Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well.

I'm pretty sure that I'm just 10 years beyond being excited about them, but I get this nagging feeling that Blizzard's only been getting groups that just happen to live in the Anaheim area so that they're not terribly inconvenienced for having to travel to the con. Cause I'm pretty sure Blink 182 hasn't done anything major in the last five years from what I've heard (apart from Barker being in a plane crash).

For example: At 2011 Dave Grohl was mentioning that he only lived like 20 minutes away and talked about his swimming pool. :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by prodruidlol View Post
    I feel like alot of people like you saying they aren't so cal legends don't actually know their back catalogue. Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch are 2 of my favourite albums. They were the 2 albums that have influenced a lot of local and international bands even if they are famous the are still legends on the scene of pop punk and punk rock...

PS does any 1 know if i can watch this in australia if i get the virtual ticket?
    No idea, but probably? Try asking a GM in game maybe, they might know a thing or two?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    I´am the only one happy about this ?
    Me as well!!! i wish i was there!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Posted by Bashiok
    Haha, don't worry about it. It's like, three clicks for me to suspend someone. It's super duper easy.

Offspring was the first year and still one of my favorite concerts for all the Blizzcons I have been to. Though Ozzy did lay the foam hose down while it was still on and sprayed the monitors he was using for lyrics. He kinda stumbled along until a stage hand came out and turned it off. The audience did take some prompting by Ozzy as to how to ask for an encore. From a group that mostly blindly follows quests, what else can you expect.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Well.

I'm pretty sure that I'm just 10 years beyond being excited about them, but I get this nagging feeling that Blizzard's only been getting groups that just happen to live in the Anaheim area so that they're not terribly inconvenienced for having to travel to the con. Cause I'm pretty sure Blink 182 hasn't done anything major in the last five years from what I've heard (apart from Barker being in a plane crash).

For example: At 2011 Dave Grohl was mentioning that he only lived like 20 minutes away and talked about his swimming pool. :P
    Yup, you seem to be quite right, they all seem to live in CA. Oh and apparently Blink did an album 'bout two years ago, which I suppose counts as something pretty major as a band.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love Blink, might get the virtual ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Well.

Sorry dude but Mark lives in England kinda far away from Anaheim i think.

Blink also released an album in 2011 and are releasing 1 next year (fingers crossed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Posted by Bashiok
    Haha, don't worry about it. It's like, three clicks for me to suspend someone. It's super duper easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well, they DID start by having Ozzy play... It's pretty darn hard to top him, simply due to his legacy.
    they actually started with The Offspring way back in 05. but the point still remains, blink are a step down lol
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Yeah Travis barker is no big deal, he's not that good or anything... and their newest album of a couple years ago is pretty bad.. oh wait none of that is true. This is pretty damn sweet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, i normally don't care for the closing band but i'll be watching this time. Loved blink 182 when i was younger.

I don't know how anybody else didn't catch this, but Blink! 182... As in Doctor Who, as in wibbly wobbly, timey wimey. It's also the month in which Doctor Who released 50 years ago. Totally a time travel expansion with plenty of Doctor Who Jokes.

I base this on nothing.

Who cares, anyone Blizzard picks is going to get blasted by the majority. Thousands or even Millions watching with the virtual pass, all of which have a different taste in music. No 1 pick is going to make everyone happy. Accept it already and move on.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    they actually started with The Offspring way back in 05. but the point still remains, blink are a step down lol
    Ah yes, so they did, so they did.

Not sure how I feel about an all-mage group closing the show. Way to show diversity, Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Pop-Punk, I believe is what they are commonly labeled.
    Pop-punk is an oxymoron.

Blink 182...this is fucking epic. I might get that virtual ticket now.

While I enjoy Blink and think the concert will be pretty good, whoever wrote this blurb has embellished Blink's history waaaaay too much. Sating facts such as how many albums they've sold is fine but saying they're ground-breaking and influential world wide is laughable... Ramones is pretty much the FIRST Pop-Punk band ever, you could argue that The Offspring and Bad Religion helped pave the way, but I'd say they're more Punk-Rock rather than Pop-Punk. So in essence, you could say the Pop-Punk revival was brought about by Green Day, not Blink.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Pop-punk is an oxymoron.
    Not at all. Punk doesn't have to sound like a wasted meth-head yelling about how much the establishment sucks, while pissing on your parents, and pop doesn't have to be some big-boobed airhead who sings about love and kittens.

Besides, the genre is age old, The Ramones had plenty of pop-punk songs, pop-punk is all about mixing the fast punk tempos, chord changes and loud guitars with pop-influenced melodies and lyrical themes.

Oh and you might think it's an oxymoron, doesn't change the fact that it's an old, and very established genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    While I enjoy Blink and think the concert will be pretty good, whoever wrote this blurb has embellished Blink's history waaaaay too much. Sating facts such as how many albums they've sold is fine but saying they're ground-breaking and influential world wide is laughable... Ramones is pretty much the FIRST Pop-Punk band ever, you could argue that The Offspring and Bad Religion helped pave the way, but I'd say they're more Punk-Rock rather than Pop-Punk. So in essence, you could say the Pop-Punk revival was brought about by Green Day, not Blink.
    When talking about pop-punk, there's the First Wave, like The Ramones and Bad Religion. Then there's the Second Wave, which is stuff like Blink, Good Charlotte and Sum 41.

Besides, Green Day didn't really revive it as such, since they started out in '87, before the genre was in need of a "revival" so to speak, but Green Day could be considered the link between the First and Second Wave of pop-punk. Oh and punk-rock is basically just "regular" punk, since punk is just short for punk-rock anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loooove Blink-182. Any band that defined my child hood is more than welcome to rock my face off at Blizzcon. I'm glad Blizz didn't take the low road and get someone like ....Justin Bieber ...or Robin Thicke - or whoever is putting out the shittiest music nowadays.

Deleted
    Don't get me wrong, I love a grew up to blink. That being said, I've been to 4 live shows. They were absolutely dreadful live. Guitar and bass sounded like screeching cats, Tom's voice is shockingly out of tune too.