Thread: 4.0.1 logs

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    So 2 palas raid, one does reasonably close to his original damage, the other no where near it. What do we draw from these facts?
    if you are referring to the log from Faeroll / Kenjji :

What we draw from it is, that second paladin is a tank. kkthxbye

15+ Year Old Account
    "Logs from a patch day raid tell nobody ANYTHING. It's insane to even show them. You have no idea what crazy circumstances might be happening during a patch-day raid. We had Rotface spontaneously despawn last night, for example. " - That was my point.

Edit - "Here is what your raid would have looked like if your casters understood the game." - Whats wrong with the lock in 8th place, does he not understand either?
    Edit - Wrong Person, You could be right he might not understand that all locks need to do is spam Searing Pain to win. I can only assume he didn't get that memo.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-14 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

"You could be right he might not understand that all locks need to do is spam Searing Pain to win. I can only assume he didn't get that memo. " Agreed. I meant to ask you, how do you find Ret in pvp bg's/duels/arena in beta?

15+ Year Old Account
    "You could be right he might not understand that all locks need to do is spam Searing Pain to win. I can only assume he didn't get that memo. " Agreed. I meant to ask you, how do you find Ret in pvp bg's/duels/arena in beta?
    I find it stupid because I never realized how much I used joj until I don't have it, I really love the " You are not in range spam " Makes me love my class even more.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Here is what your raid would have looked like if your casters understood the game.

#1 Boomkin
    #2 Lock
    #3 Lock
    #4 Spriest
    #5 Ele Shaman
    #6 Hunter
    #7 Rogue
    #8 Lock
    #9 Ret
    #10 DK
    I didn't link my parse to show how zomg well I did compared to casters, and wether or not the casters in MY particular raid was doing awesome. I KNOW that the damage potential of casters is a far greater than ret atm (Ive seen the 27k single target firemages parses, and the 22-24k lock/shadowpriest ones)

However it was merely meant as an optimistic "glass is half full" type of encouragement.

I did my homework, I sucked up all the info I possibly could from EJ, mmo, retpaladin.com, beta, PTR etc for the past few weeks to try and prepare myself best for this patch. I pulled 16.2k dps on saurfang, without any sick amount of procs or buffs (no taunka procs, 3 Hand of Light procs) and a terrible kill-time. I've seen rets with better or equal gear than me, pulling several thousand dps less than I did and then coming to the forums crying that the sky is falling.

Is ret perfect right now? No I never said it was. But this is the time more than anything, where the good rets will adapt and still justify their raidspot, and the bad rets will either quit or reroll.

I have a shadowpriest with full 277 gear as well http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hisper&cn=Hexn which I can play on whenever I feel like it. Will I be doing more DPS on that guy for a while? you bet, but im not gonna go cry myself to sleep because my ret lost 2-3k singletarget dps at the end of the expansion.

It will be fine, buffs are also on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    I didn't link my parse to show how zomg well I did compared to casters, and wether or not the casters in MY particular raid was doing awesome. I KNOW that the damage potential of casters is a far greater than ret atm (Ive seen the 27k single target firemages parses, and the 22-24k lock/shadowpriest ones)

However it was merely meant as an optimistic "glass is half full" type of encouragement.

I did my homework, I sucked up all the info I possibly could from EJ, mmo, retpaladin.com, beta, PTR etc for the past few weeks to try and prepare myself best for this patch. I pulled 16.2k dps on saurfang, without any sick amount of procs or buffs (no taunka procs, 3 Hand of Light procs) and a terrible kill-time. I've seen rets with better or equal gear than me, pulling several thousand dps less than I did and then coming to the forums crying that the sky is falling.

Is ret perfect right now? No I never said it was. But this is the time more than anything, where the good rets will adapt and still justify their raidspot, and the bad rets will either quit or reroll.

I have a shadowpriest with full 277 gear as well http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hisper&cn=Hexn which I can play on whenever I feel like it. Will I be doing more DPS on that guy for a while? you bet, but im not gonna go cry myself to sleep because my ret lost 2-3k singletarget dps at the end of the expansion.

Well said Mew, buffs are on the way, the sky isn't falling, and I'm glad the changes have been made. Our rotation is much more exciting now. Before 4.0.1 I could drum my fingers across the number keys during saurfang and watch TV at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post

What you mean is you abused a bug so you could push your DPS higher and when they fix that you will drop a considerable amount of damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is what your raid would have looked like if your casters understood the game.

