Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Proving Grounds, Poll, Switching Professions, Blue Posts, Tweets, Windwalker Preview

Transmog Highlight - Celebrating The 5 Year Sword Award

Deck Spotlight: Spark's Beast Rattle Hunter, Deck Spotlight: Tempo Dragon Warrior, Unlocking Wild for New Players

New Hero Teaser - Deathwing?

New Comic on May 5th - Junkrat & Roadhog, Origins Editions Skin Unlock Clarification, Tracer Statue Returns!

Legion - Proving Grounds Requirement for Dungeons Removed
    Players will no longer have to complete Silver or higher on Proving Grounds to do dungeons in Legion.

Poll - Proving Grounds
    How much of Proving Grounds have you completed so far in Warlords?

Legion - Quest Parchment
    A recent Legion build upgraded the quest parchment used for the Broken Shores quest to be nicer than the one used in the default quest pane.

Legion - Switching Professions
    In Legion, some profession recipes are learned from quests, which would making switching back to previously known professions problematic if it weren't for these handy books that teach you recipes that you have previously learned from quests. They cost 1,000 each.

Level Type Name
    1Other Forgotten Techniques of the Broken Isles
    1Other Forgotten Formulas of the Broken Isles
    1Other Forgotten Plans of the Broken Isles
    1Other Forgotten Formulas of the Broken Isles
    1Other Forgotten Schematics of the Broken Isles
    1Other Forgotten Designs of the Broken Isles
    1Other Forgotten Patterns of the Broken Isles
    1Other Forgotten Patterns of the Broken Isles

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Holy Paladin Feedback -- Build 21570 -- 27-Apr
    A few various notes on the above:
    • Tyr's Deliverance radius is reduced, but it will transfer through Beacon (either next build or the one after)
    • Tyr's Deliverance will correctly partial tick on the final tick, so there are no haste breakpoints (other than the minor benefit of a full-strength buff still appearing from the final tick).
    • It's been a while since anyone's had to seriously play around the downside of Blessing of Sacrifice, so proper tuning on it will be easier to see once tank tuning is in a more final place on alpha. The goal will be to tune it as a spell with a meaningful downside, so a shorter cooldown is the most likely buff, but we want to make sure the downside is at least reasonable.
    • If an artifact trait is increasing the damage taken from 30% to 45%, that's a bug and is probably not helping with testing.
    • Bestow Faith is buffed in the next build.
    • Light of the Martyr and Aura of Sacrifice (heal replication) will no longer have their secondary effects increased when you heal a Guardian Druid or any other player with a general healing increase on them.
    • The removal of Holy Bolt is largely offset by baseline buffs to Holy Shock in the next build.
    • I corrected the Rule of Law post later in that thread
    • it currently does affect Light of Dawn even though this is not 100% explicit from the tooltip. That's intended for now.

We'll try giving Light of Dawn some hidden added targeting area around you (something like a small circle in addition to the cone), so that it hits everyone if you're in a clump, without worrying about who's precisely in front of you or behind you. Not enough to have to add visuals for it, just enough to feel like it's some overly generous targeting around the origin end of the cone. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Atonement Bug in Zones w/Legion Scaling Tech
    Just to catch up, since there have been various discussions and updates on the Disc class threads but not here:

The bugs related to Legion scaling have been fixed as far as we know (and your data seems to bear that out, including in the case of Mindbenders). There is a clarity issue whereby damage increases, unless they've been specifically allowed, intentionally don't increase Atonement healing--and this makes the Atonement healing percentage appear smaller. That's what you're seeing here with the passive damage increase on the artifact (which does start at a small nonzero value even before traits are unlocked). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    I've noticed that DK Class Hall hasn't been updated asset-wise to reflect same quality of other Halls. Any plans?
    We’re not giving it a complete overhaul, but are working to spruce it up a bit where we can. (WarcraftDevs)

Pets and Pet Battles
    Even though I hate the change to Howl Bomb, it was SORELY needed and it will be much better for Pet Battle teams. Although one will over write the other on debuffs?
    One ability slot is now heal/dive while the other is geyser/whirlpool. Previously you could have both Geyser and Wpool. (Muffinus)

Brawler's Guild
    Whats the status of the brawlers arena in Legion?
    The Brawler’s Guilds are going on hiatus. They said something about “preparing for the next big thing”. (WarcraftDevs)

Warcraft Movie Prequel Book Released
    The Official Movie Prequel book was released yesterday. It was written by Christie Golden and covers events leading up to the movie:

In the world of Draenor, the strong and fiercely independent Frostwolf Clan are faced with increasingly harsh winters and thinning herds. When Gul’dan, a mysterious outsider, arrives in Frostfire Ridge offering word of new hunting lands, Durotan, the Clan’s chieftain, must make an impossible decision: abandon the territory, pride and traditions of his people, or lead them into the unknown.

Final Boss - Windwalker Monk Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-04 at 01:09 PM.

Good. Silver was a moronic requirement for heroics because even when freshly dinged from Nagrand it was piss easy. And like the tweet says Mythic is premade so people can set their own requirements.

Disappointed about losing PG as a tool to select candidates for my mythic premades. It wasn't perfect, but helped to screen out players who were clueless about how to play their spec, whether it was dps trying to play a healing spec they'd never invested time in learning, boosted toons who couldn't be bothered to learn their rotations before queuing, or just players who needed mentoring/more practice before queuing to do mythics (I don't mind carrying guildies who need mentoring, but not every run for strangers).

