Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Really GC? Really?

Zombie Invasion / Elemental Invasion
    It's sort of that damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

The response from the zombie invasion was overwhelmingly negative, and so we took that feedback and made sure that future events would be fun and interactive, but not a griefers paradise.

Obviously there are plenty of griefers though, and they'll always remember it and always compare events to it. Nothing will ever be as 'fun' as the zombie event was, and that's sort of the point, it's not a type of fun that most people enjoyed.

I'll always look back on the zombie event fondly, just as I will the shattering, but for different reasons.
    Thanks for alienating your player base GC. I can't speak for the rest of the people who enjoyed the zombie event, but I for one know that griefing had absolutely nothing to do with why I enjoyed the event. I actually had tons of fun seeing how LITTLE I could be a zombie. I dodged, ran, killed, everything, and had a blast doing it. Nice try though with straw manning your way to a reason as to why you think it sucked, "Oh well.... umm... If you enjoyed the event you were a griefer, and um... we don't like griefers..."

That's not to say that I don't enjoy the elemental invasion(or at least I did the first time I defended the city, now I just go to Dalaran when it happens), but to imply that the zombie invasion was good for griefers and bad for everyone else is just a slap in the face.

/Facepalm... you obviously have a reading disability

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...d-is-not-blown

Look at the name of the blue poster again -.-

Edit: TL;DR "QQ blizzard didn't give me exactly what I want whaa whaa"
    Last edited by MMONew; 2010-11-20 at 12:39 PM.

You're the one creating a straw man argument here. There were issues with the zombie invasion and there were places, such as teleport and portal spawn points, that were constantly camped by people just for the sakes of being annoying.

Both events have their ups and their downs, that's all the guy is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by MMONew View Post
    /Facepalm... you obviously have a reading disability

Look at the name of the blue poster again -.-

Edit: TL;DR "QQ blizzard didn't give me exactly what I want whaa whaa"
    It's 6am and I was reading it from my phone, who cares who wrote it?

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    You're the one creating a straw man argument here. There were issues with the zombie invasion and there were places, such as teleport and portal spawn points, that were constantly camped by people just for the sakes of being annoying.

Both events have their ups and their downs, that's all the guy is saying.
    ...How am I making a straw man? By saying that griefers aren't the only people who enjoyed the event?

Nowhere does he say that it was only good for griefers. Furthermore you made this topic as a sort of response to GC on a non-official fan forum when he wasn't even the one who posted what you quoted. This topic is nothing more than wrong overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhp View Post
    Nowhere does he say that it was only good for griefers. Furthermore you made this topic as a sort of response to GC on a non-official fan forum when he wasn't even the one who posted what you quoted. This topic is nothing more than wrong overall.
    I can't seem to remember one person outside of trade chat(lulz) and the wow general forums that disliked the zombie invasion. All of my friends and guild mates had fun. Sure, you died but that's what made it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by xan13x View Post
    It's 6am and I was reading it from my phone, who cares who wrote it?
    You had his name in the title. You're whining about something that will be over in a matter of days. You're flaming someone for just stating his own personal opinion. Plus he probably knows more about this that you do. He's a CM, his job is to collect feedback and give it to the devs.

...How am I making a straw man? By saying that griefers aren't the only people who enjoyed the event?
    Because that's not what the guy said. He said that there was a lot of greifing during the zombie invasion and that they avoided it this year based on the feedback obtained during the Zombie invasion.

I can't seem to remember one person outside of trade chat(lulz) and the wow general forums that disliked the zombie invasion. All of my friends and guild mates had fun. Sure, you died but that's what made it fun.
    Obviously Blizzard has access to a much bigger sample than you.
    Last edited by Sensei_Sin; 2010-11-20 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks for alienating your player base GC. I can't speak for the rest of the people who enjoyed the zombie event, but I for one know that griefing had absolutely nothing to do with why I enjoyed the event. I actually had tons of fun seeing how LITTLE I could be a zombie. I dodged, ran, killed, everything, and had a blast doing it. Nice try though with straw manning your way to a reason as to why you think it sucked, "Oh well.... umm... If you enjoyed the event you were a griefer, and um... we don't like griefers..."

