Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1. LOTRO (love it)
    2. Evil island
    3. Little Big Adventure
    4. Beasts and Bumpkins
    Last edited by Toccs; 2015-07-15 at 08:17 AM.

One of my favorite experiences in all of gaming came from playing Uru with my friend, and us solving the Minkata Age.

I really liked this baseball game for the NES called Basewars. It was such an out-there concept for that era. Ostensibly it was another baseball game, where you pitched, fielded, hit, and ran bases. You played games and seasons and managed your team. But with a major twist: All the players were robots! And instead of just being out or safe, the runner and the fielder fought over the base! And for its time, it was pretty sophisticated. There were different types of robots that fought differently, and over the course of the season your team would earn money and you could buy upgrades for individual players. Some upgrades were baseball related, like better throwing arms, and some were combat related, like you could equip a guy with like a gun or a katana, it was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Only valid answer to this question: None

You ask people if they like something that no one else likes, more specifically a game, at the very least those who invented the concept like it as well.

Now if the question got changed to "no one you know", those games would be valid answers.
    Not necessarily. Generally ( there are ofc exceptions ) game developers have a rough idea if their game is bad or not and most of the times they end up being bad because of time and resource constraints or interior conflicts. So a developer disliking their own game is not that uncommon.

Deleted
    Fallout: Tactis ( was super cool, if you are ready to forget that it is not really a "classic" fallout ). Funny that i have friends that are OK with Fallout 3, but still hate tactics...
    UFO: Aftermath and especially UFO: Aftershock ( GREAT game, but for some reason it is treated as meh ).
    Titanfall - easily beats COD: MW ( And i am a big COD fan. )in terms of gameplay, but it was just not good enough franchise to attract many people, so there was no enough content.
    Neverwinter nights classic/"vanilla" campaign - Almost everyone bashed it for being boring and flat, but i really liked it.

It's well liked enough in Japan but never really found much love in the West.
    I can't stop playing them.

I am of course talking about the Musou series or more commonly known in the West:

Dynasty Warriors
    Samurai Warriors

I can see the reson why people wouldn't like them with the repetition and such but I always have a blast with these games. Favorite of the lot being Warriors Orochi 3.
    One reason is probably because I'm a fan of both the eras that these games are set in (Three Kingdoms of China, Sengoku period of Japan)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    For me it's Dragon Age 2. It's easily the best in the series for me, and I loved the more localized and personal story over the classic "bad guy destroys the world" plot.
    I don't consider it the best in the series, but I love DA2 as well. Hawke is a great character, and I really like most of the companions as well. I went into it knowing exactly what it was (e.g. not a proper sequel to Origins) and was perfectly happy with it for was.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Dark cloud
    Dark Chronicle
    Final Fantasy XI
    Shaiya
    Hello Kitty Roller Rescue (don't ask!)

Must go with Darksiders 2.

I loved the first one as pretty much anyone - graphic style is awesome and it feels like playing Zelda on steroids. The feeling of being War and basically destroy everything with your huge sword is done really well. The game delivers on every aspect even if it's not revolutionary on any aspect. it's a simple game, but it does its job really well.

Darksiders 2 is objectively worse than the first. The art and story are good, also the bigger world makes adventuring better, with different landscapes and such. Gameplay-wise, combat is good but the gearing system is just bad on every freakin side. I mean that there is absolutely no need for all that structure in that type of game.
    We don't need stat-crunching, having an upgrade system like first chapter is more than enough plus all the various off-weapons and items you make an use of during the adventure; plus, there's no actual gearing strategy, some iems are just stronger and you just go with them. Also talen trees deliveronly partially, since you're still going to bash monsters faces with your double scytes - again, fixed spells with upgrades would have worked perfectly with maybe 1 or 2 choices.

Still, i enjoyed the game a lot. An awful lot. Playing as death was awesome, and there is a lot of good stuff in the game. I am really sad that the franchise has gone to a stop (though latest news seems to bring hope - but Madureira won't be working on it).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Breath of fire: Dragon Quarter.

I reached 1/4 rank on that game.

Dragon Age 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Only valid answer to this question: None

You ask people if they like something that no one else likes, more specifically a game, at the very least those who invented the concept like it as well.

Now if the question got changed to "no one you know", those games would be valid answers.
    You must be a real blast at parties eh?

I guess Sims 2, NFS2, Warcraft for its few coustome maps like Stronghold, hero lines, and other older games like AOE2.

Hard to find any who likes thoes games now days.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I don't consider it the best in the series, but I love DA2 as well. Hawke is a great character, and I really like most of the companions as well. I went into it knowing exactly what it was (e.g. not a proper sequel to Origins) and was perfectly happy with it for was.
    Same here. I loved that game. Not as much as I loved DAO, mainly because DA2 doesn't offer much in terms of exploration, it is just the same city there and a few surrounding areas, plus a short sequence in the Deep Roads - but it still was a lot of fun to play through, and the ending was quite amazing, if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Runescape is probably one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I made a couple games that nobody but me played when I was first learning to code. I enjoyed a couple of them. Aside from that? I don't think I've ever played a game that only 1 person in the entire world enjoyed.
    ...don't take it so literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Superman 64, before this game I was an angsty impatient teen. After playing 6 hours of the tutorial mission, I reached Nirvana.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Not a video game but my wife hates it when I play smell my finger.

For video games - Forge of Empires

15+ Year Old Account
    Asheron's Call

I actually just paid $20 for 2 lifetime account subscriptions.

The entire MMO market is pure shit, save for one game that is going on 17 years old.

Pretty sad.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pokémon Trading Card Game on gameboy and Digimon Digital Card Battle. Don't judge me, I was a little kid!

Also Digimon World 3 was not too bad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    What I've learned from this thread: Everyone actually liked Dragon Age 2 and people just like to bitch about things.