Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Finally was the rumor true ?

For those who remember ,soon after burning crusade was announced at the blizzcon ,and the alliance race was still unveiled there was a rumor of people claiming to have struck a page of the world of warcraft site saying that the worgen were going to be the next alliance race , was that true or was it an hoax that inspired blizzard ?
    Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it, I guess every superhero need his theme music

Most likely an absurd coincidence.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Does it really matter? They're a race now.

I wouldn't be to surprised about blizzard having so planed in advance most of their things, after all wotlk was still on beta when cata alpha started

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbunjo View Post
    does it really matter? They're a race now.
    its a conspiracy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbunjo View Post
    Does it really matter? They're a race now.
    It still interests me :P

blizz must me already working on their fourth expantion by now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I wouldn't be to surprised about blizzard having so planed in advance most of their things, after all wotlk was still on beta when cata alpha started
    Really?

There were those data mined Halloween masks of the worgen. I don't remember the website thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Citatus View Post
    No?

yes? they already said around wotlk wasn't even released when they started making cata

Deleted
    0.0 Really?

In my opinion (stress on opinion) Blizzard had a plan that they worked on and followed. Of course, somethings change and nothing always works the way we want it to. So naturally plans change, now we got Cataclysm , and your damn right if you are thinking like i do... they already planned the next expansion after Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes? they already said around wotlk wasn't even released when they started making cata
    you know alpha isn't the same as started working on it right?

OT
    it probably leaked somewhere, but without many sorces, making it just a rumor

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, people fail to realize Blizzard has multiple teams working on multiple projects,even within the same game.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    Sorry, wasn't meant like a "NO! THATS WRONG" more of a "no way?"

False. They were in the planning phase of Cataclysm when Wrath came out. Coming up with the major themes, major zones, whether or not they would implement a new class or race etc. Cataclysm alpha did not start until early may 2010.

No.

Edit: In fact, double no.

At this point in the cataclysm beta it appears that the worgen rumor was true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye west View Post
    For those who remember ,soon after burning crusade was announced at the blizzcon ,and the alliance race was still unveiled there was a rumor of people claiming to have struck a page of the world of warcraft site saying that the worgen were going to be the next alliance race , was that true or was it an hoax that inspired blizzard ?
    yeah and there were also rumors pandaren was going to be the alliance race as well around that time. Rumors are just that, rumors.

If I remember correctly, on the DVD that came with the collectors edition of BC, they stated that they had several expansions planned out already when they were still developing BC