We got by before PG, of course, but back then we weren't realm crossing either. When you started looking in trade chat to fill out your raid, you knew most of the names and how they'd done last time you raided with them. Hard to do that with players from all different realms showing up in your queue.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Disappointed about losing PG as a tool to select candidates for my mythic premades. It wasn't perfect, but helped to screen out players who were clueless about how to play their spec, whether it was dps trying to play a healing spec they'd never invested time in learning, boosted toons who couldn't be bothered to learn their rotations before queuing, or just players who needed mentoring/more practice before queuing to do mythics (I don't mind carrying guildies who need mentoring, but not every run for strangers).

We got by before PG, of course, but back then we weren't realm crossing either. When you started looking in trade chat to fill out your raid, you knew most of the names and how they'd done last time you raided with them. Hard to do that with players from all different realms showing up in your queue.
    Doing Proving Grounds upto gold doesn't mean squat dude. It never meant anything at launch when you were fresh 100 either because it was so damn easy. Doing endless up to an amazing wave for sure but the 3 medals were easy to get. Also bear in mind there will be a learning curve for mythics at first in Legion with the whole new element of keystones.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Disappointed about losing PG as a tool to select candidates for my mythic premades.
    You can still do so. It's just not mandatory for LFG heroics, but in pugs you can ask whatever you want.

PG was a useless tool as it let some classes/specs faceroll through and others struggle through.
    I would however think fixing it a better solution to abandoning it.

Getting pretty excited for WW after watching the video. Between that and MW, I'll probably end up maining my monk for Legion.

Deleted
    I used MoP Proving Grounds to prepare for challenge modes since the gear scaled down (not the mobs up like in legion). So everytime I did 30+ endless, I knew I would be of use to my cm buddies : D and I felt prepared (did cm 6 times in MoP)

Deleted
    They need to make a new and improved Proving Grounds. It's great for testing your basic skills, but it didn't represent the skill required for Heroics in Warlords. I think you should be able to do Gold for Heroics, and at least Silver for Normals. Dungeons are not supposed to be faceroll. If you can only do Gold Proving Grounds, you can't do Mythic Dungeons.

Lazy MMO-Champion adding a poll instead of pulling the data from armory...

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess ill be kicking lots of ppl the first weeks/months of Legion as PG requirement is removed

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Lazy MMO-Champion adding a poll instead of pulling the data from armory...
    Saving that for later this week, news today may get pushed down by the weekly Legion patch sooner than normal.

The MMOC audience is also significantly different from the general population.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-04 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mathiaslindberg View Post
    but it didn't represent the skill required for Heroics in Warlords.
    For some classe/spec combos Silver Proving Grounds was harder than most heroics in WoD. That's the problem - the PG system was flawed by having the same test for multiple classes - not all classes are created equal. My MM hunter walked through silver at iLvl 595, arcane mage struggled to get through at iLvl 615.

Yes - I could have just gone Frost to faceroll my way through, but that's not the point - I was going to be running heroics as Arcane, so I tried to use the system.

The system failed.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Another "elitist" poll where it looks like most of the people are liars. I'd be curious to see the real percentage of players that have achieved anything with Proving Grounds. Too bad polls can't be done that require you vote through Battle.Net. If you don't have an achievement, it automatically stops you from selecting anything above what you have done while also automatically selecting the option that corresponds to your best achievement for that poll. Might finally get some honest polls with something like that and it'd also stop anyone who doesn't even play WoW from voting as well as those not currently playing (or at least haven't played the current expansion). Would certainly reveal how different the MMO-C audience really is from the actual player base if we could only vote based upon what we've really achieved rather than fudging the numbers.

Polls are always a good laugh since so many just love to lie on them even if they're anonymous. Doesn't help when you can vote multiple times in the same poll, either.

Wonder if the requirements for Proving Grounds will get removed with the pre-patch for WoD or if Blizzard will leave that as is because it will then be old content.

Should have been upped to gold not removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Should have been upped to gold not removed.
    How is stopping good players doing content just because of the class they are playing going to help anything?

No - they should have been FIXED, not made worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Another "elitist" poll where it looks like most of the people are liars.
    You forget - 95% of gamers are above average gamers

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    I've noticed that DK Class Hall hasn't been updated asset-wise to reflect same quality of other Halls. Any plans?
    We’re not giving it a complete overhaul, but are working to spruce it up a bit where we can. (WarcraftDevs)
    So essentially they got lazy or ran out of time and didn't finish it. Now they forgot about it and have to hurry and throw in some stuff. What a joke. This expansion is going to be so shit.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Polls are always a good laugh since so many just love to lie on them even if they're anonymous. Doesn't help when you can vote multiple times in the same poll, either.
    You can "vote" as many times as you want, but all it does is change your previous vote.

Even with Proving Grounds seeming easy to some, they served as a good barrier to people who couldn't be bothered (and frequently wouldn't bother in the dungeon either). I worry now what dungeon groups are going to include with anybody getting in regardless of actual ability. This is a step backwards, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    How is stopping good players doing content just because of the class they are playing going to help anything?

No - they should have been FIXED, not made worse.

- - - Updated - - -

You forget - 95% of gamers are above average gamers
    If you can't get gold you're not a good player. I leveled every class except paladin this expansion and had no trouble in proving grounds on any of them.