Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do orc clans exsist within the horde anymore?

The obvious exception being the Frostwolf & Warsong clan (Just because they have battlegrounds) & The Mag'har but they are from Outland & become part of the "new horde" after the fact.

The old horde was formed of many many clans & with Thrall wanting the orcs to "get back to their roots" why is it now a days the individual clan identities are non existent.

*Edit: & by horde I mean Thrall/Garrosh's horde. Not the Dark Horde or Fel Horde, both of which clearly identify the clans within.
    Last edited by Poshadin; 2011-10-06 at 07:26 PM.

The Blackmaw were still their own clan and even still have their own identity after joining the horde, so yes I believe there are still clans out there. The horde is the unifying body of these clans, but individual groups still have their clan leaders.
    Same goes for dwarves, trolls, and goblins.

Deleted
    I dont thing so... they are all unified under one banner now after they escaped the alliance prison camps.
    Warsong and Frostwolf make an exception, so do Blackrock and Dragonmaw, because they kinda were not imprisoned by the humans and retained their clan lifestyle. We can say the same about Mag'har, because they were not on this world when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    The obvious exception being the Frostwolf & Warsong clan (Just because they have battlegrounds) & The Mag'har but they are from Outland & become part of the "new horde" after the fact.

The old horde was formed of many many clans & with Thrall wanting the orcs to "get back to their roots" why is it now a days the individual clan identities are non existent.
    Dragonmaw are still a clan, Bonechewer and Blackrock are still clans (an evil one but a clans). Yes, i belive clans still exist, even when they are not named much in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    The Blackmaw
    I'm assuming you meant Dragonmaw? Or maybe Blackrock? :P

Deleted
    theres a boss in black templesomething bloodboil who yells for the horde when you engage him i dunno why though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolvar1983 View Post
    theres a boss in black templesomething bloodboil who yells for the horde when you engage him i dunno why though
    He means Horde will crush you, and i thing he means the old horde, the baddies.

Well the Dragonmaw & Blackrock clans are independent from the horde. & by independent I mean they have a declared cheiftan that is not affilated with the horde.

Blackrock = Rend Blackhand
    Dragonmaw = Zuluhed

Even after the Dragonmaw clan integrated with the horde they still resisted the horde itself. (If I'm right I'll admit I've never quested as horde in Cata)

Even after the Dragonmaw clan integrated with the horde they still resisted the horde itself. (If I'm right I'll admit I've never quested as horde in Cata)
    This part isn't correct. You help the Dragonmaw overthrow the Fel Orcs that took them over and they gratefully commit to Garrosh's Horde.

But yes, the clans are still in the Horde. They just don't have the political power they once had, now that the Horde is more a conglomeration of different races.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Orc#Notable_clans ?
    Those listed under the Horde are supposedly affiliated with the Horde, and thus a clan within the Horde banner yet under their own.

Deleted
    Shattered Hand still exists, somehow, as the rogue organization of the orcs.

Also, Eitrigg and Saurfang are Blackrocks, though they aren't part of the Horde as clan figures.

The way I always understood it was: the clans are unified, but are nonetheless still clans. The differences are there, but are no longer as important as when they were not all joined in the Horde - they've become less dividing clans, and more family names. Dragonmaw, Frostwolf, and Warsong, we all know for certain still exist as their own entities, it seems logical the other clans would still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    I'm assuming you meant Dragonmaw? Or maybe Blackrock? :P
    Indeed. Both, really, though only the dragonmaw have joined to my knowledge.

Sorry, long day is long.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine2976 View Post
    The way I always understood it was: the clans are unified, but are nonetheless still clans. The differences are there, but are no longer as important as when they were not all joined in the Horde - they've become less dividing clans, and more family names. Dragonmaw, Frostwolf, and Warsong, we all know for certain still exist as their own entities, it seems logical the other clans would still exist.
    That's what I'd lead towards but in my opinion then the clan itself no longer exists. Guess my biggest requirement for a clan to still be active would be a named Chieftain From what I gather, none exists.

For the wowpedia link, who are the chieftains for each clan? If I were to hazard a guess it'd be as follows.

Horde

Frostwolf clan - None (Thrall was but doesn't seem he is, Drek'thar is the chief shaman but does not claim the title of cheiftain)
    Warsong clan - Garrosh
    Shattered Hand clan (Azeroth) - ???
    Mok'Nathal clan - Leoroxx
    The Mag'har - Garrosh
    Thunderlord clan - ???
    Dragonmaw clan - Was Zuluhed now ???

The Mok'Nathal & Mag'har are kind of exempt as they were post reopening of the dark portal.

That's what I'd lead towards but in my opinion then the clan itself no longer exists. Guess my biggest requirement for a clan to still be active would be a named Chieftain From what I gather, none exists.

For the wowpedia link, who are the chieftains for each clan? If I were to hazard a guess it'd be as follows.

Horde

Frostwolf clan - None (Thrall was but doesn't seem he is, Drek'thar is the chief shaman but does not claim the title of cheiftain)
    Warsong clan - Garrosh
    Shattered Hand clan (Azeroth) - ???
    Mok'Nathal clan - Leoroxx
    The Mag'har - Garrosh
    Thunderlord clan - ???
    Dragonmaw clan - Was Zuluhed now ???
    Do the Horde quests in Twilight Highlands. Overlord Morg'hor from Outland returns as the oppressive tyrant, until we kill him and Zaela takes command.

As long as the Orcs think of themselves as Frostwolves, or Thunderlords, or Dragonmaw, the clan still exists.

I can't remember where, but I seem to recall reading an explanation on orcish clans within the new Horde. Basically, it said that a lot of orcs still identify themselves as being from a certain clan, but the Horde and their loyalty to it are recognized as more important.

Deleted
    It would be nice, if they would create more settlements, or even let you choose a clan for your character (same would go for troll > tribes, belfs > houses (house windrunner for example) undead and goblins would be harder though. Nothing comes up my mind for these two. As for the alliance, you could choose a kingdom for humans > kul tiras, stormwind, dwarfs have something like clans two.
    You could get a bonus for choosing a clan, but nothing, that benefits your damage or something like that. Maybe something like bonus on you professions. You could even choose a surname from a variety of names from that clan. (xxx battlescar of the dragonmaw clan)
    But since there could be problems for other races to find something equal, I doubt, that something like that will be implimented in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I can't remember where, but I seem to recall reading an explanation on orcish clans within the new Horde. Basically, it said that a lot of orcs still identify themselves as being from a certain clan, but the Horde and their loyalty to it are recognized as more important.
    Basically this. Azerothian Orcs still may cling to old tribal heritage, but in reality, they are just members of the horde. Similar to the situation of white people in America. Yes, some may cling to "My ancestors are german." or "I'm english" but in reality, you are just a bunch of white Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I am a clan of my own!
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Deleted
    The only three clans that are still active inside the Horde are indeed Warsong, Frostwolf and Dragonmaw.