How big is Cataclysm?

Hey all, just a quick question

What is the size of the Cata expansion/downloaded client please?. I have a fear that it's gonna be too big for my current laptop, which barely has space left on it :P
    Would be greatful if anyone could let me know

Thanks in advance !

cata is still in beta, and plus there'll be patches, so tbh its completely unknown, but my guess would be atleast like...say 10gigs

I heard 16 GB from TotalBiscuit, but finaly i think can be on 1-2 DVD's

That is insane, 20gb. It will take years to install
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Knegoff View Post
    That is insane, 20gb. It will take years to install
    Might be time to get a good computer, 20gb shouldn't take any longer than the time taken to cook a pie/pizza/garlic bread and then consume it whilst waiting for the damn post release patch (thats where ure problem is)

Hmm, since there's only 3Gigs or so left on this cruddy thing, i guess a new one is in order then :P
    Thanks for the answers guys!

Deleted
    Beta now is 13GB and it's less than WotLK (16GB). I'm pretty sure they won't add much to it before launch so either way, you'd win room.

I found a post in official forums, stating that the installed size of Cataclysm is roughly 25GB. Apparently "Old World" data is replaced, so the size increase is smaller than it could be. However, that post is almost a month old, and a lot of stuff has been added since then (like music, even though old music is probably replaced as well). I think it is safe to assume that Cataclysm is over 30GB after a few content patches, if not at launch.

Edit: Please note that the validity of my assumptions depends on whether the information in linked post is correct: I'm not in beta myself.
    Last edited by Therastos; 2010-08-17 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly 9 letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Exactly 9 letters.
    damn you, beat me to it.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

Deleted
    Bah, all this talk of 20-25gb... We say that like it's nothing. My first ever PC had a 40mb hard drive. and 2mb ram :P