (PC gamer at heart) but with the recent dry spell in good games i decided to give it a crack mainly Halo.

I like most things about it except the drops in frame rate sometimes and the menu interface is really annoying to use, does anyone know if theres an easier way to minimise skype without having to open it to full screen then pressing "B" to get rid of it while playing a game?
    Do you have a kinect or not?