Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    You'd also think with a Bronzebeard churning out tons of Earthen, some of them could have been sent to defend Ironforge and it's lands.
    When did that happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalserrar View Post
    Well if you'll address my first numbered point in my post, you'll see that I've already accounted for that.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying that too. But unless there's more evidence of an Eastern Kingdoms war effort, I'm convinced this storyline would be better suited to the Horde.

Well I've only actually seen one strip mine, and that's in Azshara. Dark iron is only found in the regions of Blackrock Mountain (Burning Steppes, and Searing Gorge). It doesn't really make any sense.
    And apparently Northrend. No, Dark iron is probably everywhere, but the only place we the players get it is at BRM, hell, how do we even know its "Dark Iron" it could just be steel or iron or some other metal they found alot of in Northrend and other places thats really dark.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Well I've only actually seen one strip mine, and that's in Azshara. Dark iron is only found in the regions of Blackrock Mountain (Burning Steppes, and Searing Gorge). It doesn't really make any sense.
    Forgive me if there's some quest in the beta that specifically answers this, but how do you know the metal is specifically dark iron? Color alone isn't really enough to justify it, lots of metals have similar colors but different properties and uses.

And I don't really want to use WoWwiki as a source, but the page for Warsong hold seems to suggest the Hold itself is made out of stone, hewn from the quarry around it. Being that these new Horde fortifications in the old world seem to be in the same style as Warsong hold, I would assume them to be made out of stone as well. And the Horde did recently tear down the Forlorn Ridge in Azshara, turning it into a large quarry, so that would explain where all the stone to create these new forts came from.

Again, I'm not in the beta so that's all just speculation on my end. Feel free to correct me if something in the beta contradicts my input.

Oh, and @lolmageddon, its at the end of the Halls of Stone when you take the Forge of Wills. Brann says something about using it to make more earthen to help out in the assault on Ulduar.
    Last edited by aei101; 2010-07-20 at 10:34 PM.

You talk about the development of the world that weve seen so far with both factions, I for one scratch my head when I see footage of zones like Plagulands with farmland and a great deal of reconstruction while zones like Westfall are still brown and in tirmoil with a wall thats not even complete.

When ever you look at Alliance bases theres always either mass destruction such as Honor Hold, Alerian Stronghold, Winterguard and when there not there always under construction its like nothing ever gets finished. I can't wait to see more of Arathi Highlands and the current status of Stormguard. I guess we wont really know until Cata is released but I think its valid for Alliance players like myself who have been Alliance since vanilla to be alittle anxious as to what to expect and where our faction is going. I try to keep in mind that lots of these videos on Cata zones being released have been horde players so what they reveal is obviously a bit more biased.

Deleted
    Failure to understand why this thread warrants intelligible reply.

Confirmed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkips View Post
    Logical explanation for all the dark iron:
    Horde have been mining ALOT if you look around some of the zones you notice all the strip mines.
    alliance have not been collecting any resources, minus the lumber-mill in elwynn
    Arathi Basin and Isle of Conquest don't count as any resources? Also the dwarves and humans have multiple mines throughout their lands whereas the night elves/ draeni seem to get their resources elsewhere (Nelfs using wisps of course no idea where the draeni get theirs though).

It just seems to me that the alliance home regions are richer then the horde regions (excluding Mulgore since the Tauren hate mining even though it seems mineral rich). Therefore the strip mining you see in the newer content is because they have never had access to minerals anywhere else (unlike the alliance who have had resources)

As a side note horde seem to prefer strip mining whereas the alliance tend towards shaft mining. Just a random observation.

- Comissioned some sort of large airship (the one from Gilneas, that the worgen interfere with).
    I think that airship is the one from Icecrown at least it looks a lot like it. I'm sure Alliance still has their airship. Also I think from goblin starting area you learn that Alliance fleet attacked horde fleet and destroyed it, so Alliance does get some victories.

