Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Interesting how all these people who claim they didn't do the spyglass miniquest and still got the heirloom ring missions not able to pull out a single screenshot proving they don't have the spyglass *and* have the rings in their heirloom journal.
    If I knew it would be relevant to anything, I would have. No reason to screenshot it otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    is it though ? i have 12 shityards and have never seen ring mission on any of toons - so i woder if there is any prerequirment to start geting those
    I'm just sharing what happened to me personally.
    I didn't have the spyglass and got them.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can't bring any proof of it atm. The naval equipment are account wide now, so if one char gets them, then all can access it.

Just got my first ring mission *today* after only doing the Spyglass quest on my main half a week ago.

This is a character that unlocked lvl 3 shipyard extremely early and had 10 upgrades on the legendary ring already.

In the meantime, my hunter friend who has 11 upgrades on the legendary ring and not done with the spyglass mission have not gotten a single heirloom ring mission. I would like the handful of people making wild claims that it's obtainable without the Spyglass miniquest to post a screenshot showing they got the heirloom rings without the Spyglass unlocked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    If I knew it would be relevant to anything, I would have. No reason to screenshot it otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just sharing what happened to me personally.
    I didn't have the spyglass and got them.
    So basically, you were extremely mistaken and already did it on one character and it unlocked for all characters. Because you are very evasive on this issue.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-09-24 at 12:56 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I havent looted spyglass, but so far have one of the rings, from the shipyard mission, and just yesterday a second ring appeared, i think its more to do with how lucky/unlucky you are after resets

Quote Originally Posted by DorfDruid View Post
    I havent looted spyglass, but so far have one of the rings, from the shipyard mission, and just yesterday a second ring appeared, i think its more to do with how lucky/unlucky you are after resets
    Again, another claim without accompanying screenshots. Will take this without even a pinch of salt.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Just got my first ring mission *today* after only doing the Spyglass quest on my main half a week ago.

This is a character that unlocked lvl 3 shipyard extremely early and had 10 upgrades on the legendary ring already.

In the meantime, my hunter friend who has 11 upgrades on the legendary ring and not done with the spyglass mission have not gotten a single heirloom ring mission. I would like the handful of people making wild claims that it's obtainable without the Spyglass miniquest to post a screenshot showing they got the heirloom rings without the Spyglass unlocked.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically, you were extremely mistaken and already did it on one character and it unlocked for all characters. Because you are very evasive on this issue.
    Nope, never killed the rare on any characters until the drop rate was buffed.
    Had all 3 rings before getting the spyglass on any character.
    I was just trying to help people here. I have not given any wrong information.

If you have any other questions, ask away.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, another claim without accompanying screenshots. Will take this without even a pinch of salt.
    You don't have to believe anything. No one knew anything about getting the rings, so no one took screenshots presumably (unless they were excited)
    Sorry that you're having bad luck. Keep doing the missions and keep doing whatever routines make you think they give better luck.

Nope, never killed the rare on any characters until the drop rate was buffed.
    Had all 3 rings before getting the spyglass on any character.
    I was just trying to help people here. I have not given any wrong information.
    So why is it that all the people who claimed they gotten the missions without spyglass on any character are....let's just say, evasive and unwilling to submit a very simple to procure, yet vital piece of evidence? Coincidence? I think not.

You don't have to believe anything. No one knew anything about getting the rings, so no one took screenshots presumably (unless they were excited)
    Sorry that you're having bad luck. Keep doing the missions and keep doing whatever routines make you think they give better luck.
    This is for the others out there - take heed not to be deceived by irresponsible/malicious posts such as these quoted ones.

Oh, and sorry that I am calling you out on your lies, and don't worry, I do indeed have normal luck when it comes to the rings - because I haven't rightfully qualified to have the heirloom missions pop up prior to the Spyglass miniquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I never got the ring quest until this week. One week after getting the spyglass.
    I got the spyglass on 5 different toons before they switched the equipment to account wide, have 10 toons with lvl 3 shipyard and I have yet to see a single ring mission on any character

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    From what I understand, you wont get the Heirloom Ring missions in the shipyard until you have both a level 3 Shipyard and completed the Ship Equipment Pattern turn in quest for the Ghostly Spyglass.
    This is false. I finished the shipyard portion of the legendary questline before I ever finished the quest that upgrades it to level 3, and I have never looted the ghostly spyglass on any toon.

As long as you are on the proper step of the questline you are eligible for the legendary quests.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Red face

So why is it that all the people who claimed they gotten the missions without spyglass on any character are....let's just say, evasive and unwilling to submit a very simple to procure, yet vital piece of evidence? Coincidence? I think not.

This is for the others out there - take heed not to be deceived by irresponsible/malicious posts such as these quoted ones.

Oh, and sorry that I am calling you out on your lies, and don't worry, I do indeed have normal luck when it comes to the rings - because I haven't rightfully qualified to have the heirloom missions pop up prior to the Spyglass miniquest.
    You having bad luck = everyone else lying.

I was trying to help people. Hopefully they have reading comprehension and find value here.
    Sorry that I angered you so much, but I won't be posting or revisiting this thread because it's obviously upsetting you.
    You can always put me on ignore if you don't like helpful information

I wish you luck in getting your rings with whatever superstitions you think will help you out.
    The rings are quite nice, got tons of use out of them with RaF.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    This is false. I finished the shipyard portion of the legendary questline before I ever finished the quest that upgrades it to level 3, and I have never looted the ghostly spyglass on any toon.

