Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Totalbiscuit disconnect's himself from the Internet/Social Media.

It is sad that the internet can be so shitty to force someone who just walk away from it.

Lets start off from the beginning. Early 2015 Totalbiscuit was diagnosed with cancer and later in the year after he though he was cured of cancer he was re-diagnosed with terminal cancer. The vile part of the internet has now forced him to just say fuck it and walk away.

I don't understand why people act the way they do and I personally try not to understand it because I think I may go crazy. To wish death on a man just because you don't like him even more so when you know he could be dead in 2-3 years is fucked up.

The man outright even stated if it wasn't for legal contracts he has he would just outright delete his twitter that has over 500k fallowers. He even stated if you chose to not watch his videos because of this so be it.

Here is the final sound cloud he made telling all of this. I personally want everyone to lissen to it if you can its only 5mins long.
    https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/disconnecting

So here is a question: Do you think something should be done on social media sites at lease to cut down on the vile bullshit that gets spewed.

I am all for Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression but there has to be some kind of punishment or something to ether the people or the sites for allowing people to get on someones Twitter,Facebook,Riddit and post death threats and shit.

Should sites be forced to moderate better or face legal action I guess is the question.

So what is everyones opinion and please do try to be mature about it.

To be clear on what I mean by legal action
    Not quite no and I should have worded it better.

I think legal action should be taken on sites who don't moderate at all. Sites like twitter,Faceboo,Reddit and so on should have been systems then they do. Have systems in place that perma ban people for there trolling,shit posting and so on.

Or setup a system like what some Twitch Users use where they can ban words. Like if for example TB doesn't want cancer said on his profile then it doesn't allow it to be posted or it gets posted but it doesn't show the user of the account the post. Kinda like it seems like its posted on your end but it isn't.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-01-28 at 05:00 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wait, you're seriously asking for legal action to be taken against trolling and shit posting?

Like, is this real life?

If you don't want to be a part of it, you do exactly what TB did and simply don't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was him I would have done that ages ago, it's simply not worth all the shit he gets.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Yeah, it sucks, but theres nothing you can do about it. People are allowed to be assholes. It just makes them assholes, not criminals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wait, you're seriously asking for legal action to be taken against trolling and shit posting?

Like, is this real life?

If you don't want to be a part of it, you do exactly what TB did and simply don't use it.
    I'll have to agree, when you go online you have to understand you have to deal with people like this. Even if people curse me or wish me death, i really and let me emphasize, I REALLY don't care. I will probably NEVER in my life meet that person and w/e he/she has to say about/to me is irrelevant.

If one can't handle what goes along with a social media presence, one should stay out of social media.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Even if people curse me or wish me death, i really and let me emphasize, I REALLY don't care.
    Might be a bit different if you were actually dying. Would kind of hit home a bit more. Also, might be you aren't quite bombarded as much as some Youtube celebrities are, so might be you don't really know what it's like even in that regard.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but ultimately it's shit like this that'll be used as an excuse to practice thoughtcrime, or at the very least see an end to anonymity anywhere public on the Internet.

No one deserves to have cancer, its the most unfair and ironic blight on the face of humanity.
    That being said, he deserves everything he gets on social media. HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO DIE or have to battle cancer, no one does. But his entire personality has lead to this, and should be no surprise.

He has basically made a career about making totally biased and unfounded statements about everything, and continued to do so when he became so big that his voice actually mattered.
    He still stands at the forefront of this "game's too easy/nothing to do in WoW" and I will NEVER forgive him for that.
    He was granted an invite to a VERY exclusive beta, played it like the casual he was, and complained at every possible corner. Go back and watch his Stonecore video from the Alpha, where he is DEAD THE WHOLE FIGHT and is talking about how the dungeon is way too easy and is really disappointed.
    Its pathetic.

This was a very difficult time for WoW, coming off probably the most iconic expansion with Arthas and the introduction of the Dragonflights, and trying to adapt to a further increasing casual audience.
    He gained his fame from Blizzard, who single handled gave him access to a no-NDA beta test, because he was barely considered press, and he did nothing but pan them the whole time.

I have absolutely 0 sympathy for anyone who gets famous from WoW, then shits on them publicly. If you don't like the game, don't play it, but when your whole personality up to this point is based on WoW's audience and you go around making yourself look like an asshat saying the game is shit, then you deserve every minute of every ridicule you get.

Once again, I hate talking about some one who has cancer like this, but the two things aren't related and that needs to be understood. If he was a tad bit more humble and respected the opportunities he got publicly then we wouldn't need to be having this opportunity.
    Sorry to say it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    If one can't handle what goes along with a social media presence, one should stay out of social media.
    But muh safe space!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Also why is this in the video games forum? It has absolutely nothing to do with video games and should be in OT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think legal interference is the right move here. Besides being costly, you'll also be ruining lives over what amounts to hurt feelings. Yes, people shouldn't be dicks, but they don't deserve to be thrown in jail for being dicks either.

We need to change the culture. Perhaps at some point 'internet etiquette' will be an actual thing that is taught to children.

Feel bad he has cancer. This guy has said some vile shit to people, he pretty much said the same type of stuff to people he is now complaining about. So I don't really feel sympathy for him because of the flack he gets.

Like, is this real life?

Not quite no and I should have worded it better.

I think legal action should be taken on sites who don't moderate at all. Sites like twitter,Faceboo,Reddit and so on should have been systems then they do. Have systems in place that perma ban people for there trolling,shit posting and so on.

Or setup a system like what some Twitch Users use where they can ban words. Like if for example TB doesn't want cancer said on his profile then it doesn't allow it to be posted or it gets posted but it doesn't show the user of the account the post. Kinda like it seems like its posted on your end but it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Also why is this in the video games forum? It has absolutely nothing to do with video games and should be in OT.
    TB is a big face in games.

Mods can put the topic whever they please tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I think he's just under alot of stress dealing with his mortality, and he may be experiencing "chemo brain" from his treatments.. My mother had it from chemo and it made her aggravated very easily. Also having to deal with so many people on a daily basis probably just adds on to it.

I mean, the guy has probably been in front of a computer for HOURS on end making videos, playing, etc etc. I would go crazy too if I had to do that for years on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Feel bad he has cancer. This guy has said some vile shit to people, he pretty much said the same type of stuff to people he is now complaining about. So I don't really feel sympathy for him because of the flack he gets.
    You mean that one time he made a cancer comment and then right after apologized for it. Ya totaly the samething.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I think he's just under alot of stress dealing with his mortality, and he may be experiencing "chemo brain" from his treatments.. My mother had it from chemo and it made her aggravated very easily. Also having to deal with so many people on a daily basis probably just adds on to it.
    While true he has also showed that hes tied of the vile comments before the cancer stuff. His Youtube videos have been blocked from comments for quite sometime now.

Edit: I did add a post I made to the OP. I mean should legal action be taken on websites who just lets shit go on so they get a few clicks.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-01-28 at 05:02 AM.

He deserves the backlash for all the things he's done over the years. He's no saint you're trying to paint here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is more related to the video game community. Whether you hate him or like him, he has contributed to the community for over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    He deserves the backlash for all the things he's done over the years. He's no saint you're trying to paint here.
    Please do list those things and no one is trying to paint anyone as a saint.

He made one cacner comment once and then apologized for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Point me to what he has done that was so atrocious? Ya he is no saint, he is rather crass but it isn't like he robbed people blind or harmed anyone intentionally.