About Godfrey *Spoilers*

I'm not in the beta but the way I understand it is he kills sylvannas and then runs away to SFK to be a lvl 20 something boss?
    Last edited by aragorn1ring; 2010-07-27 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1ring View Post
    I'm not in the beta but the way I understand it is he kills sylvannas and then runs away to SFK to be a lvl 20 something boss?
    I'm pretty sure you mean Godfrey, and yes, it seems like it.

That's not Crowley, the one that does so is the annoying Worgen leader dude who abducted Genn and then jumped off a cliff when you thwarted his plans. Apparently the Forsaken resurrected him and ended up regretting that.

yea sorry I changed it.. like I said I'm not in the beta and all I have is ramblings from fanbois but it doesnt really much sense.. Sylvannas stands toe to toe with the Lich King but Godfrey kills her and then is a lvl 20 some odd boss? uhhh disconnect much?

yea sorry I changed it.. like I said I'm not in the beta and all I have is ramblings from fanbois but it doesnt really much sense.. Sylvannas stands toe to toe with the Lich King but Godfrey kills her and then is a lvl 20 some odd boss? uhhh disconnect much?
    This will blow your mind, trust me. The gnome king is powerful enough to one-shot the guy occupying Gnomeregan, yet he claims he needs the help of you and your other random level 30 friends to free Gnomeregan! As for the terror that drove the Trolls from the Echo Isles. Level 10. The troll leader could kill him just by glaring at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    This will blow your mind, trust me. The gnome king is powerful enough to one-shot the guy occupying Gnomeregan, yet he claims he needs the help of you and your other random level 30 friends to free Gnomeregan! As for the terror that drove the Trolls from the Echo Isles. Level 10. The troll leader could kill him just by glaring at him.
    The other night Ive killed Thermaplugg, killed VanCleef and then cleansed the Scarlet Monastery. Lorewise IM A BEAST.

:P

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 12:47 PM ----------

gameplay =/= lore

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    The other night Ive killed Thermaplugg, killed VanCleef and then cleansed the Scarlet Monastery. Lorewise IM A BEAST.

:P

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 12:47 PM ----------

gameplay =/= lore
    And it was all just a setback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    And it was all just a setback.
    Vancleff ain't...in a sense

hc sfk wont be available at the cataclysm release, so hard to say whether new normal version including Godfrey be or not

Crowley: Most impressive addition to the Alliance come Cataclysm. Worgen that cleaves with his fists, stands 12 feet tall and is as of yet the only character to have become a meaningful thorn in Sylvanas's side. Set to be a key player later on in Cata.

Godfrey: Killed himself to avoid becoming a Worgen early on during the Worgen starting area claiming he'd rather be dead then a worgen, got ressed as a forsaken, shot Sylvanas for the irony of the situation. Most likely new boss of SFK.

Making SFK heroic in 4.1 makes sense. I mean, when Cata hits it`ll be 4.0, thats when most hordies will experience that shit.so adding him in 4.1 makes purfect sense.

The biggest disconnect, here, is that the sequence shows that the new Val'kyr-raised Forsaken retain free will and the ability to deceive Sylvie. Godfrey earns Sylvanas' trust, uses her troops to push back the Alliance, then shoots her in the back of the head in a bid to take Gilneas for his own. But despite this, hundreds of newly-raised Forsaken, erstwhile members of the Alliance, seem to have no qualms at all regarding their new allegiance.

It's very strange.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda View Post
    The biggest disconnect, here, is that the sequence shows that the new Val'kyr-raised Forsaken retain free will and the ability to deceive Sylvie. Godfrey earns Sylvanas' trust, uses her troops to push back the Alliance, then shoots her in the back of the head in a bid to take Gilneas for his own. But despite this, hundreds of newly-raised Forsaken, erstwhile members of the Alliance, seem to have no qualms at all regarding their new allegiance.

It's very strange.
    He's angrier then your average Forsaken I guess. Yeah lorewise it makes no sense and Blizzard really has been lacking through on the follow through in lore. Great ideas when it comes to the larger scope, but attention to detail in lore is kinda horrible sometimes.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.