Thread: Holy pally

Holy pally

which major glyphs are better, beacon of light/seal of light or holy shock/seal of wisdom?

also is Aura Mastery talent in the holy tree worth spec'ing into? plus is the retribution tree better then spec'ing into than protection for divine sacrifice? thanks.

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 06:59 PM ----------

bump
    Last edited by guéritdivine; 2010-07-27 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guéritdivine View Post
    which major glyphs are better, beacon of light/seal of light or holy shock/seal of wisdom?

also is Aura Mastery talent in the holy tree worth spec'ing into? plus is the retribution tree better then spec'ing into than protection for divine sacrifice? thanks.

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 06:59 PM ----------

bump
    I think this would get more answers in paladin forums but beacon of light,seal of wisdom and holy light majors. Aura mastery is worth it and before cataclysm deffo prot sub-spec.

Glyph of Holy Light - This glyph makes the spell you throw out roughly every 1.3 second have a nice added raidheal. This is nothing to sneeze at, seeing as it's basically free. Guaranteed mandatory glyph for any endgame Holy Paladin.
    Glyph of Seal of Wisdom - This reduces the manacost of your HL by 5%, and this is absolutly mandatory. A must have.
    Glyph of Beacon of Light - As said on Elitist Jerks - This Glyph saves the cast of one BoL every 3 mins. Its values comes from saving a GCD every 3 mins, reduces the chance that BoL will end when you still need it but can't spare a GCD to refresh it. Taking 2-3 seconds to refresh Beacon/SS together is extremely dangerous since both are minute cooldowns with Divine Guardian.
    Minor Glyphs are a personal Preference, but there's one mandatory, and I think it speaks for itself.

As for spec, Aura Mastery is extremely useful for any fight in ICC, and is pretty much concidered to be baseline for any Holydin. The Holy/Ret spec gives you 8% crit, which I think was somewhere around 125 MP5 (and counted for about 400 critrating) and 10% less manacost on instants, while Prot gives you a raidwall, longer and better Sacred Shield, less cooldown on BoP and either lower CD on HoJ or Imp. Devo Aura.
    <Reaction> of Ragnaros-EU is recruiting!
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

Well, I was holy once on my paladin. Hated it, so I switched back to ret.
    Ill try to offer my insight.

Glyph of Seal of Wisdom, Beacon of Light, and Holy Light. Reduces mana cost by 5% for healing spells, glyph makes beacon last longer, and HL has a 10% splash. Very nice, for tank healing.

Aura mastery is fine to spec into, but some rets spec into it as well.

For beginners, I would want to say spec into ret for the amazing crit. I believe I had around 30% crit with a shitty gearscore (yes, plate gear). But I know for raids everyone wants you into prot for DS. If you do that, that means as a tank I dont have to and I can take Reckoning. Yay :]

TLDR; beacon wisdom and HL for glyphs. ret for beginners, prot for making prot pallies happy :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Well, I was holy once on my paladin. Hated it, so I switched back to ret.
    Ill try to offer my insight.

Glyph of Seal of Wisdom, Beacon of Light, and Holy Light. Reduces mana cost by 5% for healing spells, glyph makes beacon last longer, and HL has a 10% splash. Very nice, for tank healing.

Aura mastery is fine to spec into, but some rets spec into it as well.

For beginners, I would want to say spec into ret for the amazing crit. I believe I had around 30% crit with a shitty gearscore (yes, plate gear). But I know for raids everyone wants you into prot for DS. If you do that, that means as a tank I dont have to and I can take Reckoning. Yay :]

TLDR; beacon wisdom and HL for glyphs. ret for beginners, prot for making prot pallies happy :]
    So basically you're saying that one Aura Mastery per raid is enough? One Divine Sacrifice is enough? :-/

Spec into sub-prot, use Seal of Wisdom, Holy Light and Beacon glyphs. And spec into Aura Mastery, it's amazing.
    Hi

is this a troll????
    otherwise look at the stickies
    Holy light glyph, Seal of wisdom, Beacon glyphs
    prot spec, yes spec into aura mastery