Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    meta isnt going to slow down, we got very few new options to combat early tempo/aggro and dragon synergies dont seem partiuclarly interesting outside of the consort ant the mini fire ele, if anything, we will see volcanic drakes in aggro decks with alot of tokens. And we still didnt get actually useful anti DR or anti mech cards, so yea... people will experiment with slower dragon decks and aggro like mechmage or facehunter will eat those for breakfast Im afraid.
    The problem is charge minions. Face Hunter wouldn't be very effective without Wolf Rider, Huffer, Arcane Golem, and Leeroy Jenkins. It's the same issue with Druid too. If you get below 14 life against a Druid and don't have a taunt on board, hold your breath. Warrior too with Grommash and 10 to 12 life. There needs to be a minion like Ancient Watcher that can't attack, but prevents minions from charging while it remains on the board.

Face Hunters still run Leeroy? I haven't seen that card played in like a year...

It's premature to judge cards based on the current meta. BRD will likely cause a meta shift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Random example. I'm not saying it's a bad card (far from it), just that there's going to be a low-curve bias by the very nature of the game.
    In priest decks, most low-mana cost cards tend to have high value for the card. (Zombie Chow, for example, has a stat value of a 2 cost card for a cost of 1, and is useful for priests for keeping early board under control, and can be combod with auchenai for 5 damage to face later on in game if drawn late. Northshire Cleric is a good draw whenever, and those are pretty much the only 1 cost minions in an average priest deck. After that, if you rez a 2 value card, its neutral gain, and anything above is a bonus, so in most priest decks, you win any time you use Resurrect, its just that sometimes you win more, such as rezzing your Velen again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So which legendaries are the ones people think are good?

Thaurissan completely playable and amazing, Chromaggus playable in specific decks but still decent, Nefarian starting to get a bit too crappy, Rend and Executus completely stupid?
    Executus has a cool, but meaningless effect, and will likely never be played outside a few gimmick mage decks (It synergizes well with Giants, Echo, Ice Block/Barrier, Duplication, Alexstraza, ect, all of which can be found in some form or another in Freeze mages). Rend would be good IF Dragon decks can lift off. Its pretty much a more expensive BGH that can effect certain minions outside the BGH range.

Nefarian, like all dragons currently, is slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The problem is charge minions. Face Hunter wouldn't be very effective without Wolf Rider, Huffer, Arcane Golem, and Leeroy Jenkins. It's the same issue with Druid too. If you get below 14 life against a Druid and don't have a taunt on board, hold your breath. Warrior too with Grommash and 10 to 12 life. There needs to be a minion like Ancient Watcher that can't attack, but prevents minions from charging while it remains on the board.
    A 5/10 taunt minion with "can't be targeted by spells or hero powers" and "can't attack" that costed 6 man might do the trick. All those face decks have very low health minions so they would have to throw a lot of things into this minion since they couldn't Hunter's Mark it or Kill Command it. Silence can help, but they still have to deal with Sludge Belchers, so they can't have silence for everything.

Cards like this aren't very popular in Magic, but in Magic you can't just go face with your minions, at least not if the opponent has a minion of their own in the field, so these cards aren't as valued. In magic a 1/1 can block a 6/2 if the defending person wishes to do so and unless the attacker has some spell to destroy that 1/1 or the 6/2 creature has trample it will just be blocked by that poor 1/1.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-04-02 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charge minions would just be replaced by stealth minions, and for druids/warriors, both of the combos you mentioned require A(Not having a taunt on board, B) Two specific cards, and C) 9 mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what would be interesting?

A minion that silences EVERYTHING on the board; a constant effect until it is killed or itself silenced
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Face Hunters still run Leeroy? I haven't seen that card played in like a year...

It's premature to judge cards based on the current meta. BRD will likely cause a meta shift.
    Yes, it's more face damage, and no BRM won't cause a meta shift. There's only two cards (Demonwrath and Revenge) in there that combat aggro, and surprise surprise, they went to classes that already have decent board clears, and ways to "clean" the board; Warlock and Warrior. Rogues also got a 2-hp board clear, but you could argue it's too slow at 5 mana, and Rogues already have an ass ton of removal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Charge minions would just be replaced by stealth minions, and for druids/warriors, both of the combos you mentioned require A(Not having a taunt on board, B) Two specific cards, and C) 9 mana.
    Stealthed minions can be dealt with, with board clears. Charge minions can't be dealth with unless you had a taunt on board, in which case it can just be bypassed by an Ironbeak Owl, or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You know what would be interesting?

A minion that silences EVERYTHING on the board; a constant effect until it is killed or itself silenced
    Or a weblord type effect that increases the mana cost of charge minions

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It being from the first wing is quite good actually, at least it will stop people calling for P2W etc with it being only 700 gold. Also hating the new hunter card coming from it too.. more cancer already this weekend

And yes BRD should be first as it is the lowest level instance.
    700 or 7000 and its still behind p2w money wall

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Or a weblord type effect that increases the mana cost of charge minions
    I was thinking further than Charge.