That's not to say that I don't enjoy the elemental invasion(or at least I did the first time I defended the city, now I just go to Dalaran when it happens), but to imply that the zombie invasion was good for griefers and bad for everyone else is just a slap in the face.
    Spoilt uneducated kid /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Ghost Nappa is displeased with your ignorance.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who loved it, let me tell you why the Zombie event was kinda bad.

For about a week, imagine you are a new player, every time you went into a questing town there were ONLY zombies. No quest mobs, no FP, nothing. And every time you went into a town you died because of it.

Would you instantly think "This is AWESOME! I know EXACTLY what is going on!!!"?

Also, "I LIKED IT, AND SO DID MY GUILD" doesn't mean everyone liked it... >_>
    I for one LOVED it. But I know plenty of people who did not, most of whom were actually vets.
    Last edited by seam; 2010-11-20 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you shouldn't skim read before making a whine thread

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    As someone who loved it, let me tell you why the Zombie event was kinda bad.

For about a week, imagine you are a new player, every time you went into a questing town there were ONLY zombies. No quest mobs, no FP, nothing. And every time you went into a town you died because of it.

Would you instantly think "This is AWESOME! I know EXACTLY what is going on!!!"?

Also, "I LIKED IT, AND SO DID MY GUILD" doesn't mean everyone liked it... >_>
    I for one LOVED it. But I know plenty of people who did not, most of whom were actually vets.
    I actually started during the time that the Zombie invasion happened, I was about level 15-20 when it happened. Believe it or not, questing is a hell of a lot less fun than using your new-found zombie powers to wipe out an entire island of troggs that are impossible for you to clear on your own, while you watched, as they slowly destroyed each other. I had no idea what was happening but it was probably one of the primary reasons I continued to play the game.

The Elemental invasion has just felt like one long grind, from hunting the portals to kill some elementals to waiting an hour for your main city to be accessible again after it was disrupted by the invasion. Even the invasion on the main city felt extremely lacklustre, 300,000 health per elemental, 32 elementals per portal, about 20 portals per city, that's about 200 million hp to grind through per city, gee.

And the bosses after each invasion, nothing more than something you might see in WotLK heroics with rewards that'll never make you remember the event with a nostalgic sense of start of the end, or even use for more than a month for that matter. As a lowbie, the Elemental Invasion is just about as disruptive as the zombie invasion; almost every time you went into a main city there were ONLY elementals. No quest mobs, no FP, no auctioneer, no bank, nothing apart from a portal, if you can get to it without being killed. And every time you went into the city you died because of it.
    Last edited by Sápphh; 2010-11-20 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

Well firstly, GhostCrawler did not make this post, this is just another example of people leaping to conclusions and blaming him for everything.

Secondly, he's quite correct in his statement. During the Zombie invasion is caused quite a lot of havoc for players, and while it was fun for a few people, a crap tonne load of people absolutely hated it, or at least the sheer volume of the amount of Zombiefied players.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

I enjoyed griefing with zombie event.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen, people who didnt enjoy the zombie invasion are ones without a good enough sense of humour. I had a fantastic time of it, perfect way to relieve the pre-expansion blues. What else is there that's so important to do in the mean time?

Deleted
    Yea Bashiok is not Ghostcrawler...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
    Well firstly, GhostCrawler did not make this post, this is just another example of people leaping to conclusions and blaming him for everything.

Secondly, he's quite correct in his statement. During the Zombie invasion is caused quite a lot of havoc for players, and while it was fun for a few people, a crap tonne load of people absolutely hated it, or at least the sheer volume of the amount of Zombiefied players.
    What he said.

Personally, I enjoyed the zombie event, it was quite amusing.

Deleted

You know, you can always roll a male undead rogue and wank off at lowbies.

Just seems to me to be someone looking to be offended by something and completely misinterpreting a blue post to do so. The depth of his intent is clear in that he swings blame wildly without looking who hes hitting with it. It's just a case of someone seeing what they want to see, and now that they've defended it, and poorly, it's too late for them to backpedal even if they wanted to.

You can't go on a rant and then try to blame ignorance on being tired because it's early. If it's too early to understand what your saying fully, then it's too early for you to argue for or against something.