I got in *parttyyyy*
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-08-13 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    I got in *parttyyyy*
    Get out! And give me your invite

Oh, woot! Got into the beta.
    Forgot I even registered to test out the Beta for Elder Scrolls.

17 GB already? My goodness.
    That is going to take ages to download for me :c
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-08-13 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Me too! Yay us o/\o

The only game I ever got access to beta was WoW during Cata, and that's because our GL had keys to spare...

sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    They have only revealed two healing skill lines (Restoration Staff and Templar skill line), there are many many more skill lines in the game that have not been even released to the public yet. Who's to say that one of those skill lines won't have more healing spells in it to help out the group? Vampire tree could have some healing spells in it, one of the PvP skill lines could easily have some first aide type spells, hell there could just be another flat out healing skill line.

Sure, some idiots will pigeonhole some people into only being Templar healers with Resto Staves, but that doesn't mean that's the ONLY viable way to heal in this game. Even if you are a Templar with a Resto Staff you can't use all of your heals anyways on your single hotbar. Remember you only get to use 5 active abilities in this game. So, all the Templar does is add some new variations to a healer, doesn't mean they will be the best.

I can easily think of other healers that could be very useful. A healing Sorcerer could be better than a Templar healer in many situations. Sorcerers are suppose to have a ton of CC with them and, since mobs in this game are suppose to have smart AIs, I can see a healer that is more control-like being a better healer than just a pure healer ever would.

Hell, I was just reading the ESO forums and some people were talking about how the Sorcerer could even rival the Templar healer if the Sorcerer passively can regenerate Magicka faster than the Templar. There are many factors to this game that aren't even out yet. Just because the Templar has 3 (made up number) more healing spells than any of the other classes doesn't instantly mean it's the better healer. It just means it has more variety to it when it comes to healing. Some of the other classes could have passives that make the very good healers too (i.e. the Sorcerer possibly having better Magicka Regen).
    That makes sense. They'd have to be stupid to make one class the best healer after parading around about how versatile their class system is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    And where exactly did you get that info Murph? are you sure you can trust it?
    I don't trust the info 100%. I was just speaking more of the "what ifs". I could have worded it better.

So uhh... I haven't read all of this thread but I "might" have gotten an invite. Can anyone tell me address....thing... the email should be?

What I don't get is, I can be a plate wearing archer. That sounds cool, but how does that work? I mean wouldn't plate be heavier and weigh me down? If not I'm gonna be a plate wearing archer lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have another question. I can't get xbox live where I live so I'm getting ESO for PC. Anyone know if there are any PC gaming controllers that would work with ESO? I like that console feel with elder scroll games.

Quote Originally Posted by Beararmz View Post
    Also I have another question. I can't get xbox live where I live so I'm getting ESO for PC. Anyone know if there are any PC gaming controllers that would work with ESO? I like that console feel with elder scroll games.
    Microsoft makes PC gamepads (same layout as the Xbox gamepads). Beyond that there are programs (buggy though) you can run to use a PS3 gamepad, and a few custom controllers.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get is, I can be a plate wearing archer. That sounds cool, but how does that work? I mean wouldn't plate be heavier and weigh me down? If not I'm gonna be a plate wearing archer lol.

To answer your first question: Yes, you can be a heavy plate wearing archer and be fine at it. There is no weight restrictions in this game as you would find in the series of games. What's different between all of the armor types (light/medium/heavy) is that each one has different passives that come with them (Magicka/Stamina/Health). So an archer wearing heavy armor will have less stamina regen and passives than someone wearing medium armor, but they would have much more survivability since they will have more Health regen and higher armor rating. Even a light armored archer would be good because they could cast their spells better than the other two.

There are no true "negatives" from wearing armor. What you miss out on is the passives that certain armor type gives you.

To answer your second question: ZOS is not going to support controllers for ESO. But they have said they will let you use third party programs to use controllers if you want too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presuming they use Xinput, then a regular xbox controller or a 3rd party logitech controller like the f710 would work. For Dualshock 3 (PS3) controller, there are several drivers like http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInpu...DS2-Controller, I don't recommend motioninjoy ever.

Then there are binding buttons to keyboard like xpadder of joy2key.
    Xpadder is a payware while joy2key isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    To answer your first question: Yes, you can be a heavy plate wearing archer and be fine at it. There is no weight restrictions in this game as you would find in the series of games. What's different between all of the armor types (light/medium/heavy) is that each one has different passives that come with them (Magicka/Stamina/Health). So an archer wearing heavy armor will have less stamina regen and passives than someone wearing medium armor, but they would have much more survivability since they will have more Health regen and higher armor rating. Even a light armored archer would be good because they could cast their spells better than the other two.

There are no true "negatives" from wearing armor. What you miss out on is the passives that certain armor type gives you.

To answer your second question: ZOS is not going to support controllers for ESO. But they have said they will let you use third party programs to use controllers if you want too.
    For first person shooters with Xpadder I suggest changing the mouse sensitivity to 80-90 (in Xpadder), this for me was the normal mouse speed on the thumbsticks.

I've used the program called "Xpadder" for a lot of games, it takes only 10 seconds to set up (compared to other programms this is a walk in the park)

Heres a pic of just an example of how easy it is too configure. And yes this works for ALL controllers that work with a PC, including PS3 and even Wiiremote if I remember correctly.

This is for people who wanna attempt it on beta btw. I completed Bioshock Infinite on PC using Xpader (default controlls suck).

If you use this for games with ingame controller support make sure to TURN IT OFF. Default controller support will conflict with keybindings (kinda obvious).

Was the NDA lifted?

I noticed that you... ''unedited'' your edits on this page Edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. I wish I had gotten in /sigh

Above average chances my ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Was the NDA lifted?

I noticed that you... ''unedited'' your edits on this page Edge.
    The NDA is still in effect. Saying that you are in beta isn't against the NDA. Well, technically it is, but Gstaff (the Global Community Lead), on the ESO forums, said that it's fine to say that you got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh beta is at the worst possible time, again. I'll be working during it, again (missed Monday too).

Deleted
    Ah, I missed the post explaining we're allowed to say when we're in BETA. I thought everything was still confidential and such. Ah well, in that case, I'm in

Deleted
    just a small heads up ... this new "beta invites" are just for a stress test on thursday, 3 hours, and one should expect the usual problems that come with an event that tries to destroy the servers

Thnx for the replies guys very informative and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I don't. I'm well aware that it's a work in progress.

- - - Updated - - -

So I was scurrying about the web for info and it seems like the templar is the only class with a dedicated healing skill path. Sure, anybody can grab a resto staff and toss around some heals, but if the templar has the best heals, who would want any other healer? I feel like this will just lead to people pigeonholing templars as healers.
    This is not a bad thing at all. I prefer signature classes with specific role and strength than everyone can do anything...one class must shine in single target heal, other in AOE, other class will be the buffer, another the debuffer...I am fan of bring the class not the player instead of the opposite.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.