COMPLETE board suppression. For funsies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    700 or 7000 and its still behind p2w money wall
    If you don't have 700g saved for wing one, seeing as its been announced for ages, you have no-one to blame but yourself for poor planning.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    In priest decks, most low-mana cost cards tend to have high value for the card. (Zombie Chow, for example, has a stat value of a 2 cost card for a cost of 1, and is useful for priests for keeping early board under control, and can be combod with auchenai for 5 damage to face later on in game if drawn late. Northshire Cleric is a good draw whenever, and those are pretty much the only 1 cost minions in an average priest deck. After that, if you rez a 2 value card, its neutral gain, and anything above is a bonus, so in most priest decks, you win any time you use Resurrect, its just that sometimes you win more, such as rezzing your Velen again.
    Personally, I really do NOT want to draw a zombie chow late game! But yes it might be a non issue depending on the deck in question.

Yes, it's more face damage, and no BRM won't cause a meta shift. There's only two cards (Demonwrath and Revenge) in there that combat aggro, and surprise surprise, they went to classes that already have decent board clears, and ways to "clean" the board; Warlock and Warrior. Rogues also got a 2-hp board clear, but you could argue it's too slow at 5 mana, and Rogues already have an ass ton of removal.
    I honestly feel like you're talking about the meta from like a year ago. Face Hunter isn't as common as it used to be, a lot of them don't run Wolf Riders and I don't think any of them run Leeroy anymore.

I honestly feel like you're talking about the meta from like a year ago. Face Hunter isn't as common as it used to be, a lot of them don't run Wolf Riders and I don't think any of them run Leeroy anymore.
    ....no.
    there are just two different hunter decks, one with chargers and explosive, one with values like shredder, highmane and boom and freezings. Andyes, the face variatn still runs wolfriders and leeroys

Deleted
    700 gold each wings? confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account
    this expac ( as always ) is completely related to wow therefore it is logical to get brd as first wing / thaurissan as first legendary.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Boom View Post
    700 gold each wings? confirmed?
    yes, that is true.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I wish they'd make his animation on ending the turn a wee bit shorter. That's about it.

Personally, I really do NOT want to draw a zombie chow late game! But yes it might be a non issue depending on the deck in question.

Face Hunter is really common and yes they all run Wolfriders, and Leeroy lol, at least the really good Face Hunter decks do. You might not see as many on ladder now, because people are playing other classes experimenting with the BRM cards. I'm laddering with China Priest myself simply, because it's really good, and counters the shit out of aggro decks. I would ladder with Face Hunter, but I can't bring myself to stoop that low. It's so brainless, face, or face.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-04-02 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Stealthed minions can be dealt with, with board clears. Charge minions can't be dealth with unless you had a taunt on board, in which case it can just be bypassed by an Ironbeak Owl, or similar.
    Charge minions tend to be cost-inefficient. The ONLY 2 cost-effective, available-to-all charge minions are Golem and Leeroy, and both of them will punish you if you can't kill the opponent on the turn they are played (Due to this, they are pretty much also the only charge minions played in top face hunter decks, beyond UTH). Stealth minions tend to not only be more cost-effective then their charge counterparts, using a board clear to clear stealth is the same as using a board clear to clear every other type of minion (And you see a lot more stealth minions played then you see charge minions)

BrM may also cause an meta shift due to Emperor, since Emperor HEAVILY favors control decks, which are already currently present in the curret meta, and are also decent at holding off aggro. Should Control become even better due to Emperor, we will likely see a shift towards Control, and decks that counter Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    ....no.
    there are just two different hunter decks, one with chargers and explosive, one with values like shredder, highmane and boom and freezings. Andyes, the face variatn still runs wolfriders and leeroys
    The pure charge deck is weak, usually played only by people with basic decks.

And I haven't even seen Leeroy in any of those in like a year.

Face Hunter is really common and yes they all run Wolfriders, and Leeroy lol, at least the really good Face Hunter decks do. You might not see as many on ladder now, because people are playing other classes experimenting with the BRM cards. I'm laddering with China Priest myself simply, because it's really good, and counters the shit out of aggro decks. I would ladder with Face Hunter, but I can't bring myself to stoop that low. It's so brainless, face, or face.
    I don't know what game you're playing.

I've seen a few wolfrider hunters yes, but only in shit decks in casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pure charge deck is weak, usually played only by people with basic decks.

And I haven't even seen Leeroy in any of those in like a year.

I don't know what game you're playing.

I've seen a few wolfrider hunters yes, but only in shit decks in casual.
    I mean,

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/13621...9-legend-24-na

This is the exact deck I see whenever I come across a face hunter. Always. (Seriously, even when I'm watching streamers in high/legend ranks: this is "The" face hunter deck you see)
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)