Even if they do add other legendary gear, the real concern is them not breaking the power ceiling. Long as they don't do that, they can add all the legendaries they want, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Even if they do add other legendary gear, the real concern is them not breaking the power ceiling. Long as they don't do that, they can add all the legendaries they want, IMO.
    No, because asc armor will have been released before leg armor this isn't true. I'd instantly get leg armor if it looked cool but that would mean not using my ascended anymore which cost me at least 300g, that's a good chunk of gold down the toilet.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    No, because asc armor will have been released before leg armor this isn't true. I'd instantly get leg armor if it looked cool but that would mean not using my ascended anymore which cost me at least 300g, that's a good chunk of gold down the toilet.
    And yet if they added gear more powerful than the current legendary/ascended gear, all legendaries as well as ascended would become devalued as no longer the best gear. That's what I mean about breaking the power ceiling being the real concern. Legendary armor as statistically the same but aesthetically different and having the ability to swap stats around is an advantage if you really want it, and it would suck if you already had ascended, but it's not as damaging as something that goes beyond the limits already set being added.

I agree, I just think that adding legendary armor now would be a kick in the balls to people like me who already have ascended gear and who have spent a lot of gold on it.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I agree, I just think that adding legendary armor now would be a kick in the balls to people like me who already have ascended gear and who have spent a lot of gold on it.
    Yea I have to agree with this. If they were going to add legendary armor the time to do it would have either been now when they added ascended armor, or much later. Like a year from now.

The only way I'm okay with them adding legendary armor is if they add a way to upgrade existing ascended armor into legendary.

I don't think Legendary armor really fits. I may be wrong but I think Legendary weapons is all that we will have in that regard. But I also say that they won't have a level increase.

I feel that too many categories of legendary is excessive as well, but I'm not opposed to the idea long as the power level keeps parity. Legendaries are not something I see myself ever getting, at least not anytime soon at any rate.

The problem with legendary armor would be 6 pieces, IMO. I mean, I could see the legendary Helm of OoggieBoogie or whatnot, but assembling the gloves, g-string, pasties, heels, gigantic shoulder pads and helm? That seems a bit much.

I'd really appreciate more chest/legpiece combo's for things, rather than either helm or shoulders or backpieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of adding legendary gear besides the weapons. I could possibly be okay with Legendary auras, as long as they aren't overwhelming.

Deleted
    Thing that struck me most, is that they said pre release all gear would be available from what ever game style you played & that legendaries would never give a bonus over top tier gear.
    That still hasn`t happened, getting the mats in WvWs is a grind & a dozen, same for ascended. Ascended back pieces still don`t exist in there.
    While technically being able to swap the stats on the legendary toys isn`t higher, it is still a leap that-a-way, & this changed after roughly 14 months of game going live.
    So in a year or so, I`m betting it`ll get the creep folk don`t want, because they seem to of changed most of their ideas on what they want the game to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The problem with legendary armor would be 6 pieces, IMO. I mean, I could see the legendary Helm of OoggieBoogie or whatnot, but assembling the gloves, g-string, pasties, heels, gigantic shoulder pads and helm? That seems a bit much.
    I want that outfit. :P GW2 needs some sexier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show was on last night, maybe the designers will steal some ideas, especially given the number of wings.

Haha, my bf and I caught part of the VS show and I told him Anet needed to get their back piece ideas from it. Funny thing is it was on the part with the giant smiley face and another one had balloons, hearts, stars, etc. He said, "Like that?" I said, "Exactly like that."

Edit: Hah! I found it!

Last edited by Lane; 2013-12-11 at 11:24 PM.

Haha, my bf and I caught part of the VS show and I told him Anet needed to get their back piece ideas from it. Funny thing is it was on the part with the giant smiley face and another one had balloons, hearts, stars, etc. He said, "Like that?" I said, "Exactly like that."
    I just watched the very start of it, so didn't see that one. It would be amusing though, yes.

Someone would probably protest anyway. Though, wasn't there supposed to be schoolgirl outfits datamined at some point?

BUT THE OBJECTIFICATION OF WOMEN AND BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA
    BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA
    AND THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

/sarcasm

Deleted

I`m male, yet old fashioned (or just plain old ;p) & never like skimpy armour sets. Just looks silly.
    Probably just as well I used to play a big fat charr. Only thing as sexy as those things are female taurens ;p

Edit: Good job HoM existed, otherwise my gear`d be awful, especially as played a moggy for a main
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2013-12-12 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    I`m male, yet old fashioned (or just plain old ;p) & never like skimpy armour sets. Just looks silly.
    Probably just as well I used to play a big fat charr. Only thing as sexy as those things are female taurens ;p
    I'm male, and old, and like a spectrum of looks for the characters. For my mesmer I wanted something formal-ish and it's a pain finding something that isn't half skimpy. OTOH, it's hard to also find something that is VERY skimpy if you want that.

And of course, male characters have all the variety of a tuxedo shop.

Sexy =/= skimpy, didn't mean to give that impression, but if the only choices I'm given are a burlap sack or a bikini I will usually take the bikini. :P

Two of the sexiest armors I've seen in game are thus far only available to NPCs. One is Countess Anise's set and the other is the one seen here:

(As an aside, I do find it funny that the only 3 plate armors that could remotely qualify for "plate bikinis" are also in this image. Most plate is full coverage, which I do not like.)