15+ Year Old Account
    *Suddenly remembers a whole army of Nightelves in Ferelas*
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    Honestly, they finished the bridge in Redridge. What more can a man ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Honestly, they finished the bridge in Redridge. What more can a man ask for?
    It to be bombed by Goblins?
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Touché

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the old horde "fortifications" where made of mostly bones, wood, leathers and stone. And had alot of scattered smaller encampments.
    While the alliance allready had alot of ebtter fortified fortresses and so on.

Also we got the goblins to join us, they are known for their money afterall :P
    Probably they who are funding everything now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Varian hasn't been doing his Dailies I guess.

:P
    This

Deleted
    Goblins are not only known for their money, but also to be greedy. Would you really think a goblin pays an orcish warbringer that is not very popular among his allies and doesnt know anything else than bruteforce war?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post

(The SS is not mine)

Quote Originally Posted by lolmageddon View Post
    When did that happen?
    I think he means that Muradin was made the leader of the Frostborn dwarves in Northrend, yet it's odd that (as of the things we've seen so far) we haven't seen any sort of presence from them to help out Ironforge.
    (I also hoped we might've seen them lend a hand, and the taunka to the tauren as well. Similarly to the way the mag'har gained a greater presence.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    hell, how do we even know its "Dark Iron" it could just be steel or iron or some other metal they found alot of in Northrend and other places thats really dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by aei101 View Post
    Forgive me if there's some quest in the beta that specifically answers this, but how do you know the metal is specifically dark iron? Color alone isn't really enough to justify it, lots of metals have similar colors but different properties and uses.
    Well, there was an interview with Blizzard in the past (or it may have been from BlizzCon?) where they specifically stated that the metal the Horde was using to reinforce their bases, was something we'd "seen before", and they were fairly ominous about it. From that we could draw two possible conclusions:
    1) It's Saronite. Since this is the corrupting blood of the Old God, Yogg-Saron, and Garrosh Hellscream was heard to be becoming the Warchief of the Horde, this became a popular theory since people thought he may corrupt them the same way Grom did (albeit, unintentionally).
    2) It could be dark iron, something that the Old Horde was very familiar with using. Given Garrosh's homage to them and respect for the more destructive path of the warrior, this seems more likely. Supported by his now-blackened jaw, and the ebon glove he wears (a tribute to Blackhand).
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    I think that airship is the one from Icecrown at least it looks a lot like it.
    It doesn't actually have a name yet (if they even intend to give it one) in Beta, so we can speculate either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    *Suddenly remembers a whole army of Nightelves in Ferelas*
    I'm not sure what bearing this has on my point. If you're trying to counter my post by saying "the Alliance gets stuff too", then my point wasn't one of unfair faction balance. Though if you're trying to say it explains the lack of resources, then I fail to see why Stormwind would be dealing with providing for the centre of the kaldorei military.

Let's review Varian's resource deposits.
    Northshire Mine - Kobolds
    Janglelobe or w/e - Kobolds
    Fargledeep or w/e - Kobolds
    Farshire Mine - Undead
    Deadmines - Defias
    Eastvale - Murlocs, Wolves, Bears, Defias
    Redridge Cave (could be mined) - Orcs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    goblins are billionaires
    The Bilgewater Cartel used a paper currency, which isn't supported in the Horde (they use a coin currency, the macaroons used in Kezan wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on elsewhere).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Apprently the bridge doesn't actually get destroyed, and that's just put in for comic effect, when the ettin helps them move a boulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The Bilgewater Cartel used a paper currency, which isn't supported in the Horde (they use a coin currency, the macaroons used in Kezan wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on elsewhere).
    Not to mention that the ship carrying all of the Cartel's money was destroyed.

Deleted
    Apprently the bridge doesn't actually get destroyed, and that's just put in for comic effect, when the ettin helps them move a boulder.
    I know, it just was fitting for a quote.