Thread: girls or wow

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    At the risk of sounding similar to the "SUPER HETEROSEXUALS" Juri mentioned earlier in this thread.. this quote ^ saddens me. A girlfriend (Or boyfriend) is supposed to be special. Someone you love.

Do you really care so little about her that you could honestly say "Eh, who cares if she leaves, I can always go get another girl"?
    Not always. Some people, such as myself, find dating interesting and tend to not take relationships seriously in the early stages. I for one probably wouldn't care if a girl I've only known for a few weeks and only been dating for a few days left. Now if she were my girlfriend and/or bestfriend for a few years that would be a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Talk to Bibi, he´s a reasonable guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop being a giant trolling asshole.
    See, I can say nasty things in public!

(im going to make a comment that i know no one will respond to)
    The true underlying issue is how WoW or video games in general is viewed as a past time in comparison to other past times. Considering the potential time sink you could pose the same question for different hobbies and get vastly different reactions:
    girls or music
    girls or painting
    girls or sport
    girls or pleasure reading
    girls or amateur programming
    girls or etc..

The amusing thing to me is that each one of those options can be more or less isolating, or be more or less non-beneficial to society (since one anti WoW argument is your not being a contributing member). You could claim sports to be more of a social activity, but depending on how you play WoW, it is just as, if not more of, a social activity. And in todays ever growing digital environment, whose to say anymore that those connections you make online are any less real? Most people have lots of acquaintances but few real dependable friendships anyway.

If i say no to girls, because i want to devote myself to a painting, id probably be supported. Even if i'm likely never to show what i create to anyone important. But if i say i want to play video games, suddenly its taboo. "get a life" people will say, as if the constant struggle for monetary gains in the "real world" is fulfilling by default. Each person needs to decide for themselves what living fulfilling means, while also being willing to question their own realities and consider there could be better. What im trying to say is that there is not necessarily a right or wrong way to live your life (tho there may be better or worse), as long as it isn't harming others.

btw, i'd choose girl > wow :P
    Last edited by Nynax; 2011-04-05 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt I'd pick a girl over WoW anyday...or any hobby/timesink for that matter.

I have a hot (now wife) s/o that plays WoW more than I do. =D

everybody would say girlfriend, but it she a good girlfriend if she can accept your hobbies at all?
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Deleted
    Combining both is completely impossible?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Combining both is completely impossible?
    The disc wouldn't fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found that playing WOW is a lot easier on my finances that a girlfriend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    My partner is totally fine with wow, although she does have a dig at me every few months about the amount of time i play.

So why is it one or the other?

I don't get it. Unless you play from the kitchen she's got no way of knowing how much you play.

I had both till I quit playing wow.. and she plays wow still xD

Quote Originally Posted by tehlite View Post
    I don't get it. Unless you play from the kitchen she's got no way of knowing how much you play.
    I hope someone makes this their sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Talk to Bibi, he´s a reasonable guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop being a giant trolling asshole.
    See, I can say nasty things in public!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    The disc wouldn't fit.
    I get it!! Because the disc would go....

hm wait, maybe I shouldn't say that to a mod. I will just say I like girls and they are nice and the girl I like likes wow so I can girl while I wow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    At the moment I have the best of both worlds, and I'm hoping it stays this way.

But if for some reason I'm forced to choose, I'd gladly say goodbye to WoW.
    The same, my girlfriend used to play, so she sees the appeal of the game too. But she also makes sure I don't get too "carried away" with the pixels. :P

<3 to her.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper View Post
    no sadly people pick wow
    Sadly? A gf that wont let you play WoW is a gf that should get shot in the face anyway.

The disc wouldn't fit.
    Digital download ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    Eh, For now... mmm. I'm only 17 years old.
    Sure I would love to have a girlfriend to fuck but a relationship... eh not so much right now.
    Maybe when I am 25 because even without wow I wouldn't want to be in a relationship.
    Bitches my age are too much trouble just so much to handle. Like I said 25 will proly have a kid at 30 or 35ish.
    Until then, I will enjoy the free time I have to do whatever the hell I want. :]
    I agree, the girls around our age is... not someone I feel getting into a relationship with, sad but true.
    So for now, I would also stick to wow, later in my life this would change I assume

Deleted
    The disc wouldn't fit.
    Challenge accepted!

I am happily engaged to my girlfriend of 5 years, we play WoW together as well.

Right now i would choose wow because im tired of my releatonship -.-
    And thats said i once stopped playing wow for this girl.

But girls come and go..wow stays

I met my girlfriend thriugh wow. people that say you cant make bonds online are just scared of being laughed at by the videogame hating "cool" people. Humanity needs to grow the fuck up.

If i was asked to choose however, i would pick her in a heartbeat simply because i only play very little now. but shes the only reason i play this game now , so she would never ask me to guve up a hobby for. Her, so long as theres bala.ce. its all about balance.

Wrote this on an android, sorry for mistakes.