As long as you are on the proper step of the questline you are eligible for the legendary quests.
    Or maybe you are barking up the wrong tree? We are discussing the heirloom rings. Not the legendary ring quest. Two different things.

- - - Updated - - -

You having bad luck = everyone else lying.

I was trying to help people. Hopefully they have reading comprehension and find value here.
    Sorry that I angered you so much, but I won't be posting or revisiting this thread because it's obviously upsetting you.
    You can always put me on ignore if you don't like helpful information
    Oh look, a strawman. People being evasive and giving excuses to not submit simple and conclusive evidence makes them liars. Not "bad luck".

Don't worry, the people who are reasonable and able to judge for themselves can see that you are simply posting irresponsibly or outright maliciously - you come with no evidence and only wild claims. I don't need to ignore you either, because it is my duty as a responsible poster to call out blatant untruths when I see them.

Or maybe you are barking up the wrong tree? We are discussing the heirloom rings. Not the legendary ring quest. Two different things.
    Correct. My mistake.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Interesting how all these people who claim they didn't do the spyglass miniquest and still got the heirloom ring missions not able to pull out a single screenshot proving they don't have the spyglass *and* have the rings in their heirloom journal.
    Find it more interesting that you think people are constantly pressing screenshot button all day for mundane events just in case they get called on a forum.

I'd like you to show me the screenshot you took before, during and after the mission, along with the dated screenshot of the spyglass mission, with what your dog ate for dinner that night. Because you know proof
    I'm sure you will have it with the mindset that people take screenshots of literally everything they do in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Find it more interesting that you think people are constantly pressing screenshot button all day for mundane events just in case they get called on a forum.

I'd like you to show me the screenshot you took before, during and after the mission, along with the dated screenshot of the spyglass mission, with what your dog ate for dinner that night. Because you know proof
    I'm sure you will have it with the mindset that people take screenshots of literally everything they do in game.
    *Sees someone say they have heirloom ring mission going with no spyglass on that acc* *Scrolls down to see someone ask for a screenshot* *Said person refuses to* *Sees your post* *Is puzzled*

For reals, though. Yeah not everyone is gonna take screenshots of everything but when you have an outlandish claim its on you to provide proof. When someone can provide proof to their claims and refuses to do so I find that pretty rude not gonna lie.
    Last edited by Talby; 2015-09-24 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the spyglass about 6 weeks ago. Still no ring quests, was doing ship yard on 12 toons but recently stopped as about to finish up for xpac.

The theory is simple: obtain spyglass blueprint and turn it in to the vendor at shipyard = you now have chance to obtain heirloom/secret missions.
    Since the blueprints are all account wide now, it's pretty easy to check if you can match the requirements or not, by simply checking the vendor to see what is available to buy, or what is flagged out as red (some people here have spent more time arguing in this thread than it takes to simply check that vendor).

As sidenote: you do *NOT* need to actually have the Ghostly Spyglass equipped on any ship to trigger the mission, nor to actually finish them successfully.

Maybe someone can ask Blizz on Twitter to confirm or explain the triggers? (since they don't seem to bother answering anything anywhere else these days)

Man some anger on here from some!

I looted and have had Spyglass on my main since 1st day Tanaan Jungle was released. Have never seen the ring mission, hell that toon has only seen two rare mission and both the one to get the BMAH person in your garrison.

The other toon I do shipyard on, has the 3 rare mission achieve, seen left shark twice, BMAH once, mount once and has never seen the ring missions. She got the Spyglass about 6 weeks ago.

Personally I don't believe Spyglass has anything to do with it. I think what is happening behind the scenes is a roll to determine if a rare mission should spawn, if that roll is YES then another roll occurs to see which of the 6 to spawn. Meaning RNG on top of RNG, in that world very easy not to see a specific mission while seeing the same mission twice.

Anecdotal & all that jazz: I had spyglass bp on my main first week, but didn't see heirloom mission untill around 2-3 weeks later. Then one day (before they made them account wide) I decided to just go & farm the bp on all my 8 alts (who all have lvl 3 shipyard) in one afternoon, and 2 days later ring missions popped up on 2 of them, 3rd the day after, and by 8 days after getting the bp's, I had ring missions on 5 alts in total.
    It doesn't prove a damn thing, just casts a suspicious light on it.

Unfortunately we have no idea how it works, some people just want to see if there's any discernible pattern.
    That said, there was a sort of a hint from a blue poster today:
    "They are random for each general location, and running missions clears up space for additional missions to appear."

Maybe theres another trigger. Could be you need a certain number of heirlooms? or you need to done other rare mission. It could really just be totally random. Cos i got the BMAH again on the same toon so it doeant really check whether you done it already or not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Maybe theres another trigger. Could be you need a certain number of heirlooms? or you need to done other rare mission. It could really just be totally random. Cos i got the BMAH again on the same toon so it doeant really check whether you done it already or not
    11 chars with level 3 garrison all doing shipyard with 683+ ilvl. I have a lot of heirlooms, probably more than 95% of them. I try to do all rare missions that pop up on all of them and I have only ever seen a heirloom ring mission once on my main, I got the ring and have not seen another ring mission since. I have over 500 naval missions done on main and its months since I got the first ring. also just killed the guy in tanaan that drops Ghostly Spyglass on an alt and he did not drop it.