#1 Boomkin
    #2 Lock
    #3 Lock
    #4 Spriest
    #5 Ele Shaman
    #6 Hunter
    #7 Rogue
    #8 Lock
    #9 Ret
    #10 DK
    If your ret understood the game he'd be doing 16k on saurfang....

13.7k is def way off, i did around 15k on saurfang today and i don't even have a smourn

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that you shouldn't use Rebuke as I used it as well, But let's be honest here should we have to abuse a bug to do a fraction of the DPS we were doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    If your ret understood the game he'd be doing 16k on saurfang....
    Touche!

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 03:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aieoz View Post
    13.7k is def way off, i did around 15k on saurfang today and i don't even have a smourn
    It depends a lot of things fight time etc, I'm pretty sure he only got 1 set of wings due to the fight time so it does hurt.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-14 at 03:39 AM.

The real secret here behind Mew's dps isnt a secret at all. It's something you can find easily with some understanding of the game. You know that big legendary thing in his hands? BINGO! Ret is even more focus' on weapon damage now. If you we're lucky enough to get one congratz you will not see much of a drop off at all. With any other weapon....expect to loose 3~5k DPS depending on the RNG of your procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aieoz View Post
    Meh it's just a bunch of RNG luck. We did like 3 or 4 attempts on it but healers were on another planet so we just called it quits but I was anywhere from 14-16k near the end of all of them, just depending no how many HoL procs I got. 13.7 - 16.2 could very easily be attributed to luck. Blue post says we are teh suck so hope for less rng, more dps (at least I am).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritis View Post
    The real secret here behind Mew's dps isnt a secret at all. It's something you can find easily with some understanding of the game. You know that big legendary thing in his hands? BINGO! Ret is even more focus' on weapon damage now. If you we're lucky enough to get one congratz you will not see much of a drop off at all. With any other weapon....expect to loose 3~5k DPS depending on the RNG of your procs.
    Guessing you are confused but it's ok someone will help you out with that.

I've been playing around on the dummy for about an hour now, and i can't get past 6.2k DPS regardless of what i do, and all the RNG procs make me angry, but when they all chain proc like crazy thats kinda funny though, but a melee class shouldn't be this much based around total RNG procs :<
    Oh hi

Guessing you are confused but it's ok someone will help you out with that.
    Yup, I am clearly confused. Ret's damage breakdown & damage per cast has no impact at all on your effective DPS. The entire Ret combat system is skewed to give a higher return on physical damage right now. HINT HINT high weapon damage.

Now just in case that wasn't clear enough for you, the bigger that weapon in your hands is the less impacted your dps is going to be by these changes, assuming you have some idea of how to gear/gem/play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I am clearly confused. Ret's damage breakdown & damage per cast has no impact at all on your effective DPS. The entire Ret combat system is skewed to give a higher return on physical damage right now. HINT HINT high weapon damage.

Now just in case that wasn't clear enough for you, the bigger that weapon in your hands is the less impacted your dps is going to be by these changes, assuming you have some idea of how to gear/gem/play.
    Does Weapon damage play a role? Yes. Will it be the deciding factor between good and bad? No, not entirely, as long as you are using a "current" weapon.

Exactly Ronark.

I'm not tring to say that its the deciding factor between a good and bad player. But it does create a noticable gap between players with the same ability level, and generaly similar gear excluding there weapons. That gap is great, people with access to better gear should deal more damage. However needing above average gear for viable damage returns is not great in my eyes and was the point I was attempting to make.

IE: We're in the niche of the old warrior. You are your weapon, it makes or breaks your damage output.
    Last edited by Veritis; 2010-10-14 at 04:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly Ronark. I'm not tring to say that its the deciding factor between a good and bad player. But it does create a large gap between the "tier's of weapons currently floating around" this in turn gives people the wrong idea.
    You'd looking at the following, in terms of how much "bonus" damage you'd have:

Smourn- 110%
    H Glorenzelg- 100%
    H Bryntroll- 90%
    N Bryntroll- 75%
    H Oathbring- 40%

15+ Year Old Account

Having a Shadowmourne is unrelated to Blizzard over nerfing the class clearly a Weapon won't help what they broke.