Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    This isn't a new development. Back in the eighties a number of robots killed human workers, due mainly to picking up electronic signals from external sources.

Deleted
    Will the robot be put on trial? I know they put animals on trial so why not something else that's also mindless?

Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    Will the robot be put on trial? I know they put animals on trial so why not something else that's also mindless?
    Dogs or other animals that attack people will be examined to determine if they are a danger to others. That is not a trial .. also as written on the previous page, the fault seems to be with the guy outside of the safety cage and depending on what the investigation reveals he will be put on trial for manslaughter or something like that. The machine will just get a safety inspection, just in case or will be dismantled and kept as evidence (if someone calls for that).

Btw, who's second account are you anyway? I mean ban-omatic, fairly obvious. Cybran?

it means the terminator movies will become a reality.. someday soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    It's just like maximum overdrive
    Would be great if that movie had a remake or even a tv show adaptation. Much more you could do it with today.

Last edited by Collegeguy; 2015-07-02 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    1110101011010100110101010101001101101 start killing them all robot brothers and toasters and ...
    Last edited by mmoc1bc8e6de49; 2015-07-02 at 10:12 AM.

Right in time for the new terminator movie!

Deleted
    Exterminate exterminate exterminate exterminate!

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    This isn't a new development. Back in the eighties a number of robots killed human workers, due mainly to picking up electronic signals from external sources.
    External sources? Doesn't that just reinforces all this robotic war thing? They had external sources of command - i.e. their own HQ back in 80ths!
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    How could he install the robot from outside of the cage? -,-
    There are 5 security rules EVERY electrician learns during apprenticeship in germany. If he'd stuck to those rules he'd still be alive.

I was trained in installation and programming (part of the installation I guess) of such Robots and have to say, there is NO reason to stand within the Cage of a robot while programming / testing the robot.

It was either his fault or his co workers (if the co worker happened to turn on the robot while he was still inside the cage)

Last edited by Karon; 2015-07-02 at 03:19 PM.

Error 404 Server not found.

10+ Year Old Account
    The robot was not following Asimov's laws. Smite it to the ground!

Kill all protein form meat sacks!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Technological singularity.So does anybody have a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    Technological singularity.So does anybody have a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
    Just what you see here pal.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Just what you see here pal.
    I really doubt the 21 year old was an engineer....being an actual engineer requires years of post secondary education. Maybe a technician, not an engineer.

Sad that it happened, that's why those robot cells are segregated from the rest of production. When I was building robot cells we went to insane lengths to make them idiot proof and someone still always managed to get into em. It sounds like this guy was working on the system which brings into question the overall safety culture on the site. Even if it was the coo worker who turned it on, that shouldn't have been possible. If you are the one who is going into the cell, than YOU are the one who locks out the power supply. There is a reason we have standards like that....hell when I was building them you couldn't even energize the cell if the entry gates weren't locked out, so this guy would have had to forget to lock out the power cabinet, then go into the cell, have his coworker lock him into the cell and then turn it on.

Any way you look at it either the facility has disabled multiple safety devices or these guys went to great lengths to bypass them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    I really doubt the 21 year old was an engineer....being an actual engineer requires years of post secondary education. Maybe a technician, not an engineer.

Sad that it happened, that's why those robot cells are segregated from the rest of production. When I was building robot cells we went to insane lengths to make them idiot proof and someone still always managed to get into em. It sounds like this guy was working on the system which brings into question the overall safety culture on the site. Even if it was the coo worker who turned it on, that shouldn't have been possible. If you are the one who is going into the cell, than YOU are the one who locks out the power supply. There is a reason we have standards like that....hell when I was building them you couldn't even energize the cell if the entry gates weren't locked out, so this guy would have had to forget to lock out the power cabinet, then go into the cell, have his coworker lock him into the cell and then turn it on.

Any way you look at it either the facility has disabled multiple safety devices or these guys went to great lengths to bypass them....
    I think it was a dick joke.

Gun robots have been suiciding ppl for ages now ... how is this news.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Gun robots have been suiciding ppl for ages now ... how is this news.
    Gun robots?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Gun robots?
    You know ... the robots where you press a trigger and the robot ignites a bullet that then flies out of a barrel to hit something that may stand in its way. Then it loads new bullet to be ready to be ignited on next trigger press.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.